Timing of events on Scadrial and Roshar

On 7/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, stormwallsurfer said:

Do we know how the timing lines up on Scadrial and Roshar? In TWOK Demoux is seen worldhopping on Roshar, meaning the non-flashback events we've seen on Roshar must occur after but within decades of the Final Ascension on Scadrial. In Mistborn Secret History, Kelsier only learns of worldhopping around the time of the Catacendre. He is widely theorized to be Thaidakar, but the Ghostbloods have presumably been operating for decades on Roshar. When did Kelsier establish the Ghostbloods? Also, Demoux followed Kelsier in life, later becoming one of the founders of and most dedicated adherent to Survivalism. What are the chances that he became a worldhopper but NOT a member of the Ghostbloods?

I assume this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything written on it. Have I made some faulty assumptions?

Thanks!

As said above, the first half of SA happens before Era 2, and the second half will happen after it, and will be 10-15 years after SA Era 1, therefore, MB Era 2 happens in the 10-15 Year Gap between SA5 and SA6. 

Warbreaker happens a few generations before SA1, and after the Catacendre. I imagine 100-125 Years in my own headcanon. (Using 25 Year Generations, and imaging 4-5)

So, 102.272727273 Rosharan Years Before SA1, that means around 102 Years and 136 Days, imagining that Gavilar's Assassination took place on 1167.10.7.3, it would put the end of Warbreaker around 1065.7.10.2, and Manywar around 793, and Awakening Discovered around 702.

So, lets just approximate that the events of W&W happens in the middle of SA5 and SA6, and that SA6 happens on 1190, that would put the events of W&W happening in the vicinity of 1182, which equates to ~341 PC. Therefore, Catacendre is around 872. And the Ascension of TLR would be around -60. 

Birth of Kelsier would be around 835, his death around 869.

For other things, the Birth of Waxillium would be around 1144, and birth of Wayne should be around 1150, around the birth of Adolin. 

Edited by Zoey

On 9/23/2021 at 11:36 PM, Zoey said:

For other things, the Birth of Waxillium would be around 1144, and birth of Wayne should be around 1150, around the birth of Adolin. 

1 hour ago, i’m in the details said:

That’s kinda crazy that Adolin and Wayne are basically the same age, and both love clothing 

Looking at the timelines, another interesting thing I’ve noted is that the timing of Edwarn’s withdrawal from Elendel society in around 330 PC (which may be when he started working with the Set) likely lines up pretty closely in time to when things really start moving in the present-day plot on Roshar.

By which I mean late 1165/early 1166, around which time Szeth is being named Truthless, Shallan is bonding Testament, the listeners make first contact with the Alethi, the Sons of Honor become active, and Axindweth is influencing Gavilar and Venli.

Perhaps it’s just coincidence, but just seems a bit suspicious.

8 hours ago, mdross81 said:

Looking at the timelines, another interesting thing I’ve noted is that the timing of Edwarn’s withdrawal from Elendel society in around 330 PC (which may be when he started working with the Set) likely lines up pretty closely in time to when things really start moving in the present-day plot on Roshar.

By which I mean late 1165/early 1166, around which time Szeth is being named Truthless, Shallan is bonding Testament, the listeners make first contact with the Alethi, the Sons of Honor become active, and Axindweth is influencing Gavilar and Venli.

Perhaps it’s just coincidence, but just seems a bit suspicious.

I do want to note as well that I think that Year 0 on the Rosharan Calander is when Honor finally died the rest of the way. 

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

I do want to note as well that I think that Year 0 on the Rosharan Calander is when Honor finally died the rest of the way. 

That would make a lot of sense, but I’m not sure it’s the case given what the Sibling says in RoW 49:

I have … been wounded. Thousands of years ago, something happened that changed the singers. It hurt me too.

Navani covered her shock. “You’re speaking of the binding of that Unmade, which made the singers lose their forms?”

Yes. That terrible act touched the souls of all who belong to Roshar. Spren too

“How have no spren mentioned this?”

I don’t know. But I lost the rhythm of my Light that day. The tower stopped working. My father, Honor, should have been able to help me, but he was losing his mind. And he soon died …

Now, the Sibling doesn’t conceive of time the same way mortals do. But the binding of BAM was around -880 and I don’t know whether 880 years later qualifies as “soon”

44 minutes ago, mdross81 said:

That would make a lot of sense, but I’m not sure it’s the case given what the Sibling says in RoW 49:

Now, the Sibling doesn’t conceive of time the same way mortals do. But the binding of BAM was around -880 and I don’t know whether 880 years later qualifies as “soon”

I just saw it as being soon compared to their experiences. IIRC, Sibling spent much of that time not fully aware or conscious. Along with that, Sibling is like, 6,000 Years old iirc. So Soon would be a different thing to it. Even moreso when you take into advantage how Immortal beings experience time differently, and how they weren't fully aware, it still can be classified as soon according to it. 

But yeah, my theory still could be wrong. Not saying it is 100% true. Just saying that quote doesn't necessary disprove it.