How the Recreance should have happened

MistMage

5 minutes ago, MistMage said:

2) Knowledge wouldn't be lost if the Recreance happened the way I theorize it should have. The spren would have kept their Sapience and be able to teach the future generations of spren about the dangers of surgebinding. Theoretically, they would form some kind of psedo bond with future humans, which would allow them to dismiss the shardblade sans gem, and in that time the spren are in the Cognitive Realm, hanging out with their descendants.

3) No they don't have to do it at the same time, but I think it would be hard for the remaining Radiants to be aware that something weird happened. The gem stone trick to dismiss the shardblades hadn't been discovered until way after the Recreance. So all the spren are in Shardblade form, therefore they're not visible in the Cognitive realm if an Elsecaller or Lightweaver or Willshaper took a look. The only way they would notice is if they picked up a shardblade, which I think is unlikely if they have their own spren hanging around.

I am sorry, but this is logically inconsistent. You have to make up your mind. Either the spren would be available in Shadesmar or not. Points 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive.

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

I am sorry, but this is logically inconsistent. You have to make up your mind. Either the spren would be available in Shadesmar or not. Points 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive.

Well point 2 is what would have happened if the whole BAM thing didn't cause all the radiant spren to become deadeyes? It's what the radiants intended. Point 3 is what ended up happening after they became deadeyes, and none of the old radiants were aware that their plan went wrong. Maya says as much during the trial that they didn't expect the spren to become deadeyes.

38 minutes ago, MistMage said:

Well point 2 is what would have happened if the whole BAM thing didn't cause all the radiant spren to become deadeyes? It's what the radiants intended. Point 3 is what ended up happening after they became deadeyes, and none of the old radiants were aware that their plan went wrong. Maya says as much during the trial that they didn't expect the spren to become deadeyes.

The problem is that if the spren were intended to show up in Shadesmar, but did not, you need to explain why nobody noticed and told the remaining radiants. Unless of course there were none. But then you need to explain what was the rush.

In fact why did they feel that a common decision was necessary and that all spren needed to take part?

20 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

The problem is that if the spren were intended to show up in Shadesmar, but did not, you need to explain why nobody noticed and told the remaining radiants. Unless of course there were none. But then you need to explain what was the rush.

In fact why did they feel that a common decision was necessary and that all spren needed to take part?

The Radiant spren may have been intended to show up in Shadesmar over a period of time, but I don't know if anyone was particularly looking for them. It could have taken a few years for the spren in shadesmar to notice that they hadn't seen any of the old radiant spren, and by then all the radiants could have broken their oaths and there's no way to contact them. As for why they were in such a rush to break their oaths, no clue. Probably has to do with what they found out about how the surges were used to destroy Ashyn. And as to why all the spren had to take part, I imagine all the surges were dangerous enough to cause the cataclysm, but it's a moot point because we KNOW all the spren didn't take part. The highspren clearly didn't agree and kept their order going, why they felt that way and if it was just a decision based on their belief of following laws/oaths, idk. Why they didn't tell the other spren of shadesmar what happened, who knows? Hopefully we'll find out in book 5 which is supposed to be the skybreaker book.