Fanfic Elebet 2.0

BethG

This is my second fanfic of a romance for Kaladin.  This one takes place immediately at the end of Rhythm of War.  Different story from my first one, but kept the character name because I like it.  About 22,000 words.

https://www.icloud.com/pages/0U7PCnNBV4xO22i06gLOnyoFg#Elebet_2

Edited by BethG
Misspelled word and added word count

• 4 months later...

Fic spoilers

Spoiler

I like the Mink kit as an entryway into her personality - she rescues those who would otherwise be forgotten. And the Ryshadium busting into the court was hilarious! What a wild ride! :lol:

"Don’t I wish.  But you can’t actually beat sense into people.” - I loved this line! It felt very in character for Kaladin, with his dry sense of humour. 

The moment where Kaladin finds Elebet in the stall was very sweet. 

I did enjoy how the success of the couple was all Wit's plan B)

I think you did a great job of structuring the story - each element contributed to the plot in some way, and there were funny and sweet and sad moments in good measure.

3 hours ago, cosmere_play said:

Fic spoilers

Hide contents

I like the Mink kit as an entryway into her personality - she rescues those who would otherwise be forgotten. And the Ryshadium busting into the court was hilarious! What a wild ride! :lol:

"Don’t I wish.  But you can’t actually beat sense into people.” - I loved this line! It felt very in character for Kaladin, with his dry sense of humour. 

The moment where Kaladin finds Elebet in the stall was very sweet. 

I did enjoy how the success of the couple was all Wit's plan B)

I think you did a great job of structuring the story - each element contributed to the plot in some way, and there were funny and sweet and sad moments in good measure.

Thank you so much!  You are so kind.  I do obsess too much over Kaladin.  I would love for you to let me know if you like the first one I wrote, which takes place immediately after Oathbringer.  It is called “Elebet Kholin” and is on this site.  Different character and story—just like the name— mine Sandersonized.

4 hours ago, cosmere_play said:

Ooh, I'll take a look! I'm trying to write a fanfic a week as a Nano project, so it'll be squeezed in when I have time and brain space over the next couple weeks. :)

(Note to self made so I don't forget ;) )

Oohhh, what kinds of fanfic do you write?  I would love to read yours, too.  I haven’t ever written anything before these 2 but like I said, I obsess about Kal.

1 hour ago, cosmere_play said:

I've only ever written Stormlight fics! I got into writing fanfic just this year. You can find my fics here: https://archiveofourown.org/users/cosmere_play/works

Oh and beware the tags! They range from fluff to very dark.

LOL!  You’re like me and obsessed with Stormlight, but your writing looks a little past my PG rated brain!