Unsourced worldhoppers

Oltux72

I don't think it's worth overthinking the Feruchemist thing as indicating another Shards intervention.

There was clearly travel off Scadrial even before Rashek and the Final Empire. As an example there's the connection between Worldbringers, and Worldsingers, so there was some cross-pollination between Scadrial and Roshar around 2000 years ago or more which means it has happened. Given the singers element in Worldsingers I suspect they were interacting with Singers in the first instance (and Singers can't go offsystem due to spren) so there's been Feruchemists coming to Roshar for a very long time - potentially even before Odium.

It seems time is also a super rubbery concept for world hoppers. Khriss and Baon would have been born thousands of years ago before the current Roshar/Scadrial books. Demoux and Felt are seemingly pretty normal humans still alive hundreds of years later. So there's no reason that the Worldbringers who went offworld before the Final Empire wouldn't be the exact same people we're seeing now. No Shardic intervention required.

The real question mark for me is the Aimians. I'm guessing they're both species from a not identified Shardworld. 

3 hours ago, Proletariat said:

It seems time is also a super rubbery concept for world hoppers. Khriss and Baon would have been born thousands of years ago before the current Roshar/Scadrial books. Demoux and Felt are seemingly pretty normal humans still alive hundreds of years later. So there's no reason that the Worldbringers who went offworld before the Final Empire wouldn't be the exact same people we're seeing now. No Shardic intervention required.

Khriss and Nahz are probably immortal, Demoux and Felt probably not

On 6/21/2021 at 5:31 AM, Bejardin1250 said:

Would an Awakener be able to fight that and come off unscarred? I don’t think so…

he managed to catch a Radiant that could hold her own against a Herald, so I don't think he needs to be worried by a feruchemist.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

he managed to catch a Radiant that could hold her own against a Herald, so I don't think he needs to be worried by a feruchemist.

Radiant was holding back very significantly. And Feruchemist with full metalminds is more dangerous than even Mistborn.

On 26.6.2021 at 1:40 PM, Proletariat said:

Two immortal worldhoppers at the same time on opposite sides of a conflict? How many of them are they and who hired them? If they were the only ones. Unless both sides had pretty good Futuresight or access to Fortune, that is unlikely.

If that is not your assumption, you need a breeding population.

On 28/06/2021 at 6:39 AM, Lunu’anaki said:

Why not Demoux and Felt? I feel like the 17th might allow them to buy breaths or something...

Because Brandon said most worldhoper were not immortal

On 7/4/2021 at 7:35 AM, mathiau said:

Because Brandon said most worldhoper were not immortal

And we know that demoux became a worldhopper likely through some association with his Terris wife, who he met back when there still was relatively high (compared to MB era2) likelihood of having full feruchemists running around