Equipment:
Chainmail (10 pts of armor)
Shield (6 pts of armor)
Sword
Dagger
2 spears
Personal gear
Travel gear
War gear (including a lance and spare sword)
A magic healing potion
Fine clothing (worth 1
£)

Other Info:
Born: 463
Squired: 479
Knighted: [484, unless you royally mess up the intro scenario]
Landed: [484]
Family characteristic: Natural healer

Sir Alaveir ( @The Unknown Order)

Spoiler

Personal Info
Name: Alaveir
Son Number: 1
Homeland: Salisbury
Culture: Cymric
Religion: British Christian
Liege Lord: Sir Roderick, Earl of Salisbury
Current Class: Squire
Current Home: Berwick St. James

Glory:

Passions
Loyalty (Lord): 15
Love (Family): 15
Hospitality: 15
Honor: 16
Hate (Saxons): 15

Personality Traits: 
Chaste (13)/Lustful (7)
-Energetic (11)/Lazy (8)
Forgiving (13)/Vengeful (7)
-Generous (10/Selfish (10)
Honest (10)/Deceitful (10)
-Just (10)/Arbitrary (10)
-Merciful (13)/Cruel (7)
-Modest (13)/Proud (7)
Prudent (4)/Reckless (16)
Spiritual (10)/Worldly (10)
Temperate (13)/Indulgent (7)
Trusting (10)/Suspicious (10)
-Valorous (15)/Cowardly (5)
(Chivalry score: 72/96)

Attributes:
Size: 12
Dexterity: 6
Strength: 18
Constitution: 21
Appearance: 6
Damage: 5d6
HP: 33
Healing rate: 4 HP per week
Movement rate: 2
Threshold of unconsciousness: 8 HP

Distinctive Features:
Excessively hairy
Red and weather beaten skin
Birthmark near his left eye that looks like a claw with three tendrils coming off the side.

Skills: 
Awareness: 5
Boating 1
Compose 1
Courtesy 3
Dancing 10
Faerie Lore 1
Falconry 3
First Aid 15
Flirting 3
Folk Lore 2
Gaming 10
Heraldry 3
Hunting 2
Intrigue 3
Orate 3
Play ([Harp]) 3
Read (Latin) 0
Recognize 3
Religion (Roman Christian) 2
Romance 7
Singing 2
Stewardship 2
Swimming 2
Tourney 10

Combat Skills:
Battle [tactics, essentially] 15
Horsemanship 10
Sword 15
Lance 10
Spear 6
Dagger 5

Army:
1 Old knight
1 Middle-aged knight
4 Young knights
16 Other male relatives
72 Peasants

Horses:
2 chargers (warhorse)
3 rouncys (normal horse)
1 sumpter (packhorse)

Equipment:
Chainmail (10 pts of armor)
Shield (6 pts of armor)
Sword
Dagger
2 spears
Personal gear
Travel gear
War gear (including a lance and spare sword)
Fine clothing (worth 1
£)

Other Info:
Born: 463
Squired: 479
Knighted: [484]
Landed: [484]
Family characteristic: Natural healer

I'll note that you are two ugly men.

A few explanations of stuff:

*Attributes, Skills, & Combat Skills are simple. Wanna sing a good song? Roll for Singing. Lift a heavy object? Roll for Strength. Whack that guy with your sword? You guessed it... roll for Sword. A skill of 20 indicates guaranteed success (assuming there are no modifiers for the situation), and a skill of 0 indicates certain failure (unless you have a skill of 0, there is a 5% of chance of a critical success no matter your skill level. On the other hand, unless you have a skill of 20, there is also always a 5% chance of spectacular failure).
*Personality Traits are similar, but have more to do with your behavior. Want to spare a hated enemy on the field of battle? That's laudable, but you're gonna have to do a Merciful roll, etc. etc. 
*Passions are strong convictions you have. There are a few situations in which they might be tested like Skills and Traits, but it's more likely that they will be invoked. Invoking a Passion gives you a chance to greatly increase your odds of success in a given situation. There are times where a Passion might be automatically invoked, but you can also ask at any given time. Be careful, though... failure on a Passion roll can result in everything from brief bouts of crippling depression to madness. Additionally, succeeding at a Passion roll but then failing the task you were attempting has similar consequences.

Successes at any of the above can result in checks. Checks give you a chance, at the end of the in-game year, to increase your statistic. Passions can also be lowered by failures. You can sometimes gain checks in Traits by merely acting in a certain way without rolling (generally in a situation where a roll wouldn't make contextual sense or would be frivolous).

