time travel

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

so I have not read Era two yet, but I know that there is a metal that allows to slow down time for you, or faster. whichever one works, but say if you get a store of loads and loads of said metal, then used duralumin with it, so you end up in the future.

Technically that would work, but you would just seem to be standing in the same place for hundreds of years and anyone who came inside you cadmium? bubble would join you on your trip to the future.

I don't think there's been WOB as to whether duralumin increases the effect of or increases the size of speed bubbles, so this manner of time traveller might be possible but isn't necessarily. Also as far as we know there isn't anyone able to burn both cadmium and duralumin on Scadrial, though obviously hemalurgy exists.

13 hours ago, CrypticSpren said:

I don't think there's been WOB as to whether duralumin increases the effect of or increases the size of speed bubbles, so this manner of time traveller might be possible but isn't necessarily. Also as far as we know there isn't anyone able to burn both cadmium and duralumin on Scadrial, though obviously hemalurgy exists.

Duralumin makes you basically super-flare your currently burning metals, so you'd be able to form a bubble that compressed time to an extreme degree, making the outside a blur.

And yeah it would be problematic for anyone else who ended up inside the bubble. Might be wise to lock yourself somewhere inconspicuous yet out of the way so nobody even bothers trying to get in.

47 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Duralumin makes you basically super-flare your currently burning metals, so you'd be able to form a bubble that compressed time to an extreme degree, making the outside a blur.

And yeah it would be problematic for anyone else who ended up inside the bubble. Might be wise to lock yourself somewhere inconspicuous yet out of the way so nobody even bothers trying to get in.

yeah, I was thinking the same thing.