Does time flow differently around Sel

In a recent WoB, A questioner asked if Shards themselves experiance time dilation(due to having such vast ammounts of Investiture) Brandon said that the Shards dont experiance time dilation because they are almost entirely in the Spiritual Realm(where time isnt relevant) 

He did state that large piles of Investiture that make it into the physical or cognitive realm are going to cause time dilation(which we already knew)

he also ended the WoB by saying "That's gonna make some exclamation points raise above the heads of some people"

This made me start thinking about places in the Cosmere with massive ammounts of free flowing investiture around. I Immidietely thought of Sel. A good portion of D+D is stuffed into the cognitive realm. So much so that the CR there is a massive "plasma" storm of Investiture.

This should be causing time dilation around all of Sel. And if so, shouldnt all of Sel be moving through time faster than the rest of the cosmere?(or whatever the proper phrasing is)

what are the implications of this?

That could be an interesting way of allowing for some characters introduced in works set on Sel to show up in the chronologically later books, depending on how much dilation they experience. I mean, Elantrians themselves are functionally immortal so any of them could (in theory) hang around until the very end of the Cosmere's story but if the effect is big enough it might be possible for some mortal characters to show up as well even though their stories might take place hundreds and hundreds of years before the 'present' that is SA and MB2, or works beyond those. I'm thinking Shai first and foremost.

Edited by Weltall

There is the question of whether it might affect the Physical as well. The planet Sel itself is apparently becoming conscious according to Khriss in the Arcanum Unbounded, due two Shards worth of Investiture floating around.

And if the time dilation does not affect the Physical, what does it mean for the minds of things on Sel? For the Cognitive aspects of its people? What happens when they die? Do they linger on for a long time due to the heavily Invested Cognitive Realm, with the time dilation possibly fitting in the equation? Assuming they don't get instantly vaporized by the Investiture plasma storm. If there are indeed Cognitive Shadows on Sel, this might possibly be how the legend of Svrakiss came around.

@Eternal Khol, you double posted this topic. Hide the other one, since others have already responded here, I've copied my response over here as well.

Also worth asking which direction the Time Shift will be for Investiture-based Perpendicularity compared to the known/RL effects of speed or Gravity-based time dilation. We cant assume it will Slide instead of Pulse (or vice versa, I can never keep them straight).

Outside of extremes like Sel I think we can discount significant Time Dilation bleeding into the Physical Realm on the logic that such an effect should be noticeable as you approach a Shardpool style perpendicularity. I would entire buy the effect being magnified by actually making the transition though, so it's a Worldhopper concern but not a local resident one.  But if Time near Perpendicularities made a significant difference, distinctly odd aging would have been noticed on the Horneater peaks, near the Pits and the Well, etc.

With Sel all bets are off since the effect is planet-wide (I assume)....Sel is very Regional in magically significant ways, is there one place that is more or less difficult to access?  Is the Shardpool the "Eye of the Storm", a calm spot in the plasma storm?

23 hours ago, Quantus said:

Is the Shardpool the "Eye of the Storm", a calm spot in the plasma storm?

This WoB seems to suggest it's not, as Brandon says that a Hoed who entered the Perpendicularity would find themselves in a dangerous environment without any preparation and under normal circumstances things would probably not end well.

Stormlight Archive spoiler

Spoiler

We know from Oathbringer that Riion somehow survived the experience. Since we're told he became a member of the Ire after the events of Elantris, it's possible they had a hand in it but that's just a guess.

Edited by Weltall

3 hours ago, Honorless said:

There is the question of whether it might affect the Physical as well. The planet Sel itself is apparently becoming conscious according to Khriss in the Arcanum Unbounded, due two Shards worth of Investiture floating around.

And if the time dilation does not affect the Physical, what does it mean for the minds of things on Sel? For the Cognitive aspects of its people? What happens when they die? Do they linger on for a long time due to the heavily Invested Cognitive Realm, with the time dilation possibly fitting in the equation? Assuming they don't get instantly vaporized by the Investiture plasma storm. If there are indeed Cognitive Shadows on Sel, this might possibly be how the legend of Svrakiss came around.

@Eternal Khol, you double posted this topic. Hide the other one, since others have already responded here, I've copied my response over here as well.

Thanks for the heads up