27 minutes ago, Alvron said:

C1 was the offer and your pairing.  Steel and I didn't kill you until C3 though.

Of course I'm better than Wyrm.  I've only killed you once while he's killed you 2-3 times. :P 

Attacking my supporters?  A little low if you ask me.  I however will not stoop to your level as I believe that everyone should vote for whomever they wish without having to fear reprisals from opponents of their chosen candidate. (Love you Steel :P ) 

Remember, a vote for Klaas Vaak is a vote for the future!

Yes, you are in the game and yet I still keep forgetting about you. :o One of these days you have to tell me your secret.  Even I can't hid e as well as you do. :) 

Unfortunately when I see someone who is clearly in the pocket of the nobles, I have to take a closer look. 

I have to ask, what brought about the change of heart? At the beginning of the game you said you didn't want to be voted. What changed?

My new favorite tunnel: Mat and Lotus are elim and trying to hammer Alv and Liranil as IC and WL.

For now, Fifth.

Vote count!

Spoiler

IC:

Liranil(1): Fifth

Alvron(2): Mat, Lotus

Biplet(2): Ash, Araris

Tani(1): Steel

WL:

Liranil(1): Mat

Biplet(1): Fifth

Edited by Tani

5 minutes ago, Tani said:

My new favorite tunnel: Mat and Lotus are elim and trying to hammer Alv and Liranil as IC and WL

Wrong :P. I’m trying not to lose. 

Also also I forgot Alv was WL this cycle instead of Liranil >> @Alvron pretty much we lose if you don’t vote village

23 hours ago, Tani said:

I'd be down for Steel, Fifth, or myself (now that I think I've solved this somewhat) possibly probably others too. I'm just not busy remembering names of people I trust right now. Yous?

Is it a good idea or a bad idea to share read lists in this game?

(Multiquote!Fifth is out of his cage for an hour because chillchessandanagram!Fifth isn’t getting feedback from the living :P)

I’d say if you want to share read lists, go ahead, but I wouldn’t try to force others into doing it because it will either make the Tineye stick out by refusing, or force them to muck up their reads list to avoid giving themselves away. 

21 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I trust you, but not Fifth. 

I already shared mine so.... Yeah I don't know. Tani

:( 

19 hours ago, Liranil said:

Your color tag didn't go through. You don't need a slash in the first set of brackets. :)

Out of everybody here right now, I think I most trust Fifth, maybe Alvron. But I also know I'm village, so I'll probably hold off on voting unless someone I don't trust starts to take off. 

Probably fair. I’m a little uncomfortable that Mat took his vote off you, making it harder for you to get elected when you were pretty much common consensus last cycle, but I don’t know if that’s because he distrusts you or he distrusts me because apparently until my name is in beautiful dark green, I’m an elim by default thanks to my streak, and so is anyone I support :P 

18 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I just don't have a good reason to trust Liranil. My vote is on Bip, since I still think it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Striker/Bip to be e/e. I have more confidence in that judgement than in my ability to read people in this sort of game.

You have a terrible voting record so stop agreeing with me and making me double-question all my reads, please and thank you >>

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Alvron Liranil

Care to explain?

6 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Biplet

A wise decision, though I’d repeat my question to Mat :P 

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Gee, thanks. :P You’re wrong but I can see why you think that, it’s a fair suspicion. An unfortunate one though cause the village kind of has to vote together here otherwise the elims will hammer. We need at least a block of five votes.

I am willing to vote for Liranil as well, but Liranil can’t vote for herself and I trust her judgement on Alvron (though she hasn’t voted yet) more than her judgement on Fifth :P. Call me paranoid of the plan. But I semi-trust Alv enough since he hasn’t done anything sneaky as WL… and it was left to RNG, and I would kind of think an elim would find a way to push a teammate over for WL. Which is interesting considering that it didn’t happen with anyone, and all five of the candidates being village seems unlikely so idk. But I’d vote for Liranil, Alv, and maybe you or Tani idk. I’m too scared to vote for Bip even though she has literally done nothing suspicious (same with Fifth lol) and I can’t remember who else is in the game.

I trust in you to overcome that irrational fear :P On a more serious note, your point on hammers is correct, which is why I’m again a little curious that you switched off Liranil. To echo the same point she made on Archer, if you trust her judgment enough to vote for Alv (but not me apparently :P), why not keep your vote on her? The Alv vote further divided things and made it harder, not easier, to protect against hammers.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

I've figured some things out and am certain beyond reasonable doubt that Fifth is vil. If you trust me, please will you vote Fifth instead of me? I don't think it's likely that any Elim would share a strategy that was likely to make villagers win. (Unless they were doing what my little brother did in an Avalon game a couple years ago. He said he was Oberon right at the start of the game and would play, vote, and help missions go through as if he were a loyal servant. For those who don't know, Oberon is an evil role that doesn't know who any of the other evil people are and none of the other evil people know who he is. That has only happened once in all the time I've played Avalon. Also, if Fifth were doing that, they woulda said they were elim.)

