Steeldancer's predictions!

Steeldancer

So at the very beginning of my mission, I wrote up a long list of predictions for book 4. Note, that was 2 years ago. 
Here are my correct predictions:
1. Kaladin gets shardplate
2. More shadesmar with Shallan and Jasnah. I was wrong about the Jasnah part, but we did get more Shadesmar with Shallan so I'll take it
3. Taln is the best. This is always true, no matter what. Even if he got no screentime..
4. Adolin awakens Maya. Mainly came true. Also if Taln is best boi Maya is best girl. 
5. People actually ask questions about Renarin. We definitely learned a bit more about him. Good stuff. 
6. Significant loss occurs. Teft dies, and they for a time lose Urithiru, which was when I marked that off. 
7. Urithiru gets lit up. Hooray!
8. Taravangian betrays Dalinar again. Obviously, he did. 
9. The names of the truthwatcher and stonewards spren. Mistspren and Peakspren, hooray!
10. Szeth heads off to start his journey to Shinovar. 
11. We meet a stoneward. 
12. A new bondsmith, allowing us to meet the Sibling. Go Navani
13. A new Hoid story. It wasn't anything special... but we did get one. 
14. Prototype Fabrial ships from Navani? Yeah. That was a thing
15. A prediction for the epilogue, I thought there might be a large confrontation of some sort. 
16. Cultivation becomes more involved. We saw her onscreen, so I'll count this. 

Here's what I got wrong. 
1. Large battle in the Horneater peaks. This looks like it'll be in the next Novella
2. Rlain finds some of the Listeners. Yeah, I was totally wrong. Venli did it.
3. Rock becomes a King. Also probably in the next novella. 
4. Ryshadium flashbacks. Didnt happen, I still want to see when Dalinar bonded his Ryshadium
5. Szeth and Lift adventures. None of that, sadly. OB was so much fun. 
6. Hoid roasts Jasnah. I was totally, completely wrong about this. Instead theyre a thing... a nonsexual thing mostly, but still....
7. Ba-Ado Mishram makes an appearance. I was wrong, it looks like she'll play a major part of the next book. Additionally, it looks like she might be the reason that spren become deadeyes nowadays, which is weird... anyway we'll have to wait until book 5 for that
8. Rlain becomes a windrunner/squire. I was explicitly wrong about what order he would join. 
9. Letter epigraphs are a response from Hoid. Nope, it was a response from Harmony. 
10. Shallan flashbacks to when she originally bonded pattern. Turns out... the very assumption of this guess was incorrect. 
11. Flashbacks alternate over the same situations from viewpoints of both Venli and Eshonai. That... didn't really happen. They were kind of non-essential
12. Zahel sees nightblood again. Unfortunately not. 
13. Jasnah finds out Shallan is a ghostblood. Didn't happen. She's not a ghostblood anymore sadly. 
14. Lift finally figures out how to use Abrasion. Didn't happen. She's still figuring out her growing body.
15. Another windrunner swears the 4th oath before Kaladin. Didn't happen. Because freaking MOASH STABBED TEFT GOSH DANGIT 
16. Shallan gets pregnant. Eventually. Yeah that didn't happen. 
17. Oroden and Gavinor become friends. Also just didn't happen. 
18. Another Elsecaller. Didn't happen, but after the big reveal, inkspren might be slightly more willing to do so. Go Adolin and Maya!
19. Venli does a nail-biting teleport at a tension-filled moment. 
20. Kaladin sees his old ex again. Nope, instead he just got a new ex. 
21. Kaladin finally gets around to getting family barracks for Bridge 4. I believe he did, but it wasn't shown on screen. Correct me below, I only read it once. 
22. Rysn ends up in Aimia, so we finally learn what's important about that. We got that in Dawnshard, so I was right, just not in RoW
23. More timeline on the arrival of Odium and singer/human loyalties to him. Yeah, I'm still confused about the timeline. 
24. Taravangian dies of old age. 
This might be the biggest thing I got wrong. Holy cow what a twist. 
25. Hoid's epilogue. I also guessed there might be the final plan of Hoid, Hoid oaths, or a major cosmere revelation. None of the above occurred. 
26. We finally learn something about Voidbinding. Not. A. Thing. 
I also have some predicitions for book 5 which I'll throw down here. 
1. Dalinar dies
2. Dalinar becomes "Unity."
3. Kaladin dies. 
4. Roshar gets wrecked
5. Honorblades go back to their former power (most likely tied to Unity becoming a thing)
6. Taln gets his mind back. I hope...
7. Moash and Kaladin have a huge fight
8. Gavilar prologue. 
That's it. Thanks for coming to my Ted-talk. Look out for various theories getting slung around about the Spiritual realm, coming soon...

