A few questions I have

Spoiler

1. What is this website? 

2. What's the purpose of this website? 

3. Where does the name of this website come from?

4. What are the posting rules? 

5. Where can I read the website rules? 

6.  How common are bans? 

7. How fair are bans?

8. How active are users?

9. Can I delete posts?

10. Where do I edit my profile?

11. And how do I remove this spoiler section?

Edited by Eternal Thrýlos

Hi Eternal Thrýlos and welcome to the shard!

1. This is a forum for the fans of the author Brandon Sanderson

2. To discuss various theories about the books of Brandon Sanderson 

3. Read the books of Brandon Sanderson to find out! 

4. Mostly: Please don't doublepost. Edit you previous post instead.

5. Code of Conduct

6. Have not yet noticed any aside from bans against spam bots

7. See above

8. Fairly active

9. I don't think so

10. Try inside your profile (icon in the upper right corner)

11. Mark the section, then delete it like you would any letter.

Now my question: What is your interest in a forum you cleary know very little about and couldn't be bothered to read even a little to get any of your questions answered?

29 minutes ago, Marukka said:

Now my question: What is your interest in a forum you cleary know very little about and couldn't be bothered to read even a little to get any of your questions answered?

I lost access to almost all my favorite forum sites and am looking for a new place to spend my time, I found this one and was very confused at what fandom it could be for, I tried looking for answers to these questions myself but I didn't know where to look. I was mostly planning on leaving the site but I needed a bit more information to help me make the decision and to feed my curiosity. I have been looking for something new to read though so while I probably won't stay on the site I might look into these books. And thanks for your help and friendliness. 

Also one more thing 

11. Mark the section, then delete it like you would any letter.

Like pushing backspace? I tried that and nothing happened. 

Edited by Eternal Thrýlos

Don't sweat it, an active forum is very hard to find these days. It's all facebook and reddit now, the good old forum are either pretty much dead or closed down. :unsure:

18 minutes ago, Eternal Thrýlos said:

I tried looking for answers to these questions myself but I didn't know where to look.

Well, I would have started by reading the forums header "17th Shard - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite" and would have googled the name. ;)

Anyway, feel free to come back anytime to share your enthusiasm about the books or your hatred if you dislike them! :)

21 hours ago, Eternal Thrýlos said:

Also one more thing 

Like pushing backspace? I tried that and nothing happened. 

Yes. Just click on the word "spoiler". The whole section will be marked, you can recognize this on the small square on the upper left corner of the field. (See the uploaded image if you're not sure). Then push backspace. 

Edit: sorry for doubleposting. Had trouble with the quote.

20210702_102325.jpg

Edited by Marukka

7 hours ago, Marukka said:

Yes. Just click on the word "spoiler". The whole section will be marked, you can recognize this on the small square on the upper left corner of the field. (See the uploaded image if you're not sure). Then push backspace. 

Edit: sorry for doubleposting. Had trouble with the quote.

20210702_102325.jpg

Sorry if I'm annoying but I did exactly that word for word and it's not working

On 7/1/2021 at 3:36 AM, Eternal Thrýlos said:

1. What is this website? 

2. What's the purpose of this website? 

3. Where does the name of this website come from?

6.  How common are bans? 

7. How fair are bans?

8. How active are users?

9. Can I delete posts?

11. And how do I remove this spoiler section?

I might suggest that you read the pinned threads in our 17th Shard Discussion forum (such as the CoC, which Marukka kindly linked) and our About page, here. About Us also explains where the name of the site came from. Aside from theories, we offer many other types of discussion and fun here, including games, creative works such as fanart and fanfiction, YouTube content (see the Shardcast tab at the top of the screen) and more. 

Bans are not common and only occur when someone has very seriously violated the Code of Conduct or where there has been a pattern of behaviors that have done so - in these latter cases the staff will first try to work with that member and take remediation steps so that they don't need to leave the community. 

Users range from "inactive since 2011" to "posts once a minute". We generally have pretty high activity levels, though of course it varies day by day. 

You can hide posts by using the Hide button in Options at the bottom of your post. 

You may need to click the spoiler box twice to select it; often the first click will go into the box so you can type inside it, and the second will focus on the box itself. Be sure to click on the gray labeled section and not the place where you type inside of it. 

On 7/1/2021 at 5:09 AM, Eternal Thrýlos said:

I lost access to almost all my favorite forum sites and am looking for a new place to spend my time, I found this one and was very confused at what fandom it could be for, I tried looking for answers to these questions myself but I didn't know where to look. I was mostly planning on leaving the site but I needed a bit more information to help me make the decision and to feed my curiosity. I have been looking for something new to read though so while I probably won't stay on the site I might look into these books. 

May I ask how you lost access to them? That sounds distressing. 

If you do read Brandon's books, I hope you enjoy them! You can check out his website for free samples and even a full book, Warbreaker. 

(I've hidden your accidental thread copy for you - in the future if you double post a thread you can use the Moderation Actions at the top to hide it.) 

On 7/5/2021 at 7:33 PM, AonEne said:

I might suggest that you read the pinned threads in our 17th Shard Discussion forum (such as the CoC, which Marukka kindly linked) and our About page, here. About Us also explains where the name of the site came from. Aside from theories, we offer many other types of discussion and fun here, including games, creative works such as fanart and fanfiction, YouTube content (see the Shardcast tab at the top of the screen) and more. 

Bans are not common and only occur when someone has very seriously violated the Code of Conduct or where there has been a pattern of behaviors that have done so - in these latter cases the staff will first try to work with that member and take remediation steps so that they don't need to leave the community. 

Users range from "inactive since 2011" to "posts once a minute". We generally have pretty high activity levels, though of course it varies day by day. 

You can hide posts by using the Hide button in Options at the bottom of your post. 

You may need to click the spoiler box twice to select it; often the first click will go into the box so you can type inside it, and the second will focus on the box itself. Be sure to click on the gray labeled section and not the place where you type inside of it. 

May I ask how you lost access to them? That sounds distressing. 

If you do read Brandon's books, I hope you enjoy them! You can check out his website for free samples and even a full book, Warbreaker. 

(I've hidden your accidental thread copy for you - in the future if you double post a thread you can use the Moderation Actions at the top to hide it.) 

Thanks You're really helpful 

In regards to the spoiler box, I can't actually "click" it exactly because I'm on my phone, but no matter how many times I tap it, it doesn't work, I'm wondering if it's because I'm on my phone 

In regards to losing access to forums, I actually got banned from one and the other went bankrupt they had to sell the domain (it was a persona 5 fansite, based on the actual fansite that was in the game" I actually have found another forum to spend my time in though and thanks for all help I think I finally decided I won't be on here anymore 

After I'm done figuring out why that spoiler won't go away I think be done with this site 

Nothing personal

56 minutes ago, Eternal Thrýlos said:

In regards to the spoiler box, I can't actually "click" it exactly because I'm on my phone, but no matter how many times I tap it, it doesn't work, I'm wondering if it's because I'm on my phone 

I'm on a tablet, same thing. To mark the box, touch the word "spoiler" once. You'll see the small square in the corner. If not, tap the word once again. Once should be enough, if it doen't work, try holding for a few seconds. If you manage to mark the section,  the delete button can be found on every keyboard above the backspace. See picture if you don't know where I mean.

Otherwise, have you tried what Not an Ookla suggested? Reloading and then clearing the answerbox should work just fine except that you'll lose everything you already typed. 

20210707_154707.jpg