Metalminds and shardblade cut limbs

therunner

Question

Hello,

I was thinking about metallic arts and Shardblades and was wondering, if you have metalmind attached to a limb that has been cut by a Shardblade, can you access that metalmind? I would guess no, since the soul is severed and the limb is then no longer 'part of you' spiritually speaking, but I wanted other opinions.

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

18 hours ago, therunner said:

Hello,

I was thinking about metallic arts and Shardblades and was wondering, if you have metalmind attached to a limb that has been cut by a Shardblade, can you access that metalmind? I would guess no, since the soul is severed and the limb is then no longer 'part of you' spiritually speaking, but I wanted other opinions.

Thank you.

Yep the Limb would have no Spiritual Connection to you so it would not be considered touching when you try to tap it

Everything you said seems right

3 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Yep the Limb would have no Spiritual Connection to you so it would not be considered touching when you try to tap it

Everything you said seems right

Interesting, this then suggests that you can easily kill Gold Twin with one good stroke of Shardblade (unless they have some large metalmind attached to their head).

Well Miles (The Compounder we knew) was in a constant state of healing so the second the Shardblade hits, even before it cuts through the whole skin, it’s going to start the healing process. So that would only work if you caught them unaware:

1 hour ago, therunner said:

unless they have some large metalmind attached to their head).

*coughcough*Earings*coughcough*

32 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Well Miles (The Compounder we knew) was in a constant state of healing so the second the Shardblade hits, even before it cuts through the whole skin, it’s going to start the healing process. So that would only work if you caught them unaware:

True if they are tapping constantly that would complicate things. It would also depend on how much healing would be used up to heal the soul cut.

33 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

*coughcough*Earings*coughcough*

Could those have enough healing stored to regenerate entire body from nothing?  And do it fast enough that the attacker does not simply tear them off?

33 minutes ago, therunner said:

Could those have enough healing stored to regenerate entire body from nothing?  And do it fast enough that the attacker does not simply tear them off?

Wayne finds that Metalmind that doesn’t seem so big and it heals him pretty fast,I assume that even a small metalmind can hold a lot of it is stored, though your right that an attacker can just rip them off

And You can fit several Earings on your ear I think

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

Wayne finds that Metalmind that doesn’t seem so big and it heals him pretty fast,I assume that even a small metalmind can hold a lot of it is stored, though your right that an attacker can just rip them off

And You can fit several Earings on your ear I think

True, and after single cut you just need to heal the soul, not regenerate entire body I confused myself there.

So viable as a surprise tactics, but complicated by earrings/piercings and the fact that we don't know how much health is required to fix soul.