Edit: The strategy to win is not the only reason I trust Fifth.

(Fifth what're your pronouns sri?)

I’m a guy, so he/him works :P 

The Oberon tangent is an interesting one, but ultimately irrelevant to this game unless Kas blessed me with a secret role :ph34r: (he did not). If you have another reason to trust me, do you mind elaborating (as I’m pretty much as confused as everyone else about this)?

Your trust is touching, but I’m again, as with the others, a bit confused by the approach you’re taking. You already have a vote; it’s easier to consolidate your wagon than mine, so asking everyone on you to move is a little odd this early in the cycle. Later on it might make sense (for instance, if this lynch became Alv/Bip, and I only had one or two people on me, I’d probably urge people to move to Bip), but for now it seems premature. That said, I’m not gonna complain too loudly because I would obviously love being elected, and despite your apparently successful attempts to befuddle the storms out of me, I don’t see how an elim would benefit from how you’ve chosen to approach the game :P  

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I figured as much :P.

I sort of trust Fifth. I'm not sure. Elim!Fifth could have proposed a winning plan for the village that started off with getting an elim elected, so that people would avoid the obvious path to victory, and still give the elims a free person on the council. I do very much like his thought process behind the plan, though. I'm still going to stick to my guns unless someone I really don't trust ends up leading things.

Sort of trust? I’ll take that, I guess :P 

27 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

That’s not what he led with. He lead with e!Striker = v!Archer/Bip and didn’t say anything otherwise till someone else did.

Yeah, because I was and am pretty confident that Biplet is village, and I’ll hop on the wagon despite my misgivings on Araris consistently supporting my reasoning because my Liranil compromise clearly isn’t as popular as I’d hoped. :P Unless there’s a very weird elim team out there (Araris/Bip/Tani/???) which has been leaving all of its chances to get its members elected uncapitalised upon, I’m still pretty sure that a Bip election wins, and the people most strongly against it are the ones I don’t trust as much anyway. And for WL, I’ll go for Liranil again since he doesn’t have my main vote (Biplet). I will make a caveat that if it looks like I will be elected or am within one vote with her as the opposing candidate, I’m probably going to pull my vote off Bip, but I will also try to avoid doing that last-minute so that villagers don’t get jumpy with their votes and any elim hammer will have to be very obvious.

10 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

And for WL, I’ll go for Liranil again since he doesn’t have my main vote (Biplet). 

Jsyk, I'm a she :)

I'm honestly really confused for all the support for Biplet. There doesn't seem to be much analysis of her own actions and eveything seems to be based off of "Striker didn't switch to vote her when he could have." He could have easily wanted to gain people's trust by switching to elect a villager so that we would elect him without throwing sus on any of his teammates or revealing himself (which is exactly what happened).

Idk, am I missing something?

For now, Alvron.

52 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Probably fair. I’m a little uncomfortable that Mat took his vote off you, making it harder for you to get elected when you were pretty much common consensus last cycle

It was because no one was voting her except for you :P. I literally would move back in a heartbeat if it had more support.

I’m an elim by default thanks to my streak, and so is anyone I support :P 

Yeahhh that’s not exactly fair on my part. Or it would be if it was only that, but like I said I’m scared to trust you after Striker flipped elim. My moving votes had nothing to do with you.

You have a terrible voting record

I mean I know this was about Araris but was yours any better :P.

Care to explain?

see above but I also forgot that Alv was the WL and not Liranil.

which is why I’m again a little curious that you switched off Liranil.

What is that supposed to mean lol I fail to see how this is related to hammers

The Alv vote further divided things and made it harder, not easier, to protect against hammers.

You say that like it’s an actual train, pretty sure it’s just me. And again I thought I was freeing up the WL to vote for Alv when I was… not doing that.

Biplet

Paranoia + 1000

Liranil compromise clearly isn’t as popular as I’d hoped.

You misinterpreted me, as I said. Liranil.

I’m still pretty sure that a Bip election wins,

What will you do if it doesn’t?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

38 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Jsyk, I'm a she :)

I'm honestly really confused for all the support for Biplet. There doesn't seem to be much analysis of her own actions and eveything seems to be based off of "Striker didn't switch to vote her when he could have." He could have easily wanted to gain people's trust by switching to elect a villager so that we would elect him without throwing sus on any of his teammates or revealing himself (which is exactly what happened).

