Crazy Connections I noticed (Theory)

Zoey

This was just a rabbithole I went down as a joke on a Discord Group Message, but I kinda think I am actually onto something and want to share it online. Albeit organized in a more coherent manner. Don't be too harsh, I admit it is quite a stretch and wanted to do it for fun mostly. 

------

So, we all know how there are 4 Dawnshards, and we could say that there are 4 Realms, Physical, Cognitive, Spiritual, and The Beyond. 

So, with that said, I noticed some connections between things. 

So 4^2 is 16, and there are 16 Shards. Well, going off of Sel and Roshar, we can see the presence of 16 in Pre-Shattering days. And I can see ways in which we can connect Adonalsium to 16, in how Dawshards could permeate all 4 Realms, and have separate traits in each of them. In the Physical Realm they could be with the Four Fundamental Forces, and take on different aspects of Creation in the other Realms, this would make for 16 Aspects in total. 

One can also see that Yolen, where Adonalsium originally created humans, has Two Ecosystems,  Trune and Fain, well 2^2 is 4, and this idea can be backed up by how Taldain System, where Taldain also has Two Ecosystems, likely inspired by Yolen, and if you count the number of Celestial Bodies you have Two Stars, One Moon, and One Planet. This making up Four in total, further backing up by idea of the connection of 2 and 4. 2^2 = 4 and 4^2 = 16. 

This shows that 16 did come from Adonalsium and is (maybe) associated with the Dawnshards.

---------

Separate idea of the importance of 4, 

4 Realms,

4 Dawnshards,

4 Dimensions, (which encompass everything that is)

4 Fundamental Forces, (which control how the world works)

4 Basic States of Matter (which all partakes in)

4 Elements in Buddhism and Classical Greek beliefs 

4 Letters of the Tetragammon (and Adonalsium is named after Adonai, one of the names of God in Judiasm)

4 Nucleobases in DNA (which makes up the code of how animals operate, like how Dawnshards are like rules of Reality)

4 Basic Operations of Arithmetic (through which all math can be done and reality can be quantified and have its rules described) 

5 hours ago, Zoey said:

So 4^2 is 16, 

Now this is intresting, most of us have been doing the 4*4 is sixteen, or 2*2*4 is sixteen.

4^2 is something I haven't seen, that could be very inresting how that could be used to break down into shards.

5 hours ago, Zoey said:

4 Realms,

What's the fourth?

to my knowledge there are only three.

Edited by Frustration

6 hours ago, Zoey said:

4 Fundamental Forces, (which control how the world works)

GRAVITY IS NOT A FORCE

MMMM LIES

Ok but actually, the "force" of Gravity is just matter trying to follow it's straight line through the dimension of time, in a curved spacetime due to mass.

"Mass tells spacetime how to curve, spacetime tells matter how to move".

The curvature of spacetime literally deflects some of your temporal momentum into 3D space, causing you to fall and also experience time dilation near massive objects. (Bonus: the Equivalence Principle "There is no difference between being accelerated due to gravity or due to an outside force" explains why accelerating close to lightspeed makes you experience time dilation too).

Double Bonus: Investiture also warps spacetime, like mass. So Sel's cognitive-realm-full-of-2-shards'-worth-of-investiture is probably causing Sel to be slower relative to the rest of the Cosmere, but because it's in the cognitive realm, the planet doesn't have absurd gravitation.

12 hours ago, Frustration said:

Now this is intresting, most of us have been doing the 4*4 is sixteen, or 2*2*4 is sixteen.

4^2 is something I haven't seen, that could be very inresting how that could be used to break down into shards.

4^2 is four squared, which means the same as 4*4 (only written in a different notation). As you said, this has been a fairly common assumption for a while now about how to divide Adonalsium into 16.

As far as I can tell, the way you could apply ‘4^2=16’ to the Shattering would be ‘divide Adonalsium into quarters, then divide each of those quarters into quarters’ which gives us 16. 

2 hours ago, RedBlue said:

4^2 is four squared, which means the same as 4*4 (only written in a different notation). As you said, this has been a fairly common assumption for a while now about how to divide Adonalsium into 16.

As far as I can tell, the way you could apply ‘4^2=16’ to the Shattering would be ‘divide Adonalsium into quarters, then divide each of those quarters into quarters’ which gives us 16. 

Yep, this seems to be the general consensus of the 17th shard thus far. it's just that nowadays we actually have some knowledge of how Ado would be split that way.

