Are seons spren?

Elf

Like, in the last pages of RoW, they manage to open the box that Mraize had given Shallan to communicate with him, and there's a seon inside. Mraize had told Shallan that it was a new kind of spren, right? So, are there Knights Radiant on Sel? Sel is where seons are from, right? Or am I just getting this whole thing wrong? Is there something I am missing? Please help me.

Edited by Elf_at_heart

Spren is the Rosharan word for all Cognitive entities. Seons are the same type of phenomenon as Spren (both being splinters of a Shard that has gained sentience). Seons however originate on Sel. Mraize called the Seon a Spren because it is the only word Rosharans have for that type of phenomenon.  

5 hours ago, Dancer said:

Spren is the Rosharan word for all Cognitive entities. Seons are the same type of phenomenon as Spren (both being splinters of a Shard that has gained sentience). Seons however originate on Sel. Mraize called the Seon a Spren because it is the only word Rosharans have for that type of phenomenon.  

Oh, ok. That makes so much sense. Thanks a lot.