Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

31 minutes ago, Tani said:

Can I have help getting a name?

Have you ever played any LoZ games? You could look at examples of names from characters in different Zelda names and just mash some together. Or you could just come up with whatever and use something, regardless of if it actually makes sense in the Zelda universe. :P

7 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Have you ever played any LoZ games? You could look at examples of names from characters in different Zelda names and just mash some together. Or you could just come up with whatever and use something, regardless of if it actually makes sense in the Zelda universe. :P

39 minutes ago, Tani said:

Can I have help getting a name?

Just happened to see this in your sig, but if you ever want to run a character with Reva, that might not be a bad idea. One of the roles/characters is Revali and a derivative or something closer to it that also happens to be a name you like isn't a bad way to do it.

Edited by Kasimir

Just now, Biplet said:

I'm now going to watch the trailer for the 20th time and cry

I relate to this. Maybe not the crying, but I’ve watched the trailer many times now. I have that one 3/4 (or 6/4 or however it’s split up) part in the music stuck in my head on loop now. It’s so cool.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The summoning circle tag worked :P 

I KNOOOOOOW. POG

34 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Wow I have to say I'm impressed with the number of people signing up. Nice to see all of y'all I haven't said hello to since I got back, Jondesu, Araris. 

It’s definitely really exciting as the GM as well. Especially considering it’s only been a little over a day. And that Bip’s told me that some of her friends from a LoZ discord server might be joining as well, which means even more players! Exciting!

54 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Wow I have to say I'm impressed with the number of people signing up. Nice to see all of y'all I haven't said hello to since I got back, Jondesu, Araris. 

Hey! Looking forward to playing with you Steel! I’ll make sure to kill you at the first possible opportunity :P.

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Hey, nice to see you around!

I decided to add a name at least in case I decide to RP. Randomly generated, my character’s name is Cimu.

Jamut Whitemane is signing up.  I have never played or even looked at playing a Zelda game so I have no idea about any of it so I'm going to try and RP as a character that has no idea what's going on.

Fair warning though, I'm still limited in terms of time so don't expect much from me.  One or two posts a day is likely about all you will get.
Edit: Just converted timezones and 3am?  Really?  That seals it, do not expect anything from me near rollover by at least 5 hours on either side. :P 

37 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Hey @Biplet and/or @StrikerEZ, what would happen if (with Zelda being dead) Link submitted a kill action on the last Yiga clan member during a night turn, and the last Yiga clan member submitted an NK on Link? Who would win?

Uhhhh....yes? :P

And @Alvron wow, I’m honored that you’ve decided to play our game! :D

Thematically, the Yiga would be wiped out either by the last one in the castle dying or by the remaining Hylians afterward… but then Calamity Ganon arrives and with neither Zelda nor Link around, Hyrule doesn’t really stand any form of a chance against him. (Probably even with just Zelda gone honestly, but that’s besides the point.)

So… is the Yiga’s goal to usher in the Calamity at any cost? If so, Elim win.

Is their goal to survive to thrive in the Calamity? If so, probably a draw.

On 6/16/2021 at 3:12 AM, Ashbringer said:

Thematically, the Yiga would be wiped out either by the last one in the castle dying or by the remaining Hylians afterward… but then Calamity Ganon arrives and with neither Zelda nor Link around, Hyrule doesn’t really stand any form of a chance against him. (Probably even with just Zelda gone honestly, but that’s besides the point.)

So… is the Yiga’s goal to usher in the Calamity at any cost? If so, Elim win.

Is their goal to survive to thrive in the Calamity? If so, probably a draw.

I'd say the Yiga's goal is to bring in the Calamity at any cost, so yeah, if no one survives, I think we'll call it an elim win.

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'd say the Yiga's goal is to bring in the Calamity at any cost, so yeah, if no one survives, I think we'll call it an elim win.

That also goes for if there are some villagers left- like it's down to 1 Yiga, Link, and 3 villagers, the Yiga kills Link and Link kills the Yiga, so there are just 3 villagers alive. All the elims are dead, and Zelda and Link are dead, who wins? Still the Yiga?

Pyria Young hid behind the bush, quietly watching the forest animals pass. It'd been about a year since she'd ended up here, confused and frightened. Her necklace didn't seem to energize her anymore, and her senses all felt duller, like she was sick with a cold. Fortunately, some nice people had taken her in, but the girl still was completely unsure of her location. There were strange monsters that snorted like pigs, and weird bone creatures that were basically reverse-kandra. She'd even heard about some bigger pig-snorters, but she'd never see one herself. 

There! Pyria's breath caught as she spotted the distinctive pattern of deerskin amidst the camouflaging tree trunks. She'd get it this time for sure!

(in)

EDIT: Actually read the flavor. Um... I'll think of some way to make this work with that. Somehow.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer