Ait. We need five, there's four on Bip and one on me, and Steel won't switch to Bip.

Best tho would be to get six or more.

Reads list:

Spoiler

Mat - Middle-strong elim

Araris - Null vil

Danex - Mild-middle vil

Lotus - Mild-middle elim

Steel - Middle vil

TUO - Null

Fifth - Middle-strong vil

Ash - Null

Alvron - Middle elim

Liranil - Middle elim

Mist - Mild vil

Bip - Null

My guess on elim team (italics conf elim): [Striker, Elan, Alv, Liranil, Lotus, Mat]

21 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Actually if you look at my analysis I think Biplet is evil too. 

In this situation I only trust myself. And Tani. And unknown order. That's it. 

Lol I didn't look at your analysis. But at least we agree on that!

6 minutes ago, Tani said:

Ait. We need five, there's four on Bip and one on me, and Steel won't switch to Bip.

Best tho would be to get six or more.

Reads list:

Hide contents

Mat - Middle-strong elim

Araris - Null vil

Danex - Mild-middle vil

Lotus - Mild-middle elim

Steel - Middle vil

TUO - Null

Fifth - Middle-strong vil

Ash - Null

Alvron - Middle elim

Liranil - Middle elim

Mist - Mild vil

Bip - Null

My guess on elim team (italics conf elim): [Striker, Elan, Alv, Liranil, Lotus, Mat]

Have we been playing the same game? Either you're a very mislead villager, or you're an elim :P the only person I agree with on your list is Lotus, maybe Mat.

Knowing that I'm village, I guess it makes sense to trust people who are willing to vote for me? I'm still a little wary of that, but I don't see elims voting on villagers at this point. (Unless that's what they want me to think...)

5 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I'll bet the next election on it. 

But if I'm elected then the game goes to assassination round and you don't get another election anyway so I don't win anything.  Not a fair wager. Offer up something fun like your tongue. :P 

So, I don't know who to vote for, we need to consolidate, and I absolutely do not trust Bip, so I will hesitantly vote  Alvron.  I kinda think Dannex is village as well, but not enough to vote them. Electing Alvron worries me though because they are the Worker Leader and by electing him, we therefore miss out on his double vote.

22 minutes ago, Alvron said:

But if I'm elected then the game goes to assassination round and you don't get another election anyway so I don't win anything.  Not a fair wager. Offer up something fun like your tongue. :P 

Alrighty Alvron. I'll give you a metalmind full of feruchemical speed. Unkeyed so you can use it. 

14 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Alrighty Alvron. I'll give you a metalmind full of feruchemical speed. Unkeyed so you can use it. 

So, if I'm village then I gain an unkeyed metalmind full of feruchemical speed.
If I'm evil then you gain my Shard of Survival.
Deal?

18 minutes ago, Alvron said:

So, if I'm village then I gain an unkeyed metalmind full of feruchemical speed.
If I'm evil then you gain my Shard of Survival.
Deal?

Sounds awesome. 

I love SE. Alvron

Edited by Steeldancer
Vote

On 05/07/2021 at 9:49 PM, Liranil said:

Your color tag didn't go through. You don't need a slash in the first set of brackets. :)

Out of everybody here right now, I think I most trust Fifth, maybe Alvron. But I also know I'm village, so I'll probably hold off on voting unless someone I don't trust starts to take off. 

17 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I don't like the fact that Matrim is voting for Alvron. Matrim is 100% evil. Anyone who Matrim votes for is suspicious in my eyes, as much as I might love Alvron. 

6 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I'm calling it now. Alvron is evil and the sudden train on him came from coordinating elims. 

