Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Bip and I will be putting your characters in as if you’re pretending to be these characters,

psshhhhhh

17 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I wonder why so many people do kandra RPs?

okay, new plan, changing my character to the Kandra DaNexx

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I mean, PMs are default closed for this game, and Eiwlil and TJ aren't playing rn, and I plan to brutally murder any Postman who puts me in a PM with Eiwlil or TJ, so we should be good :P I'll be about as useful as I was to you in the first two cycles of LG73!

Lmaoo watch me roll Postman and start a PM with you :P. C'mon we've got a 1273 message PM to beat! :P.

So, I know close to absolutely nothing about Zelda, so I'll choose the name of a football club with Zelda-y sounding name :P. Sign me up as Shakhtar. Character to be made up as we go along :P.

7 minutes ago, Dannex said:

okay, new plan, changing my character to the Kandra DaNexx

I'm actually laughing out loud at this. :P

5 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

So, I know close to absolutely nothing about Zelda, so I'll choose the name of a football club with Zelda-y sounding name :P. Sign me up as Shakhtar. Character to be made up as we go along :P.

I also am laughing a bunch at this. :P

37 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Fused (Dazrion)

Man it's been a while since I've been Daziron. Guess there hasn't been a Roshar game that I didn't run in a long time :P MR53, I guess is the next one.

The incessant pounding of hammers on wood, strangely, didn't drive Jaralph mad like it seemed to for so many others. Perhaps his ears had gotten used to the sound, blocked it out entirely, or maybe since it was by his own hands the noise was created he could stand it. He might even say it calmed him, on some days. The craftmanship certainly did.

Placing a nail on the edge of a board at just the right angle, Jaralph held it in place near the bottom and swung back his free arm, which held a hammer of suitable size for the task at hand. A few quick bang, bangs later, and the nail was fully in place, concealed under a lip of sanded wood. Admiring his art, Jaralph stepped back, rubbing his trimmed beard and humming a tune in beat with his usual hammer stroke.

The piece before him would soon be a chair, elegant and sturdy- not for King Rhoam, but for Jaralph himself. His current one, made by his father before him, was falling apart. Charming, but worth more in sentimental value than actual use. This new chair would be better than any before it, allowing a secure place for bottoms to rest for generations.

"Jaralph, sir!" A voice called from the doorway.

Jaralph turned, waving the messenger boy in. "Come in, lad. My chair is coming together!"

The messenger boy smiled weakly, and Jaralph could tell it was forced. A frown creeped onto his grizzled face. "I'd love to," the boy continued, "but I told the King I'd spread the message far across the castle, to every room."

"And what message is that?" Jaralph prompted, giving his full attention to the boy.

The lad gulped. "Well, sir, it's just that we're on lockdown now." He looked side to side nervously. "A Yiga was discovered infiltrating the castle. No one is to leave." The message delivered, the boy scampered off. Well, at least Jaralph knew why the lad had seemed so nervous.

A Yiga in the castle, and a lockdown. How about that. Well, Jaralph didn't mind. He hadn't been planning on leaving anyway, not when he was this close to finishing the chair. And maybe, this way, he could have a bit more excitement.

For some reference for those who haven't played Breath of the Wild:

Link:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Zelda:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Master Kohga:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Mipha:

Spoiler

See the source image

mipha2.jpg.c572a92111bb5c0332474bc4270ada1d.jpg

See the source image

mipha1.jpg.815966aca95f96f35df60ddd2ee49c8e.jpg

Daruk:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Revali:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

revali1.jpg.19897d232fcbe86f2a30559c84df28a8.jpg

Urbosa:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

King Rhoam:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

rhoam1.jpg.0da2dbcfc0cad5a7d26326da2030ff52.jpg

See the source image

Beedle:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

Yiga Clan in general:

Spoiler

See the source image

See the source image

Here's hoping these photos actually copied in correctly...

I'll sign up as Kele, an ex-Yiga who quit their job and clan after her band of footsoldiers and blademasters were cut down by Link as he stopped to help a weary 'traveler'. As the best archer of the group, Kele was chosen to be the one to fire on him while his back was turned, but right before her arrow could pierce his neck he drew a gleaming sword and sliced through the arrow without turning around. The 'traveler' drew a sword and attacked, only to be cut to mist and teleported back home in a single swing. The eight remaining foot soldiers and two blademasters leapt up from hiding and assailed him, only to be swiftly returned to the hideout the hard way. Kele took the opportunity to run away before he could come after them. If Master Kohga wanted this monster dead, he could do it himself. Or at least rely more heavily on archery; surely even someone with lightning reflexes and the ability to detect incoming projectiles could only block so many arrows at once.

