so Hoid's purpose, is he Ado reborn? is he trying to reform Ado? we know he is going wherever his foresight tells him to, so maybe he just is going where he is needed. but that seems to simple for a Brandon reason, is there something deeper? what if he was given a purpose by the god beyond, whoever that is.

Yeah this WoB confuses things… I think it might indeed be reforming Adonalsium, but that begs another couple questions: Who is Hoid really? How was he involved in the Shattering, and why did he not take a shard for himself?

Edited by Binder
Grammatical error

I'm pretty sure he didn't take a shard for himself (the one he would have taken being endowment, and the least influencing) cause he knew they'd be bound or have restrictions or something like that? Evidence from the lin:

'i chose not to and gained freedoms they'd never again possess' 

Or something along those lines

8 hours ago, Phlipz1 said:

I'm pretty sure he didn't take a shard for himself (the one he would have taken being endowment, and the least influencing) cause he knew they'd be bound or have restrictions or something like that? Evidence from the lin:

'i chose not to and gained freedoms they'd never again possess' 

Or something along those lines

well he was a Dawnshard and part of the weapon that destroyed Adonalsium himself, but he was not just that, he was also Cephandrius keeper of the first gem as Endowment I think adresses him as in Oathbringer.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

well he was a Dawnshard and part of the weapon that destroyed Adonalsium himself, but he was not just that, he was also Cephandrius keeper of the first gem as Endowment I think adresses him as in Oathbringer.

Gem? Or perhaps a Topaz…

In the sample chapters of Dragonsteel or something his title is Cephandrius 

And Peter Ahlstrom I believe said his full title is Cephandrius Maxtori

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

Gem? Or perhaps a Topaz…

In the sample chapters of Dragonsteel or something his title is Cephandrius 

And Peter Ahlstrom I believe said his full title is Cephandrius Maxtori

noice, well that is what OB said. Cephandrius Maxtori, I like it. what about Wit Maxiimous.

19 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Well, he's definitely not just that... but those two could be one in the same since "the first gem" could be a reference to the dawnshard he held.

Just now, Lunu’anaki said:

Well, he's definitely not just that... but those two could be one in the same since "the first gem" could be a reference to the dawnshard he held.

true, but what is a Dawnshard? a primal command yes, but physically? we know Rysn's was a mural, but was that it? or is there more. is it a gem? a Topaz.

I don’t think one would “bear” a Gem that is a Dawnshard 

It would seem to me you either are a Dawnshard or you aren’t, why would you bear it and not use it?

But this is all speculation so who knows? Maybe the First Gem was a Dawnshard that Hoid used or maybe it’s name was First Gem

1 minute ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I don’t think one would “bear” a Gem that is a Dawnshard 

I could reasonably imagine someone referring to Rysn as "bearer of the shattering mural" or something. My only point is that it's entirely possible the gem is a reference to a dawnshard's physical vessel.

1 minute ago, Lunu’anaki said:

I could reasonably imagine someone referring to Rysn as "bearer of the shattering mural" or something. My only point is that it's entirely possible the gem is a reference to a dawnshard's physical vessel.

maybe he did not bear The Dawnshard, what if The Dawnshard's investure was stored in the gem similar to stormlight.

2 minutes ago, Lunu’anaki said:

Yes I agree that this is a very possible scenario 

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

maybe he did not bear The Dawnshard, what if The Dawnshard's investure was stored in the gem similar to stormlight.

Well we know he was a Dawnshard but maybe this is how he stopped being one, perhaps 

1 minute ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Yes I agree that this is a very possible scenario 

Well we know he was a Dawnshard but maybe this is how he stopped being one, perhaps 

indeed. right now I am listening to Hoid's flute in Wandersail the song on the soundtrack.