Would just like to point out the most recent advocates of the Alvron lynch are a semi active who suddenly showed up out of almost nowhere (TUO), someone who claimed to have trusted me more than him at the beginning of the cycle and is now voting opposite of me and opposing every word I say (Lira), someone who spent the whole cycle opposing his election and has now done an almost complete 180 after about two posts of banter while simultaneously joining a wagon allied with people he says he doesn’t trust (Steel), and someone who in my purview is quite likely to be evil (Lotus). Oh, and it’s materialised in about four hours with no clear reasoning. So. Unless @Mist, @Matrim's Dice (who is currently on Alv but I still think is village), @Danex, and @Alvron (lol) want to oppose this sudden push by joining me on Bip, or one of the aforementioned players wants to reconsider their votes, then I get the feeling we’re headed to a C7 >>

Also, Liranil Matrim

18 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Would just like to point out the most recent advocates of the Alvron lynch are a semi active who suddenly showed up out of almost nowhere (TUO), someone who claimed to have trusted me more than him at the beginning of the cycle and is now voting opposite of me and opposing every word I say (Lira), someone who spent the whole cycle opposing his election and has now done an almost complete 180 after about two posts of banter while simultaneously joining a wagon allied with people he says he doesn’t trust (Steel), and someone who in my purview is quite likely to be evil (Lotus). Oh, and it’s materialised in about four hours with no clear reasoning. So. Unless @Mist, @Matrim's Dice (who is currently on Alv but I still think is village), @Danex, and @Alvron (lol) want to oppose this sudden push by joining me on Bip, or one of the aforementioned players wants to reconsider their votes, then I get the feeling we’re headed to a C7 >>

Also, Liranil Matrim

I can at least clarify my own change of heart on that topic. First, just because I trust you, doesn't mean I trust your reasoning behind Bip. Second, no one's actually explained the reasoning on Bip this round, even though I specifically asked. Third, the closer I looked at the Bip thing, it looks like a setup: one elim purposefully staying kinda quiet and inactive to allay suspicion (Bip), another elim not voting on her to seemingly clear her (Striker), and a third elim pointing out that fact to get us to vote for Bip (Fifth). I did trust you at the beginning of the round, Fifth, but the more I looked at things, the fishier they looked. It's not that I trust Alvron more than you now, though, it's that I trust Alvron more than Bip.

6 minutes ago, Liranil said:

I can at least clarify my own change of heart on that topic. First, just because I trust you, doesn't mean I trust your reasoning behind Bip. Second, no one's actually explained the reasoning on Bip this round, even though I specifically asked. Third, the closer I looked at the Bip thing, it looks like a setup: one elim purposefully staying kinda quiet and inactive to allay suspicion (Bip), another elim not voting on her to seemingly clear her (Striker), and a third elim pointing out that fact to get us to vote for Bip (Fifth). I did trust you at the beginning of the round, Fifth, but the more I looked at things, the fishier they looked. It's not that I trust Alvron more than you now, though, it's that I trust Alvron more than Bip.

Alright, I can (kind of) accept this. I’ll note that I did provide my reasoning on Bip in this post as to why I thought she was village, but as it was at least partial reiteration of what I’d said earlier countless times on the subject, I understand if you ignored it. :P

Hmm. See, this is the argument you and Mat (and Steel, to some extent) keep making that I don’t understand. Instead of directing arguments for or against Bip herself, you say “the Bip wagon is an elim triangulation scheme between Fifth, Striker and Bip.” But if I’m ever brought up outside the context of Bip, I’m village read. You guys agree with my posts (I hope :P). But when I vote on Bip, everything is suddenly a scheme and a secret plot to get a third elim on the council. It seems very incongruous to have trust in me, but not my votes. Either both exist because I’m village or neither exist because I’m evil, and this is especially true this game because there are no PMs. It’s not like I’m a villager who got pocketed by e!Bip in private or an elim pushing her wagon to gain trust. Either I’m village and my vote and logic on Bip is honest, or I’m not village and you shouldn’t trust either of us. But if you really believed I was evil, I don’t know why you and Mat have been listening to or agreeing with me on everything else I’ve said and then suddenly built the megadeath tunnel on me as soon as I bring up Bip. You kinda have to choose. (Or go the third option, which is “Fifth’s logic is villager-y but he’s sadly wrong and Biplet is actually evil because X,” but nobody is taking that route unless their argument X is “Fifth is also evil,” and we’re back to square one.) So I guess I’m frustrated because I’ve apparently earned “trust” through my actions somehow (not because of my votes, that’s for sure :P), but as soon as an election comes up and I support someone, both me and the other person become evil. It’s not just a Bip problem, as the same thing happened with you earlier, with Mat being immediately hesitant. 