Countless hours of disguise lessons and some delightful cooking recipes made abandoning a clan of admittedly vengeful killers a far more enticing prospect. Kele decided to make her new life as a Sheikah, who were apparently like Yiga except cowardly and weak. Or something, history and sociology had never been their strong suits. Anyway, cowardly and weak sounded like great ideas. Any enemy capable of fighting could be shot when they weren't looking, while a terrifying avatar of destruction with eyes in the back of his head could be left well enough alone. After crafting her best Sheikah disguise based on a picture they'd been shown once of people to kill just on general principle and imbibing the first dose of an elixir a Yiga alchemist promised would slowly cause permanent physical changes, Kele set off to find out what Sheikah did with their lives.

One thing Sheikah apparently did not do was carry duplex bows, as she found out upon offering to help a Hylian farmer hunt down a pack of wolves that had been harassing his livestock. He hesitated at her claim to have taken the bow from a Yiga clan member, technically not a lie, long enough for them to shoot him through the heart. Recovering the arrow, they snuck into the farmhouse resolving to find some more suitable armaments. Inside, she found a pitiful hunting bow which they supposed would at least be less conspicuous until a better weapon could be found, several acceptably useful knives, and also a woman who had been kind enough to go for said knives instead of rushing straight for her, which made her much easier to shoot. Kele looted as much money and supplies as they could comfortably carry, fed both bodies to the pigs, and opened the doors of the pigpen after a moment of hesitation to thank them for their help.

Continuing on from the farmhouse, she found a suitable noticeable tree to hide their bow in and kept walking toward what a sign promised would be the capital city. Surely someone there could give them a new purpose. Indeed, after a week of traveling towards Castle Town, living off the farmers' supplies and game she hunted, Kele passed a traveler who muttered something about how it was odd to see a guardian of the royal family walking out and about. They brightened. Royal guardian sounded like an excellent post. Surely, the royal family could protect her from the Yiga clan and from Link, and meanwhile she would get to live in a castle and kill people for arbitrary reasons, which they'd honestly enjoyed so long as the target was actually killable. They handed the traveler a few rupees in gratitude, which confused her, but she didn't make any hostile moves for which Kele would have been forced to kill her. She told the woman she'd been on assignment and was hoping to hear any recent news, at which point the woman's face cleared and informed them, for the price of five more rupees, that the champions of Hyrule were beginning to arrive at the castle to address some sort of threat. Kele smiled as if this had been merely confirmation of expected news and headed off towards the castle to apply for a job that had surely become much more important.

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

Its how he shows his love for me tbqh

Smh save that for Chingles

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

This sounds familiar...

Don't you dare. You came in in the AG like a wrecking ball >:(

4 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Lmaoo watch me roll Postman and start a PM with you :P. C'mon we've got a 1273 message PM to beat! :P.

Lmao no >:(

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Yiga Clan in general:

TBH just waiting for them to start dancing around and worshipping our Mighty Bananas! >:)

Edited by Kasimir

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

For some reference for those who haven't played Breath of the Wild:

Link:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Zelda:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Master Kohga:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Mipha:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

mipha2.jpg.c572a92111bb5c0332474bc4270ada1d.jpg

See the source image

mipha1.jpg.815966aca95f96f35df60ddd2ee49c8e.jpg

Daruk:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Revali:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

revali1.jpg.19897d232fcbe86f2a30559c84df28a8.jpg

Urbosa:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

King Rhoam:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

rhoam1.jpg.0da2dbcfc0cad5a7d26326da2030ff52.jpg

See the source image

Beedle:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

Yiga Clan in general:

Reveal hidden contents

See the source image

See the source image

Here's hoping these photos actually copied in correctly...

Hmmm, all these pictures give off Avatar: TLA vibes. Also, the Yiga Clan fellas look like Deadpool with a sickle and a scary mask. :P

Also also, I wanna be Beedle. Beedle looks like fun. And I get to yay or nay everyone's item requests. @StrikerEZ and @Biplet, gimme Beedle :P

3 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Also also, I wanna be Beedle. Beedle looks like fun. And I get to yay or nay everyone's item requests. @StrikerEZ and @Biplet, gimme Beedle :P

Shhhhh, you can’t just say that in thread, then everyone will know we were gonna give it to you. :P

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Oh yeah and im joining.

You got a character? :P