Crackpot Whimsy Theory/Thoughts

Brightblood

Hi everyone, I’m kinda new here but since none of my friends are into Cosmere and I need people to talk to about my crackpot theories so here we go,

Brandon has said (I think) that he has plans for a Silverlight novella/novel and the other thing that he said that stood out to me is that it’s really weird. I was thinking about the shards that we don’t really know anything but their name (Valor and Whimsy) and I came up with the idea that I think Whimsy is the shard of Silverlight.

I know it is not necessarily a planet but from what little we have heard I think it is a good connection. The other connection that I thought of are that Sazed says that Whimsy would not be useful in helping with Odium, and if I remember correctly Silverlight has a nonintervention policy. Coincidence???? I THINK NOT! 

what do y’all think?

Why would a city with perhaps the best University for studying the physics of the cosmere be the place of residence for a Shard who doesn't care about the fine details and just wants to do whatever it wants? Those feel distinctly opposed in theme to me.

I think it is a coincidence, because of course Silverlight doesn't want to invoke Odium's wrath, it's a city in the cognitive realm. We know what Odium can do to the cognitive realm to make it uninhabitable if he wants to.

It could be a coincidence, but I don’t know if I would say that Whimsy would necessarily act contrary to a scholar, I feel like a lot of scholars can be whimsical, and I feel like shards don’t always act in the way you would expect (or at least that is how I have felt).

8 hours ago, Brightblood said:

It could be a coincidence, but I don’t know if I would say that Whimsy would necessarily act contrary to a scholar, I feel like a lot of scholars can be whimsical, and I feel like shards don’t always act in the way you would expect (or at least that is how I have felt).

I’m not seeing the connection 
We know a few people who are non interventionist like Frost and Endowment (I think she is) 

And Whimsy seem more… whimsy than Non- interventional to me “Not terribly useful” seems to imply he would help if he could string together two coherent thoughts

Obligatory-Ambition's-corpse-is-located-at-Silverlight-statement. 

Good theory, but I don't think Whimsy fits for Silverlight, but might fit for the shardworld with kite magic - that seems whimsical to me. Of course, Whimsy might be affecting multiple locations, but it does seem that Whimsy would be a shard that wouldn't keep to consistent rules, and scholars focus on finding out how things work.

3 hours ago, Ixthos said:

Obligatory-Ambition's-corpse-is-located-at-Silverlight-statement. 

Seems kinda... Shady :P

3 hours ago, Ixthos said:

Good theory, but I don't think Whimsy fits for Silverlight, but might fit for the shardworld with kite magic - that seems whimsical to me. Of course, Whimsy might be affecting multiple locations, but it does seem that Whimsy would be a shard that wouldn't keep to consistent rules, and scholars focus on finding out how things work.

Yeah, it feels like Whimsy's magic system would be the most likely to be the biggest pain in the neck for a scholar to understand, not one that they would feel encouraged to research. :D

• 2 weeks later...