Anyway, sorry for sounding snappish, and I don’t mean to bully anyone into changing their vote against their better judgment. I just really don’t like the way the votes on Alv have gone down, especially since he’s definitely done nothing to be trusted and has explicitly refused to give us his opinion on other players, simply pushing for his own election above all else. It didn’t seem wrong to the point of him definitely being evil until the votes came cascading down, and I can’t be the only one who’s a little leery of how that all happened.

We can afford to miselect one elim.

If you don't like the train on Alvron or the one on Bip, start your own train. If I trust you/who you're voting for enough, I'll join you. I have a null read on Bip and an elim read on Alv, and there are lots of better options than that.

9 hours ago, Biplet said:

Hey what'd I ever to do you? :P

Nothing, that’s the point :P Still not voting for you though.

Does anyone have a VC handy? If not I can go through and make my own.

48 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Alright, I can (kind of) accept this. I’ll note that I did provide my reasoning on Bip in this post as to why I thought she was village, but as it was at least partial reiteration of what I’d said earlier countless times on the subject, I understand if you ignored it. :P

Hmm. See, this is the argument you and Mat (and Steel, to some extent) keep making that I don’t understand. Instead of directing arguments for or against Bip herself, you say “the Bip wagon is an elim triangulation scheme between Fifth, Striker and Bip.” But if I’m ever brought up outside the context of Bip, I’m village read. You guys agree with my posts (I hope :P). But when I vote on Bip, everything is suddenly a scheme and a secret plot to get a third elim on the council. It seems very incongruous to have trust in me, but not my votes. Either both exist because I’m village or neither exist because I’m evil, and this is especially true this game because there are no PMs. It’s not like I’m a villager who got pocketed by e!Bip in private or an elim pushing her wagon to gain trust. Either I’m village and my vote and logic on Bip is honest, or I’m not village and you shouldn’t trust either of us. But if you really believed I was evil, I don’t know why you and Mat have been listening to or agreeing with me on everything else I’ve said and then suddenly built the megadeath tunnel on me as soon as I bring up Bip. You kinda have to choose. (Or go the third option, which is “Fifth’s logic is villager-y but he’s sadly wrong and Biplet is actually evil because X,” but nobody is taking that route unless their argument X is “Fifth is also evil,” and we’re back to square one.) So I guess I’m frustrated because I’ve apparently earned “trust” through my actions somehow (not because of my votes, that’s for sure :P), but as soon as an election comes up and I support someone, both me and the other person become evil. It’s not just a Bip problem, as the same thing happened with you earlier, with Mat being immediately hesitant. 

Anyway, sorry for sounding snappish, and I don’t mean to bully anyone into changing their vote against their better judgment. I just really don’t like the way the votes on Alv have gone down, especially since he’s definitely done nothing to be trusted and has explicitly refused to give us his opinion on other players, simply pushing for his own election above all else. It didn’t seem wrong to the point of him definitely being evil until the votes came cascading down, and I can’t be the only one who’s a little leery of how that all happened.

Ohhh yes, I did see that post! I just forgot about it. XD Your logic makes sense in that post, except I disagree that her lack of activity is contrary to the elim wincon. The eims would want to have people of varying participation to diversify their opportunities for election. Plus I think Bip is GMing (or co-GMing) the LG or something? I could definitely be remembrring that wrong, but if that's right, I'm guessing that's pretty time-consuming.