19 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

GRAVITY IS NOT A FORCE

MMMM LIES

Ok but actually, the "force" of Gravity is just matter trying to follow it's straight line through the dimension of time, in a curved spacetime due to mass.

"Mass tells spacetime how to curve, spacetime tells matter how to move".

The curvature of spacetime literally deflects some of your temporal momentum into 3D space, causing you to fall and also experience time dilation near massive objects. (Bonus: the Equivalence Principle "There is no difference between being accelerated due to gravity or due to an outside force" explains why accelerating close to lightspeed makes you experience time dilation too).

Double Bonus: Investiture also warps spacetime, like mass. So Sel's cognitive-realm-full-of-2-shards'-worth-of-investiture is probably causing Sel to be slower relative to the rest of the Cosmere, but because it's in the cognitive realm, the planet doesn't have absurd gravitation.

Well it is still considered one of the Four Fundamental Forces, even if it is not a force according to general relativity. I am well aware of how Gravity is often considered, no need to explain it all to me or get so hostile. I am just using the agreed upon terminology. Fundamental Forces and Fundamental Interactions and such. It is the common terminology to refer to Weak Force-Strong Force-Electromagnetic-Gravity connections and correlations, even if Gravity isn't necessarily a force in how its modeled.  

20 hours ago, Frustration said:

What's the fourth?

to my knowledge there are only three.

I was considering The Beyond as a Realm, as mentioned in my post. Yeah, it isn't actively called a Realm, but my connections and such don't work if it isn't considered one. Though mostly due to my ideas of the 16 Aspects being very tenuous and reaching to begin with.  

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

I was considering The Beyond as a Realm, as mentioned in my post. Yeah, it isn't actively called a Realm, but my connections and such don't work if it isn't considered one

The Beyond isn't canon though.

It also isn't non-canon, but you see the problem.

3 hours ago, Frustration said:

The Beyond isn't canon though.

It also isn't non-canon, but you see the problem.

Yeah, I know, thats why I set up the idea of it being a Realm beforehand, as it really isn't a given. As all we know about it is Souls go to it after death, but past that, yeah, nothing. And if Brandon keeps the same viewpoint, it will never be explained past it just being a "thing". 

It was mostly a consideration done to get back to the idea of Four and how the Dawnshards could be different ideas for every realm, which if incluing Beyond, would be 16 Aspects. But it is kinda a crackpot theory, pretty assumptuous. 

Edited by Zoey

18 hours ago, Zoey said:

As all we know about it is Souls go to it after death, but past that, yeah, nothing.

We don't even know this. Brandon will never provide any definitive proof of an afterlife, or of a soul so as to respect the beliefs of all his characters.

2 hours ago, Fezzik said:

We don't even know this. Brandon will never provide any definitive proof of an afterlife, or of a soul so as to respect the beliefs of all his characters.

I must have misworded myself.

We do have it confirmed that souls are pulled to it, just look at Mistborn Secret History, what happens when they are there we have no clue, but we know they are pulled to it. 

Is it the Afterlife? Is it Spiritual Destruction? Is it Reincarnation of some kind? That is what is left up to debate. That is what I meant by "but past that, yeah, nothing" as we do not know what it is, and will never know. I did say that. My mistake if my meaning wasn't clear. 

When Uncle Andy died his Cognitive Shadow went to, or created, or "is" the Beyond.

Now as each soul dies he is slowly becoming whole again changing the Beyond into another Cosmere.

The One knew everything but had experienced nothing. And so the One became Many in order to experience all things.

As each experience was different, each brought completeness to the One.

Eventually, all will again become One.

Every individual is a different mind of a single being experiencing different lives.

As Many, they need ignorance.

Each fragment of the One's mind has its own body with different passions and inclinations.

They each exist in variety to experience all kinds of thought.

Edit:

And then go back to Uncle Andy, to the Beyond.

---

Cosmic dualism.

mic drop. 

(Sorry for end game spoilers)

---

Edit.

Rinse and repeat. 

And... "Wheel of Time turns"

Edited by Thanatos

• 2 weeks later...

The Cosmere's laws are independent of the the existence of the Beyond so it's more likely Physical/Spiritual/Cognitive/Temporal, with Change being the Temporal Dawnshard

On 02/07/2021 at 1:32 AM, Frustration said:

Did you mean 2^4? There's one 2^4 theory on the RoW spoiler board