Blue lines and conjoiners

ScadrianTank

Just wanted to point out that Allomantic Steel and Iron function similarly to Conjoiners and Reversers.

Allomancer burns the metal -> Blue lines (Connections) appear -> Allomancer pushes or pulls on a line -> Force (generated by Preservations power) is transferred through the line, making the object move.

A Conjoiner (a reverser) is created -> A Connection between the two halves exists but is not visible by the naked eye -> The halves are conjoined, the Connection snaps in place -> Conjoined halves behave as a single object, effectively allowing to transfer force.

There is no real point to this, except that using Connection manipulation, a trapped spren, and some Stormlight Bondsmiths can practically do telekinesis. 

1 hour ago, Inquisitor #5 said:

I'd personally have made the connection between iron/steel and attractor/repeller.

If repellers (or repulsors?) affect every available substance in their range, as attractors do, they would be closer to Wax's bubble and steel working with primer cubes more than regular Allomancy.

53 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

But an allomantic link does not transfer force. It creates force.

The link is established even before any pushing/pulling is done, as the metalborn sees the lines connecting them to the metals. They can then push on those metals, presumably through the connection established by burning metal.

In this reading burning Steel or Iron has two effects, 1) creates a connection between Allomancer and metal 2) Allows to generate force which acts on that metal, through the line connecting it to the allomancer. At least that is how I understood OP.

2 hours ago, therunner said:

In this reading burning Steel or Iron has two effects, 1) creates a connection between Allomancer and metal 2) Allows to generate force which acts on that metal, through the line connecting it to the allomancer. At least that is how I understood OP.

That is indeed what I meant.

3 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

But an allomantic link does not transfer force. It creates force.

If that was all it did, iron and steel Allomancy would work like a bubble-shaped force field.