"Oi, lissun ohp lads! Weevad enuf! We been traeted loik absolute shyte and we been doin' nuthin aboudit. Strikes? Writin' crap on newspaepers? That's nuthin! We... we are doin somethin' big!"

"Sonnuy! Had too much to drink lad? Geddown from up there! Always start barkin up stuff when yuv gotta little somethin in ya. Don't be going around spoutin' stuff you don't want probin' ears to eer."

Before Sonny could protest, we was forced down and odd the roundtable he was yelling from the top of, at the Bent Boxing. Sure he was drunk, but he meant every word he said. 

Have it your way then, but on the 'morrow? A factory goes up in flames. Buh for now.... I'll just...rest....my...eyes...

*snore*

Since the game is also partially inspired by Peaky Blinders, I'll be playing as a character from the '20s Birmingham, accent and all :P.
Signing up as Sonny, an overenthusiastic brash young worker seeking revolution by revenge and a penchant for... large showy statements of intent. :P

14 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

The burntling shall watch the events unfold and sanities unravell from a safe distance.

-- 

Things be too busy to play unfortunately. I must be responsible. I know, ew.

14 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Responsibility over chaos, I'm proud of you :P We can do this adulting thing!

But... but... Chaos!

Chaos is better for you.:)

You know... change of plan upon actually reading the rules instead of the meme.

Playing as Derrick, a happy-go-lucky steel guider who's finally found a chance for his voice to lead to some change. Or, well, voices. Sometimes there's more than one. (Derrick is Faleast and AraRaash mixing personalities, to... mixed results.)

And @Kasimir... would you say the Workers have communist leanings? Perhaps not a revolution, but lean that way?

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

You know... change of plan upon actually reading the rules instead of the meme.

Playing as Derrick, a happy-go-lucky steel guider who's finally found a chance for his voice to lead to some change. Or, well, voices. Sometimes there's more than one. (Derrick is Faleast and AraRaash mixing personalities, to... mixed results.)

And @Kasimir... would you say the Workers have communist leanings? Perhaps not a revolution, but lean that way?

Essentially yes. If you're familiar with the Industrial Revolution and aggressive unionisation, this is essentially what is going on here, though my knowledge of this era is strongly UK-centric, due to how that module was taught :P 

19 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Essentially yes. If you're familiar with the Industrial Revolution and aggressive unionisation, this is essentially what is going on here, though my knowledge of this era is strongly UK-centric, due to how that module was taught :P 

Cool. Just checking... because, well...

(@StrikerEZ)

commm1.thumb.jpg.95fd698121b176f4717456ded7045cde.jpg

commm2.thumb.jpg.2698a5b4dc821d9471aff88a6ac82179.jpg

commm3.thumb.jpg.83d4bed4d00f39524908f43c97ed0f37.jpg

5e3sjb.jpg

Edited by Ashbringer
Images Big

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Cool. Just checking... because, well...

(@StrikerEZ)

commm1.thumb.jpg.95fd698121b176f4717456ded7045cde.jpg

commm2.thumb.jpg.2698a5b4dc821d9471aff88a6ac82179.jpg

commm3.thumb.jpg.83d4bed4d00f39524908f43c97ed0f37.jpg

5e3sjb.jpg

Ah, sorry, no :P 

You're before the era of Communism, or anything like this. You're looking at unionisation, maybe Marxism-lite for some of the workers who might be more theory-inclined, but this is really about taking back power to demand nice things like worker's compensation, weekends, humane shifts, better pay, maybe some workplace safety requirements, though the last might be stretching it :P 

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Ah, sorry, no :P 

You're before the era of Communism, or anything like this. You're looking at unionisation, maybe Marxism-lite for some of the workers who might be more theory-inclined, but this is really about taking back power to demand nice things like worker's compensation, weekends, humane shifts, better pay, maybe some workplace safety requirements, though the last might be stretching it :P 

Yeah, I got the sense this wasn’t to the scale of Elendel Basin. And unioning makes more sense than a full on revolt…

But you still said “Workers of Elendel Unite!” so I’m rolling with it :P And actually… no, that will wait, that will wait.

Seeing Kas post reminded me to sign up for this. I'm tempted to join as Olaf the Showman who like warm bugs, but to avoid having to RP with a Josh Gad voice, I'll instead enlist as a general labourer known as Chalkboard, so called because ever since they were involved in an accident at work, their voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. 

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Seeing Kas post reminded me to sign up for this. I'm tempted to join as Olaf the Showman who like warm bugs, but to avoid having to RP with a Josh Gad voice, I'll instead enlist as a general labourer known as Chalkboard, so called because ever since they were involved in an accident at work, their voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. 

Doubly grateful that we won't have to keep our respective Olafs straight, though the venerable Count Ffnord is a bit different than a travelling showman :P 

Hi all! Glad to have you on board for a little revolution.

