155 posts in this topic

She didn't take the boxes, unsure as she looked up at him. "Are you sure? I can pay for it. I really don't believe that people give something to me for free."

"If you want then you can. However much you think seems fair." Fadran leaned in, then whispered, "don't tell the other customers, alright? Most just come in here and ask for chocolate-covered raisins or something. Never any special orders. People like you? We don't get them often."

I personally prefer twizzlers... Though redvines are good, especially the smooth ones that came in the pack that had red licorice, black licorice, and those smooth ones.

Aria smiled warmly, though the tiniest hint of sadness showed through. "It's because I miss him." She dug into her pockets, pulling out a few magenta colored slips of paper with a stranger's face on them. "I hope you accept Kajtaniakian currency. It's what they would've cost back home."

"CANDY!!!" cried a little girl running into the shop.

Posted (edited)

"I can absolutely accept that," Fadran took the bills and tucked them into a drawer. "Enjoy the chocolates."

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"CANDY!!!" cried a little girl running into the shop.

Looking up, Fadran blinked. "Hello?"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I can absolutely accept that," Fadran took the bills and tucked them into a drawer. "Enjoy the chocolates."

Looking up, Fadran blinked. "Hello?"

"I heard there was candy!"

"That's what we do here, yeah."

"That's what we do here, yeah."

Her eyes gleamed with excitement. "Can I... have candy?"

"Absolutely. Do you want our special?"

"Absolutely. Do you want our special?"

"Oooooooh..." The girl nodded shyly.

"Okay." Fadran pulled open a drawer and brought out a few small tins, each shaped differently. "Let's build you a candy. What're you hungry for right now?"

"Umm..." the girl put a finger to her lip. "Cotton candy."

"Just that? We just have boring old cotton candy sitting around if you want some. The special, you see," Fadran gave her a mischevious grin, "lets you create your dream candy."

An unusually tall man walks into the shop, looking confused and somewhat glassy eyed. 
“Erm…Hello?”

1 minute ago, Dannex said:

An unusually tall man walks into the shop, looking confused and somewhat glassy eyed. 
“Erm…Hello?”

"Hello!" Queen greeted the customer with a smile. "What can I do for you today?"

Just now, DancingQueen said:

"Hello!" Queen greeted the customer with a smile. "What can I do for you today?"

“Hi! Uh, I’ll take one of those.” The man points at a green peppermint. “That looks pretty good.” He pauses for a second. “Also, quick question, who am I?”

Just now, Dannex said:

“Hi! Uh, I’ll take one of those.” The man points at a green peppermint. “That looks pretty good.” He pauses for a second. “Also, quick question, who am I?”

Queen had begun reaching for the candy, then stopped at his question. "I have no idea. I only just met you, and I didn't really meet you." She handed him the candy. "Sorry."

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, DancingQueen said:

Queen had begun reaching for the candy, then stopped at his question. "I have no idea. I only just met you, and I didn't really meet you." She handed him the candy. "Sorry."

The man took the candy with a sigh. “Bother.” He turned to leave the shop. “Well, thanks for the candy.” As he exits the shop, he tries some of the peppermints. “Mmm, blueberry,” He mutters as he opens the door and walks back out onto Maybe Street. 

Edited by Dannex

“I should go trip him. He didn’t have a very nice attitude.” mused Rowan

This is my issue with role plays. I posted last night, and now I get on the Shard and there is a bunch of posts to read. Grrr.

10 hours ago, DancingQueen said:

Queen stepped up beside Fadran, her more adventurous attire replaced with a blue dress and a green apron with plenty of pockets. 

Queen smiled and grabbed them off the shelf behind her, then stepped outside and pinned a "Now Hiring" sign beside the door

Judi walks in, a hawk (her roc) on her shoulder. "You're hiring? What would your employees be expected to do, and how much candy can I eat?"

10 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

The door opened, a jingle from bells following not that far after. A young woman looked up, brushing her cream sweater and dark brown hair out of the way as she pushed round rose gold rimmed glasses up her nose.  She surveyed the room, looking for something with no avail. Looking crest-fallen, she rubbed her hands together, then waved.

"Excuse me?" she asked, an awkward smile appearing on her lips. "Has there, by any chance, been a girl here? A bit older than me, dark blue hair that goes past the jawline a bit?"

That is me now. Bit older than Aria, dark blue hair that goes past the jawline a bit.

I have stolen your description. I'll give it back if you needed it.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Judi walks in, a hawk (her roc) on her shoulder. "You're hiring? What would your employees be expected to do, and how much candy can I eat?"

YOU DO NOT STEAL YULONG.

"Well," Fadran replied, "employees are expected to have experience in the candy department. But I don't know if we're hiring..." He shot a questioning glance at Queen.

Rowan walked up and pushed past Judi. “You don’t ask for a job opportunity, you seize a job opportunity! I will work for you, as long as I make my own schedule and get a complementary Reese’s everyday. Sounds good? Great! My friend Judi would also like a job. I’m glad you are so accommodating!”

1 minute ago, Chinkoln said:

Rowan walked up and pushed past Judi. “You don’t ask for a job opportunity, you seize a job opportunity! I will work for you, as long as I make my own schedule and get a complementary Reese’s everyday. Sounds good? Great! My friend Judi would also like a job. I’m glad you are so accommodating!”

Rowan... doesn't actually know Judi's name.

1 minute ago, Tani said:

*snip*

Too bad