Unless you have a strong preference otherwise, I will handle all the rolls and checks and whatnot, letting y'all focus on the story without all the mechanical stuff. If you would like a roll to be made, let me know. Just be aware that certain actions will require rolls - mostly major stuff. I won't require a Singing roll, if, say, you just want to sing a campfire song while adventuring with your buddies - but if you want to regale the entire court of Earl Roderick with a paean to the glories of knighthood... yeah, that'll take a Singing roll (possibly a Compose roll too, if your character wrote the song himself. Then again, if you yourself actually wrote the whole song, I'd be inclined to let it slide without a Compose roll).

Quick reference chart for money:

Spoiler

1£ = 20 shillings = 144 denarii

An income of below 3£ per year, for a knight, indicates extreme poverty. 3£-5£ per year is simply poverty. 6£-10£ per year is ordinary. 11£-14£ is rich. 15£+ is extremely rich.

Your manors provide an income of 10£ per year, so if you ever need to buy anything (honestly a relatively rare 
occurrence), that's how much you have with which to spend. At the end of the year, any leftovers will just be spent on your nebulously defined 'lifestyle maintanence.' If you become rich, you will have the option of spending your excess cash (and gaining Glory) or saving it for the future. But you aren't rich yet... you have to earn that.

Ok, gee, I think that's all. Let me know if there are any other questions. Let the game begin!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The morning sun beats down upon the courtyard of Vagon Castle [map of Salisbury County as a whole here and a zoomed-in map of your area here]. You stand in the courtyard awaiting Sir Elad, Marshal of Salisbury, Castellan of Vagon, and the man responsible for your training these past five years (along, of course, with the knights you are each squired to). Today promises to be simply another day of training, though Sir Elad implied last night that he had something special in store for you today.

Whatever it is he has planned, he's taking his precious time about it. He has a penchant for oversleeping - perhaps that's what's taking him so long.

As you wait, you have some time to spend in conversation...

Edited by BreezeCauthon

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

Are there any more soon-to-be knights?

There are not.

Sir Elad strolls onto the field. "My apologies, lads! I lost track of time - you know how it is..." he shakes his head. "Anyhow, best to get started. Lance practice first. Then we'll have a horse race, I think, and then... the interesting bit." He waggles his bushy eyebrows mysteriously. "Go fetch your horses from the stables, then charge that target over there."

[I'm now going to bed :) If anybody else is still awake, you can RP up to the actual moment the lance hits the target ... the result will be decided by me.]

9 minutes ago, Dannex said:

It's a King Arthur Pendragon roleplay. I believe people can still join, but that's up to Breeze.

Speaking of new people joining, I had an idea for later on in the series, after it would be difficult to add people, could other people who were interested in playing but thought it would be too complicated play as certain NPCs?

@BreezeCauthon (whenever you wake up)

18 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Of course." Langston picked the strongest horse of the lot (hah). "Shall we be off, then?"

"Without a doubt." Alaveir charged forward on his Charger. (You want puns? Have some puns)

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Is ye olden speake prefered, or should we just use good ol' modern slang?

If you want to use ye olden speake, knock yourself out. Otherwise, you can use modern language (though I'd stay away from slang).

9 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

It's a King Arthur Pendragon roleplay. I believe people can still join, but that's up to Breeze.

Speaking of new people joining, I had an idea for later on in the series, after it would be difficult to add people, could other people who were interested in playing but thought it would be too complicated play as certain NPCs?

People can still join if they would like. I honestly don't foresee it being too hard to add new people, but yeah, if they were intimidated they could take over NPCs if they wanted.

Alaveir hits the target successfully, followed by an equally successful attempt by Langston. Sir Elad claps. "That was well done, the both of you! I'll give you a moment before the horse race. Let me know when you are ready."

"Very well. On your marks gentlemen... get set... GO!" The two squires spur their horses off, leaving a cloud of dust. It's a close race- both horses start strong, but falter about three quarters of the way through. At the home stretch, Alaveir's steed pulls ahead every so slightly to win the race.

"Bravo! Congratulations, Alaveir! No shame, Langston. It was a good matchup." Sir Elad smiles, and waits a moment to let the two squires recover from the race - and to give Alaveir a moment to bask in his victory.

[Alaveir earns 1 Glory for winning the race. Enjoy it :) ]