Idk, am I missing something?

For now, Alvron.

Gah I knew that and then forgot again, sorry >>

I did a comb-through of you and Bip last cycle and my impression is that you’re both villagers, but she’s just less active. No offence to Bip, but she hasn’t contributed much to the thread in most of the cycles, and I feel like an elim!Bip would be more actively engaged to try to get votes on her. Thus far she’s mainly just made check-in posts and thrown votes on leading wagons (yes, Striker’s, but also Alv’s and Archer’s). While I generally dislike such reasoning, I find her play inconsistent with what the eliminators are angling for this game, and especially inconsistent with Striker’s play. If she was evil with him, her objectively best chance for election was C3, when Araris started the votes. I can accept Araris/Bip as evil in another world, perhaps, given how oddly Araris has been voting for her, but not with Striker. It just makes no sense not to elect e!Bip when given the opportunity, which makes me think Striker picked Szeth because everyone (well, everyone except me) figured he was village, and he wanted to leave Bip and Archer as question marks and cause paranoia with the vote switch. Which, apparently, has worked to perfection >> And Striker had no reason to think we would choose him—if it wasn’t for my idea to try to win by force, nobody would have voted for him last cycle (including myself; if I was voting based on my reads at the time it’d have been Mat or Archer, as I’ve said before).

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean I know this was about Araris but was yours any better :P.

Mine is in fact probably worse since I distrusted Szeth, but sadly I have access to my own GM PM and not Araris’ :P 

21 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What is that supposed to mean lol I fail to see how this is related to hammers

My thought when typing this was “why advocate in favour of a large village vote on one guy and then split up your vote off someone who already has one in favour of someone who doesn’t” but then I read your post again and Alv had already been voted on, so I guess I’m just senselessly hurling words at you because this vote is beginning to stress me out :P 

23 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You say that like it’s an actual train, pretty sure it’s just me. And again I thought I was freeing up the WL to vote for Alv when I was… not doing that.

Then that’s actually my point; you’re placing your vote on a candidate with no chance (Alv) instead of one who already has village support (Liranil) so you make the vote margins easier to hammer for the Elims. 

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Paranoia + 1000

Not like I’ve announced I was going to do this since C4 or anything :P (though as a tinfoil addict in rehab, I get it. I simply have the benefit of knowing my alignment and you (presumably) don’t :P)

26 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You misinterpreted me, as I said. Liranil.

Might have misinterpreted you, but I don’t think I was missing the mark when I said that outside of the two of us, there’s really no momentum for Lira right now. And you apparently don’t even trust me, so…

28 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What will you do if it doesn’t?

Vote my best C7 and accept the post-mortem title of Honourary Eliminator? :P I think this question is a bit silly, as I could pose the same question to you about Lira, or Lotus about Alv, etc. I’ll deal with next cycle if it comes up, and try to vote so that it doesn’t, and I’d hope that everyone would be doing the same. If anyone’s voting with the plan that they’re going to a C7 with the candidate they’ve chosen, they’re probably evil :P 

3 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Unfortunately when I see someone who is clearly in the pocket of the nobles, I have to take a closer look. 

I have to ask, what brought about the change of heart? At the beginning of the game you said you didn't want to be voted. What changed?

Do you have proof that my voters are in the pocket of a noble or are you simply imposing your fear onto them?

I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to be voted on not that I didn't want to be voted on.  That however was a lie.  I was hoping that others would see it and think 'that's a village thing to say, let's vote for Alv'.  Didn't work so now Klaas Vaak is taking over the drivers seat.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

My new favorite tunnel: Mat and Lotus are elim and trying to hammer Alv and Liranil as IC and WL.

Crap, they're on to us @Liranil!  What should we do?

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

@Alvron pretty much we lose if you don’t vote village

A vote for Klaas Vaak is a vote for village.  Vote village.  Vote Klaas Vaak!

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

If anyone’s voting with the plan that they’re going to a C7 with the candidate they’ve chosen, they’re probably evil :P 

And if someone doesn't vote but has a plan for C7 are they evil too? :P 

Sleep dear Kas, you know you want to.  Just close your drooping eyes and let the Sandman come.

♪♫♪
Now it's time to say good night,
Good night, sleep tight.
Now the sun turns out his light,
Good night, sleep tight.
Dream sweet dreams for me,
Dream sweet dreams for you.
Close your eyes and I'll close mine,
Good night, sleep tight.
Now the moon begins to shine,
Good night, sleep tight.
Close your eyes and I'll close mine,
Good night, sleep tight.
Now the sun turns out his light,
Good night, sleep tight.
Good night,
Good night, everybody,
Everybody, everywhere,
Good night.
♪♫♪

28 minutes ago, Alvron said:

A vote for Klaas Vaak is a vote for village.  Vote village.  Vote Klaas Vaak!

