sophia97

What's your favorite movie soundtrack album

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My favorite has always been My Name Is Nobody. Ever since i was a kid, i really loved Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill movies. My name is nobody is a really nostalgic movie for me and especially the music in it by Ennio Morricone. Truly an amazing western movie with Henry Fonda and Terrence Hill in it.
So which soundtrack album is your favorite? why? format?

free ringtones, samsung ringtones

Edited by sophia97

I wouldn't say it is my favourite, but Lady Hawk's soundtrack is amazing:

It's a great film too.

I listen to soundtracks a lot at work, because I'm a (business) writer and I can't have anything with words playing or I'll start typing the lyrics instead of my topic, LOL.

So many good ones - most anything by John Williams, of course; "Pirates of the Caribbean" is another fave, as is "Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them."

But since the movie came out, my #1 favorite soundtrack has been "Avengers: Endgame." The use of leitmotifs (= musical themes) rivals any classical composer, including Wagner. Literally, if I'd known the themes, I would have known the whole story of the movie from the first couple of scenes, so I'm VERY glad I didn't know them! The first few months after I bought the CD, I could not play it in the car because I'd break down and start crying at certain points. The music just matches the story of the movie so well. ... ok, I'll stop gushing now ... and maybe go play the soundtrack.^_^

Inception. It got me into movie soundtracks, and I haven't found a single one I like more than that. Although I probably listen to The Raid: Redemption's soundtrack more, as I find it easier to use as background music for books at times. 

I really like the Daft Punk Tron soundtrack, the Interstellar soundtrack, and the American Beauty soundtrack.

Honestly one of my favorite movie soundtracks is from Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. Anything by Hans Zimmer is so good. I also really like the soundtrack from The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Those are the most memorable for me, but movie soundtracks in general are some of my favorite music to listen to. 

The Lord of the Rings, Rogue One, and Cinderella (2015) are all tied for my favorite.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, Moonsilver said:

the Daft Punk Tron soundtrack,

That may be my second-most listened to soundtrack, after The Raid: Redemption. 

I have a lot of movie soundtracks that I really love, but the movie soundtrack that's dominated my headspace for the past few months has been the soundtrack for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Train. I really love how the composers, Go Shiina and Yuki Kajiura, composed little themes specifically catered to each scene in the film, making use of leitmotifs to convey what's going on in each scene. The fact that there is literally no repetition of exact themes throughout the film is super unique, particularly as far as the world of anime is concerned. Listening to the soundtrack is literally like re-watching the movie, I can visualize exactly what's going on thanks to the memorable leitmotifs, and the way they combine to tell the story of the film in a musical way.

Posted (edited)

Your Name. The entire thing was composed by RADWIMPS, a Japanese rock band, and it. is. amazing. It's the only score I will listen to to just listen to--as much as I love, say, HTTYD or Star Wars' scores, I don't really ever sit down and listen to them, or put them on as background music.

Runner-up is probably We Bought a Zoo, composed by Jónsi of Sigur Rós.

ETA: Honorable mention goes to Garden of Words. What can I say, I'm a sucker for solo piano.

Edited by Slowswift

On 6/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, sophia97 said:

My favorite has always been My Name Is Nobody. Ever since i was a kid, i really loved Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill movies. My name is nobody is a really nostalgic movie for me and especially the music in it by Ennio Morricone. Truly an amazing western movie with Henry Fonda and Terrence Hill in it.
So which soundtrack album is your favorite? why? format?

man haven't heard those names in a while...I loved They call me Trinity when I was younger  :D

I don't know if I have a favorite movie sound track or not.  I have a real fondness for the Korngold (and others) motif style of crafting movie music.  Thus, I have a real fondness for the Star Wars scores, LOTR film scores, things of that sort.  There was a long period of time where I could listen to a Star Wars score in any order and set out the exact scenes according to what was playing, the motifs and scenes were tied so tightly in my head.  I love symphonic music in general, a byproduct of being trained classically in piano for many years growing up. 

If you want to get really technical, I suppose the 'score' to Les MIserables would be my favorite ever.  It is by far my favorite musical, I had the chance in high school to sing some large parts of it in choir, and it hits me emotionally whenever I hear it, regardless of who is performing, and regardless of whether it's on stage or on screen.  I used to fall asleep at night listening to Colm Wilkinson or Gary Morris singing the Jean Valjean parts.

Not a movie score, but something I listen to from time to time are the music scores in Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.  "Dreams of the Shore Near Another World" is one of the more hauntingly lovely pieces of instrumental music I've ever heard.