3 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

So at the very beginning of my mission, I wrote up a long list of predictions for book 4. Note, that was 2 years ago. 
Here are my correct predictions:
1. Kaladin gets shardplate
2. More shadesmar with Shallan and Jasnah. I was wrong about the Jasnah part, but we did get more Shadesmar with Shallan so I'll take it
3. Taln is the best. This is always true, no matter what. Even if he got no screentime..
4. Adolin awakens Maya. Mainly came true. Also if Taln is best boi Maya is best girl. 
5. People actually ask questions about Renarin. We definitely learned a bit more about him. Good stuff. 
6. Significant loss occurs. Teft dies, and they for a time lose Urithiru, which was when I marked that off. 
7. Urithiru gets lit up. Hooray!
8. Taravangian betrays Dalinar again. Obviously, he did. 
9. The names of the truthwatcher and stonewards spren. Mistspren and Peakspren, hooray!
10. Szeth heads off to start his journey to Shinovar. 
11. We meet a stoneward. 
12. A new bondsmith, allowing us to meet the Sibling. Go Navani
13. A new Hoid story. It wasn't anything special... but we did get one. 
14. Prototype Fabrial ships from Navani? Yeah. That was a thing
15. A prediction for the epilogue, I thought there might be a large confrontation of some sort. 
16. Cultivation becomes more involved. We saw her onscreen, so I'll count this. 

Here's what I got wrong. 
1. Large battle in the Horneater peaks. This looks like it'll be in the next Novella
2. Rlain finds some of the Listeners. Yeah, I was totally wrong. Venli did it.
3. Rock becomes a King. Also probably in the next novella. 
4. Ryshadium flashbacks. Didnt happen, I still want to see when Dalinar bonded his Ryshadium
5. Szeth and Lift adventures. None of that, sadly. OB was so much fun. 
6. Hoid roasts Jasnah. I was totally, completely wrong about this. Instead theyre a thing... a nonsexual thing mostly, but still....
7. Ba-Ado Mishram makes an appearance. I was wrong, it looks like she'll play a major part of the next book. Additionally, it looks like she might be the reason that spren become deadeyes nowadays, which is weird... anyway we'll have to wait until book 5 for that
8. Rlain becomes a windrunner/squire. I was explicitly wrong about what order he would join. 
9. Letter epigraphs are a response from Hoid. Nope, it was a response from Harmony. 
10. Shallan flashbacks to when she originally bonded pattern. Turns out... the very assumption of this guess was incorrect. 
11. Flashbacks alternate over the same situations from viewpoints of both Venli and Eshonai. That... didn't really happen. They were kind of non-essential
12. Zahel sees nightblood again. Unfortunately not. 
13. Jasnah finds out Shallan is a ghostblood. Didn't happen. She's not a ghostblood anymore sadly. 
14. Lift finally figures out how to use Abrasion. Didn't happen. She's still figuring out her growing body.
15. Another windrunner swears the 4th oath before Kaladin. Didn't happen. Because freaking MOASH STABBED TEFT GOSH DANGIT 
16. Shallan gets pregnant. Eventually. Yeah that didn't happen. 
17. Oroden and Gavinor become friends. Also just didn't happen. 
18. Another Elsecaller. Didn't happen, but after the big reveal, inkspren might be slightly more willing to do so. Go Adolin and Maya!
19. Venli does a nail-biting teleport at a tension-filled moment. 
20. Kaladin sees his old ex again. Nope, instead he just got a new ex. 
21. Kaladin finally gets around to getting family barracks for Bridge 4. I believe he did, but it wasn't shown on screen. Correct me below, I only read it once. 
22. Rysn ends up in Aimia, so we finally learn what's important about that. We got that in Dawnshard, so I was right, just not in RoW
23. More timeline on the arrival of Odium and singer/human loyalties to him. Yeah, I'm still confused about the timeline. 
24. Taravangian dies of old age. 
This might be the biggest thing I got wrong. Holy cow what a twist. 
25. Hoid's epilogue. I also guessed there might be the final plan of Hoid, Hoid oaths, or a major cosmere revelation. None of the above occurred. 
26. We finally learn something about Voidbinding. Not. A. Thing. 
I also have some predicitions for book 5 which I'll throw down here. 
1. Dalinar dies
2. Dalinar becomes "Unity."
3. Kaladin dies. 
4. Roshar gets wrecked
5. Honorblades go back to their former power (most likely tied to Unity becoming a thing)
6. Taln gets his mind back. I hope...
7. Moash and Kaladin have a huge fight
8. Gavilar prologue. 
That's it. Thanks for coming to my Ted-talk. Look out for various theories getting slung around about the Spiritual realm, coming soon...

I like the Dalinar= unity. I agree with 4. 6. will happen in book eight... 8. is what I want. 7. also really want that. 1. I am guessing like T becoming O.

5 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

8. Gavilar prologue. 

Well...

Extesian

Can you confirm whether Navani will be the prologue viewpoint? Or you want to keep that quiet/ haven't decided yet?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, she is the prologue viewpoint.

AridholGM

Wouldn't it be dope to have the book 5 viewpoint from Gavilar himself, and it finally revealing what exactly he was up to.. :)

Brandon Sanderson

That is what I have planned.

General Reddit 2019 (April 17, 2019)

1 hour ago, Oversleep said:

Well...

Oversleep, long time no see! Glad to see some of the hivemind are still alive! 
I believe I knew that in the back of my head somewhere, but I wrote this on my mission when I had no sources for anything. So, hooray. Gavilar pov.