Chinkoln

43 minutes ago, Mage said:

So there is. It looks like there are a grand total of three posts there. Anyone down to cast off the non-intervention policy of Frost and the 17th Shard and join Master Thaidakar and his Ghostbloods?

(and I'm only kidding about casting off the Shard. This is one of the best fan forums that I have ever seen.) 

Sure! Let’s go!

btw, that’s the wrong link technically. There is an r/ghostbloods forum. I messaged the moderator (who has a grand total of one post) asking if we could take over.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

btw, that’s the wrong link technically. There is an r/ghostbloods forum. I messaged the moderator (who has a grand total of one post) asking if we could take over.

Oh, there's two subreddits

that one and https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbloods/

Edited by Honorless

On 6/16/2021 at 4:57 AM, Honorless said:

The Ghostbloods managed to reach Yolen in record time [as evidenced by Mraize's trophy 'from Yolen']

If you have a coconut from Hawai'i, possessing that coconut doesn't mean you've been to Hawai'i.  All it means is that the coconut was, originally, from Hawai'i.  The islands could sink into the ocean tomorrow, and it would still be *from Hawai'i*.  Same with the branch.  I'm not saying it's impossible that the Ghostbloods have made it to Yolen, but it's certainly not factual (unless I managed to miss a massive WoB).

Edit: I forgot I only opened the thread to share this old beauty with anyone else who missed or forgot it.  Cheeky Brandon...  https://wob.coppermind.net/events/100-rbooks-ama-2015/#e3585

Edited by CruelSadist
Distracted, whoops

7 hours ago, TheCruelSadist said:

If you have a coconut from Hawai'i, possessing that coconut doesn't mean you've been to Hawai'i.  All it means is that the coconut was, originally, from Hawai'i.  The islands could sink into the ocean tomorrow, and it would still be *from Hawai'i*.  Same with the branch.  I'm not saying it's impossible that the Ghostbloods have made it to Yolen, but it's certainly not factual (unless I managed to miss a massive WoB).

Edit: I forgot I only opened the thread to share this old beauty with anyone else who missed or forgot it.  Cheeky Brandon...  https://wob.coppermind.net/events/100-rbooks-ama-2015/#e3585

It is Mraize's trophy room, it would kind of beat the purpose, and go against his philosophy of predation, for the Ghostbloods not to have reached Yolen to procure that trophy. I think that narratively too, that was the point of the trophy room, to show the Ghostbloods' reach.

That WoB is very cheeky

Edited by Honorless

15 hours ago, Honorless said:

It is Mraize's trophy room, it would kind of beat the purpose, and go against his philosophy of predation, for the Ghostbloods not to have reached Yolen to procure that trophy. I think that narratively too, that was the point of the trophy room, to show the Ghostbloods' reach.

That WoB is very cheeky

Fair enough.  I mean, I would be shocked if Mraize didn't go to Patji for his Aviar, I'm with you there.  I just don't buy that Kelsier managed to figure out how to get to Yolen before Silverlight.

On 6/22/2021 at 0:26 PM, Chinkoln said:

Who says that he hasn’t reached Silverlight? It is a big city in the middle of Shadesmar filled with scholars and worldhoppers. He might have found it (unless we have a WoB that he hasn’t)

what he means is that he doesn't believe Kelsier found Yolen, before Silverlight did.

Edited by Frustration

On 22.06.2021 at 8:26 PM, Chinkoln said:

Who says that he hasn’t reached Silverlight? It is a big city in the middle of Shadesmar filled with scholars and worldhoppers. He might have found it (unless we have a WoB that he hasn’t)

Of course Kelsier not reached Silverlight nor Yolen by hinself, because he is bounded to Scadrial and need to find how to escape. But maybe he indeed knows the way to those places.

BTW. is possible Ghostbloods predates Kelsier - mean he just took over Ghostbloods, not found them.

37 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Of course Kelsier not reached Silverlight nor Yolen by hinself, because he is bounded to Scadrial and need to find how to escape. But maybe he indeed knows the way to those places.

