Have we seen extra-Rosharan Ghostbloods?

Oltux72

The Ghostbloods are an interstellar organization. Hence they must have branches on different worlds. That leads to an obvious question. Who is a member? And are they operating under local names?

In the relevant time frames we have seen the worlds of Roshar, Scadrial and Nalthis. Now I must admit I have a pet theory

(Scadrial)

Spoiler

Ms. Savage's late father strikes me as the most likely candidate for membership. Who else would own a map Nazriloff and Khrissalla would be interested in?

Hmm... I don't believe we've seen anyone aside from Iyatil 

Nalthis, huh? There was that Terriswoman nurse of Lemex's, but I think that was likely Aslydin, Demoux's wife (no particular reason, just a feeling)

Edited by Honorless

25 minutes ago, DougTheRug said:

I think this thread could be better named to "Who have we seen that is a world-hopping Ghostblood?". Because, we have definitely seen worldhopping Ghostbloods per your first comment. 

Exactly. That is not an open question. Hence it is of lesser interest.

On 29.6.2021 at 4:39 PM, Honorless said:

Hmm... I don't believe we've seen anyone aside from Iyatil

Where did she join the Ghostbloods? It was my impressions that she personally does not come from Roshar, but did join on Roshar.

8 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Where did she join the Ghostbloods? It was my impressions that she personally does not come from Roshar, but did join on Roshar.

We've been told that while her heritage is South Scadrian, she's from Silverlight

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Iyatil from Scadrial?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Her heritage is from Scadrial, but she actually is from Silverlight. It's more recent than my heritage from Denmark.

Stuttgart signing (May 17, 2019)

Questioner

Obviously the world covers different planets, but most people on all the individual planets don't know about the other planets. Is there a planet within the cosmere where worldhopping is common knowledge?

Brandon Sanderson

Is there a planet in the cosmere where worldhopping is common knowledge. Um… it's not a planet.

Bystander

It's a space station? *laughter* That's no moon!

Brandon Sanderson

That's not as far off as people laughing think that it is. *laughter* It's not a space station, it's not that futuristic, but there is a place in the cosmere where a lot of worldhoppers have settled, is where Iyatil is from, even though her ethnicity is not from there.

Clarifying question… Is that place in the Physical Realm?

Brandon Sanderson

*laughs* RAFO!

Footnote: Brandon has since confirmed that the worldhopper colony, named Silverlight, is located in the Cognitive Realm.
JordanCon 2016 (April 23, 2016)

I don't think we can fully answer this question. To the best of my knowledge, there are three known Ghostbloods: Mraize, Iyatil and Thaidakar. We know Iyatil is and Thaidakar can't world hop. We don't really know about Mraize but it seems reasonable to assume he is because of his collection of stuff. 
Can anyone name any other Ghostbloods? 

1 hour ago, DougTheRug said:

Can anyone name any other Ghostbloods? 

Kabsal, the Davar family steward as well as other household staff, possibly Lin Davar himself, the Sleepless who mimicked a pen, Jin who looked Iriali, apparently a lot of former freelance spies as implied by Ishnah

Doesn't seem like it:

Questioner (paraphrased)

Have we seen Ghostbloods in action outside of the Rosharan system?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

You have seen proto-Ghostbloods, but not after the their actual initiation.

Stuttgart signing (May 17, 2019)

Since no non-Stormlight Cosmere books have been released since then, that should still hold up.

As for proto-Ghostbloods, besides the obvious ones, I like the idea that Allomancer Jak is set up to become one. After all, Thaidakar seems to guide him in some way, judging from his short story.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, Elegy said:

Doesn't seem like it:

Since no non-Stormlight Cosmere books have been released since then, that should still hold up.

As for proto-Ghostbloods, besides the obvious ones, I like the idea that Allomancer Jak is set up to become one. After all, Thaidakar seems to guide him in some way, judging from his short story.

Spoiler

My guess is those proto-Ghostbloods would be: Kelsier, Spook, Breeze, and Ham. I mean, they are the surviving proto-GBs (if we consider the MB crew the proto-Ghostbloods).

Kelsier is Thaidakar and we know he worked with Spook. It makes a lot of sense for those two to recruit the remaining two crew members- who once said they’d always be willing to join one of Kell’s crews.