As for what you're saying about everyone hopping to you/Bip e/e and not giving a v/e option, that's what I was trying to say with my first point. I said I might trust you, but not your read on Bip, which meant that you could be vil and she could be elim. You say it's incongruous to trust you but not your votes, but the whole point of this game is that we (the village) don't know who's who, so while we might both be village, we can easily come to different conclusions based on the information we've gathered here. I think it's perfectly valid to disagree. Someone can be village and still be wrong in their reasoning.

For me, it comes down to which of the two on the chopping block I read more village, and that's Alvron. He's a null read for me, which is better than my mild-elim read of Bip (which, I'll admit, is mostly gut and based on a distrust of the train on her).

(I don't think you sound snappish, you're just defending your vote, which is perfectly reasonable.)

Timecheck:

1. You have one hour to rollover. Get those actions and votes in.

2. Wyrm has insisted that I post to tell the thread that I don't hate him. I'm not really sure why this needed to be said, but ok bro, there you go :P 

Cycle: General Meeting - 14th Doxil, 237

Spoiler

60e5d53660c1b_MR51-GM.thumb.png.39fc78bd215d9270680e29dd77cc46e2.png

Alvron was elected to the Inner Circle! He was aligned with the Workers!

Mat was elected Worker Leader! But y'all probably don't care about that now anyway :P 

Please read the Assassination/General Meeting Cycle rules in the following post before posting to the thread.

Shard, please stop eating my post.

The final cycle has begun! It will end at 2300hrs (GMT+8) on Friday, 9th July!

Inner Circle Votes:

Alv (5): Lira, Mat, TUO, Lotus, Steel
Biplet (4): Araris, Ash, Fifth, Tani

Worker Leader Votes:

Mat (2): Araris, Fifth
Dannex (1): Biplet
Lira (1): Mat

Edited by Kasimir

Hi, no one post until I'm done please. My upload borked. There's a rules post upcoming as well.

Edit: Thank you. (Not you, Shard >>) You may post now after reading the rules.

General Meeting Rules:

Spoiler
  • Eliminators may post to the thread or to their doc.
  • Elected may post to the thread or to their doc.
  • While Village is free to troll as much as they want, I ask that you keep in mind your job is to mindgame the Elims and to protect your Tineye, rather than to keep the Elims from posting or discussing at all. I will request that players who are too disruptive stay out of the thread for the rest of the cycle.
  • Only votes from Elims will count. A simple majority vote will suffice to assassinate the Tineye. Usual voting roles apply.
  • Don't make me add more rules.
  • Nuclear warfare, e.g. the Desolation of the MR7 Moderation Faction Doc is not allowed. Please remember that Devo and I are both in there with you.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Matrim's Dice as Philico
2. @Tani as Sobek
3. @Araris Valerian as some grouchy old guy
4. @Szeth_Pancakes - Worker
5. @Dannex as the kandra DaaNex
6. @Lotus
7. @Steeldancer as Steel
8. @The Unknown Order as Watcher, feeling the sweetness of freedom for another century
9. @Fifth Scholar as Darrel, old man who's seen one too many scrapes and retirement beckons
10. @Ashbringer as  Derrick, a happy-go-lucky steel guider who's finally found a chance for his voice to lead to some change
11. @StrikerEZ as Variel, a man with a nervous habit of wiping as much dirt off his clothes as possible - Loyalist
12. @Alvron as Klaas Vaak, an elderly gentleman with a bag of fine sand - Worker
13. @|TJ| as Sonny, an overenthusiastic brash and showy young worker seeking revolution by revenge - Worker
14. @Elandera - Loyalist
15. @Liranil
16. @Archer as Chalkboard, a general laborer with a voice like nails on a chalkboard - Worker
17. @Mist
18. @Biplet as Nolle, local overly friendly worker who gets a little too talkative after a few drinks at the Bent Boxing

Edited by Kasimir