Let's talk about Loki on Dsney+. 

I have high hopes for the show. Tom Hiddleston is a gem. His humor is wonderful and dry. Was the 1st episode great? Admittedly not. It had good moments, but did not blow me away. For the most part it was setting up the premise of the series and was a bit slow. However, if Marvel takes advantage of what they have here it could be excellent.

The episode was slow in that it had so many flashbacks to things we had already seen. But it is setting up something with so much potential. I definitely loved Mobius as a therapist digging deep into who Loki really is. Tom Hiddleston has just absolutely knocked it out of the park with Loki’s character. I genuinely feel the biggest reason this show exists is because of how much fans love him and his performances. And I am so looking forward to it. 

So here is my hot take on the 1st two episodes. Although I mentioned the 1st episode in passing in my first post there were a couple of things that I wanted to get to. 1st: I now want a infinity stone paper weight! That was such a good way to deflate Loki. 2nd: Owen Wilson's Mobius is such a good complement to Tom Hiddleston. We need more. 3rd: Those time collars are fun. 4th: Show us these time keepers of whom you speak. I'm curious now.

Now for episode 2. This Loki variant is wiping the floor with the TVA. Loki you really do like to talk a bit much. Maybe you could tone it down a little. Pompeii if you had to go at least Loki made it entertaining. The body jumping of this variant is a bit dizzying, but in the end she shut Loki up. It felt appropriate. Does anyone else really want to see what the deal with these Time Keepers are? Multiverse birth anyone?

I think that I enjoy Loki more than the other MCU TV shows. It's just so good. (Even if the endings are way too big of spoilers!) It's got a lot of mystery and Loki is just awesome.

Episode 3 Spoilers

Spoiler

Wait, the TVA workers are variants as well? That's a whole new can of worms. I wonder how Mobius will react.

Also, if Mobius doesn't get a jet ski before the end of the show, I will scream.

Edited by Shard of Reading

My theory on the TVA (has some Episode 3 spoilers):

Spoiler

I think the TVA may be a city built within the Quantum Realm itself. It’s mentioned that time flows differently there, which we’ve seen before. The revelation that all of the TVA workers are variants unaware make me tend to believe the entire operation of what they’re doing is a sham, but someone is utilizing the Quantum Realm to make it real. Not sure what the main goal for all of it is though. 

7 hours ago, Andy92 said:

My theory on the TVA (has some Episode 3 spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

I think the TVA may be a city built within the Quantum Realm itself. It’s mentioned that time flows differently there, which we’ve seen before. The revelation that all of the TVA workers are variants unaware make me tend to believe the entire operation of what they’re doing is a sham, but someone is utilizing the Quantum Realm to make it real. Not sure what the main goal for all of it is though. 

You're not the only one to come to that conclusion.

10 hours ago, Invocation said:

You're not the only one to come to that conclusion.

That’s cool. I usually only have the movies to go off of cause I’m not really a comic reader. A lot of online discussion with these shows usually ends up with “well this is what happens in a similar comic” and then introduces people I’ve never heard of lol. 

I’ve really been enjoying this show. It was the Disney+ one I was looking forward to the most after the announcements and so far it’s lived up to the hype. 

I am enjoying the show so far. But I must admit part of me finished every episode just feeling confused. I am still wondering where this is ultimately going especially since we are apparently already halfway through the series. Can’t wait to see Loki in action more. And does anyone know if the song he sang in Ep. 3 is a real Norwegian song I could find a recording of or was it just written for the show? I enjoyed that part. 

7 hours ago, Philomath said:

I am enjoying the show so far. But I must admit part of me finished every episode just feeling confused. I am still wondering where this is ultimately going especially since we are apparently already halfway through the series. Can’t wait to see Loki in action more. And does anyone know if the song he sang in Ep. 3 is a real Norwegian song I could find a recording of or was it just written for the show? I enjoyed that part. 

It was actually in Norwegian (a couple of people have translated it), but I think it was just written for the show.

23 hours ago, Lunamor said:

It was actually in Norwegian (a couple of people have translated it), but I think it was just written for the show.

I just read some more about it. It was written just for the show. And it is planned to be on the show’s soundtrack. So I’ll definitely be looking into that. 

Ah! I’m just so glad there was a mid-credits scene for this one. I think that was my favorite episode so far. 

Editing to add

Spoiler

My reactions after all of it. 
He’s got to save Mobius! He’s got to get back to Sylvie. Sylvie thinks he’s dead! Also yay for more Loki variants. Was the alligator also a separate variant or just a pet? 

Edited by Philomath

I thought Episode 5 was the best out of the series but it was not that good. There are some major problems.

Spoiler

For example why does the cloud stop when Sylvie stops to notice Owen Willson. 

Spoiler

Also why do we have Loki and Sylvie talking while sharing the blanket. When they could be fighting the monster.

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

Yes!! Heartbreaking and reality breaking all at the same time!! Stuck the landing on this one!

The show was one of my favorite MCU related shows/movies in general. Can’t wait for Phase 4 to really get going now.