Morghana

14 hours ago, Morghana said:

Navani is who I relate most to, so I’ll stick my shards there :ph34r:

Was your husband that hard to get? :P

Just kidding, Navani would be the one I could relate to the most too (though she's much smarter than me. And much more successful. And much more beautiful. And I stop now, before I get depressed). Scientist at heart, strong and still deeply in love with the (second) man she married. But for my favorite character,  I'll have to say Lopen. He's just so insanely optimistic that I can help but smile everytime he steals the scene. :lol:

Welcome to the Shard! You've been asked your most favourite and least favourite character already. So let me ask you, which is your most favourite book/ book series in the cosmere?

I love Lopen as well! My husband wasn’t that hard to get, but I was his boss for six years! 

Stormlight is my favourite series, but so far I have to say the Emporers soul has caught my imagination the most. Thanks for the warm welcome all of you - but I expect that from other cosmere fans! 

i relate to Navani for similar reasons - bad first marriage but got my wonderful children out of it. I’ve known hubby 2 for twenty plus years, been together 2 and married 18 months. When you know, you know. Got back from honeymoon the day before lockdown. He’s supportive, caring but strong - not physically like Gavilar but in every other way, so I’m a lucky girl. He kept telling me how good the books were so I read one to keep him happy, and haven’t stopped yet.

that’s enough about me, Elf, what’s your favourite? Actually, favourite and’s least favourite from each of you, and why? Characters, book, series - take your pick!

M

1 hour ago, Morghana said:

that’s enough about me, Elf, what’s your favourite? Actually, favourite and’s least favourite from each of you, and why? Characters, book, series - take your pick!

Ooh, Stormlight is just awesome. I haven't read Emperor's soul yet, though. I'll get to it soon.

My favourite book series would have to be Mistborn. It's what got me into the Cosmere, in fact. I've been in love with the Cosmere ever since.

I love all the books in the Cosmere, but my least favourite book has to be Elantris. It was Brandon Sanderson's debut book and It's a vibrant, passionate story, but it's just not as good as some of his later works. I still adore it, though.

Hmm... favourite character. Tough match between Kelsier and Kaladin, but in the end, I have to go with Kelsier. I just love me a good psychopath. He's just such a nice murderous little criminal mastermind.

Least favourite character- Moash. If you know, you know.

9 hours ago, Marukka said:

Just kidding, Navani would be the one I could relate to the most too (though she's much smarter than me. And much more successful. And much more beautiful. And I stop now, before I get depressed). Scientist at heart, strong and still deeply in love with the (second) man she married. But for my favorite character,  I'll have to say Lopen. He's just so insanely optimistic that I can help but smile everytime he steals the scene. :lol:

3 hours ago, Elf_at_heart said:

Ooh, Stormlight is just awesome. I haven't read Emperor's soul yet, though. I'll get to it soon.

My favourite book series would have to be Mistborn. It's what got me into the Cosmere, in fact. I've been in love with the Cosmere ever since.

I love all the books in the Cosmere, but my least favourite book has to be Elantris. It was Brandon Sanderson's debut book and It's a vibrant, passionate story, but it's just not as good as some of his later works. I still adore it, though.

Hmm... favourite character. Tough match between Kelsier and Kaladin, but in the end, I have to go with Kelsier. I just love me a good psychopath. He's just such a nice murderous little criminal mastermind.

Least favourite character- Moash. If you know, you know.

Love Kelsier too. Baz started me on stormlight, and I read them straight through, loved them. I read it appease him, but now I’m hooked!

Elantris is a good book, and I love that there are strong women in each one. I haven’t had the easiest life and have had to be strong, it’s good to see that reflected in fiction instead of the ‘more coffee darling?’ Stereotype.  

Just started the mistborn trilogy, on the second book and I love Vin as a character.

Moash is my least favourite for obvious reasons. I am looking forward to the rest of the series, and meeting people on here. But I’m also glad I have a kindle, his books are on the large side!

9 hours ago, Marukka said:

Not that hard to get, I was his boss for years so he’s used to me, and the other way around. 

I’m more on the creative side than Navani, but I like to think I’m still ok looking for my age lol. 

love a bit of Lopen - which reminds be I need to be somewhere - I’ve got some glowing to do!

2 hours ago, Morghana said:

Not that hard to get, I was his boss for years so he’s used to me, and the other way around. 

You mean, he was used to bossing him around. Good start for a marriage. ;) (Sorry, I promise that was the last of those jokes).

Anyway, kids are always great. Just finished with cleaning up my biggest one's violent diarrhea and having a nice glass of wine to celebrate. :D 

As for your trouble with the photo, if you want to change your avatar picture, you need to click the smaller (green) icon to upload the image and not the bigger (red) icon. But maybe I misunderstood. Was a big celebratory glass. See you around! :) Edit: I mean the button next to the red mark, it rally WAS too big a glass...

20210703_235035.jpg

Edited by Marukka