I mean like your vote, it’s the double, we need that and you can’t vote for yourself :P 

If there’s contention on who to vote for

might I suggest myself

E-Me wouldn’t accidentally miss half the game. look at my history, I haven’t been elim in months, I wouldn’t throw away that opportunity. 

Oh cool your pfp is blue now

I think just about anyone would say the same

Edit: that is about the reasoning. 

Edit edit: gah words I meant except the reasoning

Edited by Mist

2 minutes ago, Danex said:

If there’s contention on who to vote for

might I suggest myself

E-Me wouldn’t accidentally miss half the game. look at my history, I haven’t been elim in months, I wouldn’t throw away that opportunity. 

That’s the second time you’ve said that, and the second time I disagree :P IRL is IRL, regardless of alignment. And if you had time to play and didn’t, well… there’s something to be said about that, but we won’t :P 

24 minutes ago, Danex said:

I’m blue

Hide contents

Da ba dee da ba daa

If you were green, would you die?

Edit for nonbanter additions:

I think there were originally six elims. That's about the right distribution for if this were a normal Avalon game with eighteen players: twelve vil, six elim. (yes, I did calculate it.) There are two elim elected already, so we have four left here. If they want to elect one of their own, they have three votes only. If they want to elect one of their own and the current WL is elim, and they're not electing the WL elim (which is likely,) they have four votes. In the case where Alv is elim and they're going to elect a non-WL elim, we need five votes on someone village in order to get the fourth villager ICed. The hard part about hammering: If they hammer one of their own, they have fewer votes.

Since we're assuming there's at most one less active elim, I think we should WL an inactive, like Dannex, giving a slightly greater chance of not electing an elim WL and decreasing their hammer power by two (assuming Alv is elim) in the case they do get an elim ICed.

People who haven't voted yet:

IC: @Danex, @The Unknown Order, @Alvron, @Mist, @Biplet

WL: @Araris Valerian, Danex, @Lotus, @Steeldancer, TUO, @Ashbringer, Alvron, @Liranil, Mist, Bip.

Edited by Tani

43 minutes ago, Tani said:

we need five votes on someone village in order to get the fourth villager ICed.

I already said this and no one listeneddddddddd

43 minutes ago, Tani said:

a slightly greater chance of not electing an elim

…why? I would think that would have no effect on the chance of electing an elim. Or more maybe accurately, throw it to chance.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean like your vote, it’s the double, we need that and you can’t vote for yourself :P 

I had the double vote a couple of cycles ago too and didn't use it.

I have no intention of voting this cycle.  Rollover for me in this game is 3am so it would be impossible for me to hammer anyone but having my two votes hanging out there with hours to go in an election would make it easier for the elims to vote one of their own in should I vote wrong.  The safest thing for me to do is not vote which is what I have done last time and am doing this time.

Instead you should vote Klaas Vaak into office.  Klaas Vaak, he won't abuse the power given to him.  Vote now.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

(Tani:) a slightly greater chance of not electing an elim

…why? I would think that would have no effect on the chance of electing an elim. Or more maybe accurately, throw it to chance.

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Since we're assuming there's at most one less active elim, I think we should WL an inactive, like Dannex, giving a slightly greater chance of not electing an elim WL and decreasing their hammer power by two (assuming Alv is elim) in the case they do get an elim ICed.

That's one in... how many less-actives/inactives are there?

Also, you forgot the part about how that was about WLship, not ICing.

Edited by Tani

6 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I'm calling it now. Alvron is evil and the sudden train on him came from coordinating elims. 

I'm calling it now. Biplet is evil and the train on her came about through clever storytelling by Fifth and their fellow elims.

10 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

m too scared to vote for Bip even though she has literally done nothing suspicious

Hey what'd I ever to do you? :P

4 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

No offence to Bip, but she hasn’t contributed much to the thread in most of the cycles,

Yeah, sorry for this. Between running LG78, playing this game, and trying to read all of Stormlight before I start another summer class, it's hard to make really substantial contributions to this game. I am paying attention tho, that I can say for sure. Also, my cat is currently hurt and I've been caring for him. Tomorrow right at rollover is the earliest I could get him into the vet. Things should clear up tomorrow.

Dannex

1 minute ago, Liranil said:

I'm calling it now. Biplet is evil and the train on her came about through clever storytelling by Fifth and their fellow elims.

Actually if you look at my analysis I think Biplet is evil too. 

In this situation I only trust myself. And Tani. And unknown order. That's it.