Ideas about possible Shards

Zoey

This is for fun, not any serious theoretical page. This is a discussion about what types of Shards could exist from Combinations, much like how Ruin + Preservation, when stabilized, is Harmony. 

Ruin + Preservation (Unbalanced) is pretty universally agreed on to be Discord. 

Honor + Odium Seems like it could be something akin to War. Hatred and Battle, but with a mix of Honor in terms of Codes, Conventions, and Treaties. 

Ruin + Cultivation  would make for an interesting mix, would be like the essence of Change itself, both Growth and Decay, maybe Vicissitude or Transition, though I am leaning towards the former

Dominion + Honor would be some form of more righteous leadership with the Shard caring about Oaths and Honor being applied to its self in how it treats its own peopleor could manifest to make an even more strict Dominion forcing oaths and pacts upon its people and holding them strictly to it. Cannot think of names for this. 

Dominion + Cultivation I can definitely see as like, a Shepard in the biblical sense, guiding the people but ultimately wishing to help them grow and develop into more complete individuals. Perhaps Guidance or such would be a fitting name. 

Devotion + Honor could be like an even stronger form of Honor, of adherence to and devotion to Oaths, Fealty I feel would be pretty fitting as a name. 

Devotion + Autonomy would just be a contradiction, don't know how that would work in any way. 

Ambition + Dominion would, guessing on the Intent of Ambition, be something like Conquest

Devotion + Dominion Halyo Alex theorizes it is Patriotism

Please give your ideas in replies. 

Edited by Zoey

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

Dominion + Honor would be some form of more righteous leadership with the Shard caring about Oaths and Honor being applied to its self in how it treats its own peopleor could manifest to make an even more strict Dominion forcing oaths and pacts upon its people and holding them strictly to it. Cannot think of names for this. 

Crusade, maybe.

7 hours ago, Invocation said:

Crusade, maybe.

"They did many crusades, some of which almost didn't fail." :P

I can't not think of that bit every time I read Crusade.

Devotion + Dominion (properly) could be interesting to guess at, maybe something like... Oh, what's the dang word. Not nationality, but the word that usually applies to how Americans are proud to be americans. There's a single word that's defined as something like that but it escapes my mind at the moment.

2 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

"They did many crusades, some of which almost didn't fail." :P

I can't not think of that bit every time I read Crusade.

Devotion + Dominion (properly) could be interesting to guess at, maybe something like... Oh, what's the dang word. Not nationality, but the word that usually applies to how Americans are proud to be americans. There's a single word that's defined as something like that but it escapes my mind at the moment.

Patriotism is the term for national pride