BTW. is possible Ghostbloods predates Kelsier - mean he just took over Ghostbloods, not found them.

*Looks at cheeky WoB again*

Definitely possible

Edited by Honorless

On 16/06/2021 at 2:59 PM, Honorless said:

It's from Mraize's collection:

We couldn't figure out where the branch was from, so we got a WoB:

Yup, we got it from the Arcanum Unbounded. All expeditions from Silverlight that ventured into Patji did not return.

My first thoughts are is that kelsiers hair? I mean he is most likely thaidakar so it would check out

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, TheCruelSadist said:

Fair enough.  I mean, I would be shocked if Mraize didn't go to Patji for his Aviar, I'm with you there.  I just don't buy that Kelsier managed to figure out how to get to Yolen before Silverlight.

This is the guy who managed to overthrow the Final Empire in two years once he decided to do it. The Rebellion had been trying for centuries.

Besides, it may have been a collaboration. Kell has worked with Khriss on something, after all. 

5 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

This is the guy who managed to overthrow the Final Empire in two years once he decided to do it. The Rebellion had been trying for centuries.

Besides, it may have been a collaboration. Kell has worked with Khriss on something, after all. 

Also, C-Zinc, C-Duralumin, C-Steel and C-Chromium

Since the Ghostblood's whole bit is trying to transport Investiture (in myriad forms) between worlds, even if Mraize himself didn't visit Patji, Yolen, or SIlverlight, it seems logical to assume that either another Ghostblood did it, or whoever did it for the Ghostbloods was subsequently forced to divulge their method of travel/transport. Mraize likes torture, I can imagine him forcing some random person who found a way to get to Yolen or wherever to tell him their methods.

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2021 at 4:59 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Lets not oversell what he did. He incited a rebellion which would be crushed if not for Vin randomly being able to kill Lord Ruler. Vin and Preservation overthrew the Final Empire; Kelsier completely overlooked the power of Lord Ruler and his plans would amount to little if not for help outside of his control. Even Marsh killing the inquisitors was mostly independent from what Kelsier planned IIRC.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:50 AM, Elegy said:

The Traveller is not really canon, but its first paragraph indicates white trees on Yolen, so I guess the branch wouldn't need to be anything else. Given that Yolen seems to be hard to reach, having a normal Yolish branch on display is probably already flexing :D

Fainlife plants are white, so it may have been a branch from fain tree. 

Edited by Alcatur

On 10/6/2021 at 7:45 AM, Alcatur said:

Lets not oversell what he did. He incited a rebellion which would be crushed if not for Vin randomly being able to kill Lord Ruler. Vin and Preservation overthrew the Final Empire; Kelsier completely overlooked the power of Lord Ruler and his plans would amount to little if not for help outside of his control. Even Marsh killing the inquisitors was mostly independent from what Kelsier planned IIRC.

This I believe was mostly because of his lack of knowledge. He had no way of knowing just how powerful TLR could actually be. Ignorance is a flaw that he has actively worked to correct as of Secret History. He's now learned enough to actively be able to replicate TLR's power (aka the most powerful character we've seen that isn't a Shard or named Nightblood) and we honestly don't really know how much he did learn while wielding Preservation. Kelsier's specialty is turning impossible problems into manageable pieces after all.

33 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

Well to be fair we don't actually know quite how powerful he is. Theoretically he's stupidly powerful. In practice, we don't know his limiting factors beyond not being able to harm anything 

1. Lerasium Mistborn
  2. Lightweaver
  3. Yollen Lightweaver
  4. Acces to Fortune
  5. Breath
  6. The strongest healing we have ever seen
  7. Maniulation of Connection

16 minutes ago, Frustration said:
  1. Lerasium Mistborn
  2. Lightweaver
  3. Yollen Lightweaver
  4. Acces to Fortune
  5. Breath
  6. The strongest healing we have ever seen
  7. Maniulation of Connection

Like I said, theoretically he's stupidly powerful. But he doesn't do nearly as much as he can do. Might just be him trying to keep a low profile, or there might be more limitations that we are aware of