• Please be reminded for anyone who's still on the fence that signups close in a little under ten hours, and the game itself begins it a little under eleven hours.
  • Please be reminded that my policy for this game will be proactive rule clarification as I understand the Avalon-style ruleset can be a bit foreign/intimidating for players.
  • Please be reminded to have fun! :P

-Kas out

Cycle One: 8th Doxil, 237

Spoiler

60d5feb043735_MR51-C1.thumb.png.5f76c7f4074a82440b08ddebf050a2f6.png

88fkjaQBm6vhdBGHGOz5anSnGcv2AYYJuZd5qKXOaJyZGbUhW_NwYYUod9GUYrNDUEIWc9_klIXbPnEDAATBdVSQ0J6VV91HKsdopYr6qwBvAlsJ3C4LguxdFavHPo7p97Hce87a

The cycle has begun and will end at 2300hrs SGT (GMT+8) on the 27th June!

Please let me know if you have not received a role PM.

Edited by Kasimir

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler

1. Can Elected players still participate in the General Meeting cycle?

Yes - all Elected players may post to the thread and confer with their respective teammates, but only Elims may vote in that cycle. Otherwise, Elected players are requested to practice information hygiene with regard to OOG PMs and the Elim doc. Elected doc mindgames are encouraged.

2. What happens in the event of a tie?

RNGesus will decide.

3. What happens if the Tineye claims in thread?

It's their funeral :P I'm a GM, not a babysitter. I will be adopting a hands-off attitude towards most claims because I don't want players to infer from GM action or lack thereof that a claim is true or false. With that in mind, I will intervene and call the game if it is clear one team has won; however, please be warned that my threshold for doing so will be very high due to the potential for shenanigans.

4. Can players self-vote?

Nice try Wyrmimir, no. :ph34r:

5. Is alignment revealed after Election?

Alignment will be revealed but not role.

6. Will Extorted people be told they're Extorted?

No. Check the write-ups. If the lead candidate isn't Worker Leader, they've been Extorted.

7. Can I vote the same person for WL and IC?

Yes, but in the event of a conflict, the IC vote will take precedence and the role of Worker Leader will pass to the candidate with the second-highest number of votes.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Matrim's Dice as Philico
2. @Tani as Sobek
3. @Araris Valerian as some grouchy old guy
4. @Szeth_Pancakes
5. @Dannex as the kandra DaaNex
6. @Lotus
7. @Steeldancer as Steel
8. @The Unknown Order as Watcher, feeling the sweetness of freedom for another century
9. @Fifth Scholar as Darrel, old man who's seen one too many scrapes and retirement beckons
10. @Ashbringer as  Derrick, a happy-go-lucky steel guider who's finally found a chance for his voice to lead to some change
11. @StrikerEZ as Variel, a man with a nervous habit of wiping as much dirt off his clothes as possible
12. @Alvron as Klaas Vaak, an elderly gentleman with a bag of fine sand
13. @|TJ| as Sonny, an overenthusiastic brash and showy young worker seeking revolution by revenge
14. @Elandera
15. @Liranil
16. @Archer as Chalkboard, a general laborer with a voice like nails on a chalkboard
17. @Illwei
18. @Biplet as Nolle, local overly friendly worker who gets a little too talkative after a few drinks at the Bent Boxing

Edited by Kasimir

Alright, this should be interesting :P 

I didn't think about a rules analysis post because I quite honestly forgot signups ended today, so there's that :P. Looking at them again there's not much anyway since the distro is like handed to you right there. The elim team with 18 players probably is 4-5, leaning 5 because of the no kill but I have no clue how you would balance this game.

Will be fun to see how the two kinds of voting play out since both of them should go towards people we trust.

Hey Illwei, how about you don't vote an elim C1 this time, okay? :P 

I gtg for a little bit, but managed to hop in now. I probably shouldn't have signed up anyway since I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be limited to mobile for literally the entire game but hey I can do it and I couldn't pass up a Kas game :P 

Okay, good to be back in a game again.

First off, we probably have at least 5 elims this game. They specifically need to get like...4 people on to the thingy, and the more people they have on the thingy, the less voting power they have. So they should probably have at least one extra, so that when it's like at 3-3 in terms of who's already been voted onto the thingy, it's not just one elim trying to get people to vote for them. They'd have a buddy to help them out at that point, if there's 5.

Also, to the Tineye: please be very secretive about the fact that you know all the elims. Don't do what I did and forget that the elims want you did and can kill you at any moment and therefore win the game. :P 

And to the Watchman: good luck? The Informant will probably be trying very hard to make you think that they're actually the Tineye. This aspect of the Watchman/Tineye relationship wasn't around last time a version of this game was run, so I'm honestly not sure what the best way to go about trying to figure out who the Tineye is.

Anyway, @Kasimir can we vote on ourselves for the Worker Leader thingy? :P If so, I nominate StrikerEZ as the Worker Leader. ;)