Am I missing something?

11thMetal

(This is my first post here sorry if I make some mistake, and sorry again for my english I'm argentinian xd)

This is the thing: I've read everything up to OB but I constantly read and hear people discussing things that may sound familiar to me but I don't really rememeber Brandon going that much into them in the books at least. Things about the shards, the realms, some letters, things about Hoid, etc... What am I missing that I don't have all this info? I've read OB, the six Mistborn books, Elantris, Warbreaker and Arcanum. And every post I read has no spoilers from RoW nor DS which I haven't read yet. At the beginning I thought there was stuff that I didn't remember but it's a lot and seems to be interesting Cosmere things.

Edited by 11thMetal

2 minutes ago, 11thMetal said:

(This is my first post here sorry if I make some mistake, and sorry again for my english I'm argentinian xd)

This is the thing: I've read everything up to OB but I constantly read and hear people discussing things that may sound familiar to me but I don't really rememeber Brandon going that much into them in the books at least. Things about the shards, the realms, some letters, things about Hoid, etc... What am I missing that I don't have all this info? I've read the six Mistborn books, Elantris, Warbreaker and Arcanum. And every post I read has no spoilers from RoW nor DS which I haven't read yet. At the beginning I thought there was stuff that I didn't remember but it's a lot and seems to be interesting Cosmere things.

Yeah Brandon tells us lots of things at signings and other things

And a lot of other things are very subtle that you might even miss on a reread

These WoBs (Word of Brandons) are compiled at Arcanum (https://wob.coppermind.net/)

There also the Coppermind (https://coppermind.net/) which has information on practically every character in the Cosmere!

While you don’t need these to enjoy the books by themselves they do add something to the Cosmere as a whole

Welcome to the Shard!!!

42 minutes ago, 11thMetal said:

I've read OB, the six Mistborn books, Elantris, Warbreaker and Arcanum.

Sounds like the only major thing you’re missing is Mistborn: Secret History, which has quite a bit of Cosmere lore stuff in it. 

Other than that, the things you see being discussed around here come from WoBs (Words of Brandon), things Brandon Sanderson has said on the Internet, at signings, on tour etc. These are considered secondary canon (not as canonical as what makes it into the published books). 

There’s also a lot of wild speculation and fan theories based on obscure hints people find on their umpteenth reread, as you have probably gathered :)

9 minutes ago, RedBlue said:

Sounds like the only major thing you’re missing is Mistborn: Secret History, which has quite a bit of Cosmere lore stuff in it. 

Other than that, the things you see being discussed around here come from WoBs (Words of Brandon), things Brandon Sanderson has said on the Internet, at signings, on tour etc. These are considered secondary canon (not as canonical as what makes it into the published books). 

There’s also a lot of wild speculation and fan theories based on obscure hints people find on their umpteenth reread, as you have probably gathered :)

Oh, actually Secret History is included in Arcanum Unbounded in the Spanish edition. Thanks for your answer I will dive into that!

58 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Yeah Brandon tells us lots of things at signings and other things

And a lot of other things are very subtle that you might even miss on a reread

These WoBs (Word of Brandons) are compiled at Arcanum (https://wob.coppermind.net/)

There also the Coppermind (https://coppermind.net/) which has information on practically every character in the Cosmere!

While you don’t need these to enjoy the books by themselves they do add something to the Cosmere as a whole

Welcome to the Shard!!!

Thanks, I will definitely dive into WoBs. I'm not touching the Coppermind again until I finish RoW since I got spoiled because of a misuse of the TimeMachine option xd

Edited by 11thMetal