Elf_at_heart

Hello everybody!

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody! It's my first time here. I mainly came to this site because I was getting really sick of having nobody to discuss the Cosmere with. 

So. I first got into the Cosmere way back in February of this year when I picked up Mistborn- The Final Empire. And I was so sure that I wouldn't read any other Cosmere books, because they all just seemed so big. Here I am, nearly five months later, with only Rhythm of War and Arcanum Unbounded left to finish reading the Cosmere. I have less than 300 pages left to finish Rhythm of War, and I will read Arcanum Unbounded later this month. And oh my god, what an amazing experience this has been. Sorry for the long rant. I am just so happy to finally have people to tell all this to. Oh, and can someone please tell me how to tag my posts?

Edited by Elf_at_heart

Welcome!

And thanks for making me feel not so insane anymore. I started The Final Empire in december and have since read the rest of the Cosmere (except White Sands). I'm already considering starting rereading everything because it's such an amazing ride! ^_^

Posted (edited)

Nice!

Who's your favourite character?

Edited by Elf_at_heart

2 minutes ago, Elf_at_heart said:

Who's your favourite character?

Lopen. So agressively optimistic and insane in a good way. Always makes me smile. :D

Who's yours?

2 minutes ago, Marukka said:

Lopen. So agressively optimistic and insane in a good way. Always makes me smile. :D

Who's yours?

Kelsier. And Kaladin if I get to pick two.

8 hours ago, Elf_at_heart said:

Hello everybody! It's my first time here. I mainly came to this site because I was getting really sick of having nobody to discuss the Cosmere with. 

So. I first got into the Cosmere way back in February of this year when I picked up Mistborn- The Final Empire. And I was so sure that I wouldn't read any other Cosmere books, because they all just seemed so big. Here I am, nearly five months later, with only Rhythm of War and Arcanum Unbounded left to finish reading the Cosmere. I have less than 300 pages left to finish Rhythm of War, and I will read Arcanum Unbounded later this month. And oh my god, what an amazing experience this has been. Sorry for the long rant. I am just so happy to finally have people to tell all this to. Oh, and can someone please tell me how to tag my posts?

I can relate, Gancho. I started in October and just need to get my hands on Dawnshard and Elantris to finish my Cosmere journey, but I haven't been able to get any of my friends to read any Cosmere despite my desperate pleas.

Also, tags are under the place where you enter your title. You can only tag new topic posts and not replies though.

4 minutes ago, CrypticSpren said:

I can relate, Gancho. I started in October and just need to get my hands on Dawnshard and Elantris to finish my Cosmere journey, but I haven't been able to get any of my friends to read any Cosmere despite my desperate pleas.

Also, tags are under the place where you enter your title. You can only tag new topic posts and not replies though.

That's amazing. And Elantris, though being Brandon Sanderson's debut novel, is still an amazing story. As for Dawnshard, I don't think that it has a physical copy yet and I hate reading ebooks. So I'm going to have wait till they come out with a physical copy to read it. I can totally relate to not having anybody else who has read the Cosmere. It's why I came to this site.

Also, thank you so much for telling me about the tags, but I knew that. I should have been more specific. I meant like is there a set of tags that you have to choose from, or can you just write anything? Thank you for replying to me, gancho. :)

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Elf_at_heart said:

Also, thank you so much for telling me about the tags, but I knew that. I should have been more specific. I meant like is there a set of tags that you have to choose from, or can you just write anything? Thank you for replying to me, gancho. :)

There aren't any specific tags you have to choose from, so you can write anything and many people do so.

And welcome to the Shard!

Edited by Honorless

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Honorless said:

There aren't any specific tags you have to choose from, so you can write anything and many people do so.

And welcome to the Shard!

Thank you so much! 

And I am extremely happy to be here! :)

Edited by Elf_at_heart

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

3 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character?

Thanks! 

If you are talking about an antagonist who was supposed to be unlikeable- Amaram. I just can't get over what he did to Kaladin.

And if you are talking about a protagonist that I didn't like- maybe Eshonai. She just seemed a bit...stuck-up.