Agents of the Set

Tacitus

Yes, okay. Another RP. sorry, not sorry.

The idea is that each person in the RP would play an agent of the set (Pretty intuitive, right?). Each would be allowed a max limit of 4 powers, allomantic or feruchemical (natural powers/ three spikes). Obviously, you aren't compelled to have three spikes each, but that's the limit. at first, we plan and execute a raid, (Just as a sort of set up. [Ha. Get it? Set up?]) and after that, we can try and get into some more plottish stuff. It's like an icebreaker. Or at least the Set equivalent. 

But that's the idea, if anyone's interested.

Tangent stood, leaning on the walls of the small room the Set had provided for planning. He was the first to arrive, so he merely stood. and hurt. He could hear, distantly, a sort of rhythm. The rhythms of pain. They pulsed from his spikes, of which he had three, each granting a power. The first, the abilities of a leecher. The second, a nicroburst. And his third, giving him allomantic bendalloy. Among average men, he was far superior. Among the agents of the set, he was the average one. Tangent stood.

• 3 weeks later...

This looks cool. I'm surprised no one has responded to this over the month it's been up. I would love to join. Do we all get to have cool mathy names? (suit, sequence, tangent etc). If so my character will be named Apothem. He'll naturally have A-brass, and then hemalurgically have A-zinc. Maybe at some point in the future he will get himself some A-copper, but I think I'll save that for later.

Rust, I'm in the middle of an Era 1 reread so I'm going to have to get back in the Era 2 mindset (Mind-set) and remember that the nobility isn't made up of complete monsters.

Naplar walked into the planning room. Apothem, he reminded himself, Your name is now Apothem. He would have to get used to that, just like he would have to get used to the bronze spike between his ribs and having access to zinc allomancy. For his whole life he had only Soothed. He had gotten quite good at it. Of course he had never used it to influence government or business deals. That would have violated the Allomantic Agreement of '94, and Apothem's father had been very strict about maintaining lawfulness in his house. Well, Apothem's commitment to the law ended now. He was a member of the Set, facilitating the return of Trell, and a better life for all Scadrians. The law was too restricting for a goal as ambitious as that.

Tangent was the only one to arrive so far. "Hello Tangent," Apothem said, instinctively Soothing some of the man's fatigue, "Are most members of the Set usually this late to meetings?"

• 3 months later...

Is it okay if I revive this? I really like the idea for this RP and am sad that it never took off.

"Yes. Ironic," Apothem had no idea what was ironic. He was too new to this. The other members had years of experience. Years wasn't necessarily a lot. The Set wasn't an old organization, compared to some of the religions. But years of experience was much more than Apothem had.

"So, do you have any hints of what this meeting is for? I haven't heard a thing."