Ishar's abilities and position

Okay, so I was listening to the new Shardcast and I was reading through some threads today when I realized that there's something I don't think is being discussed much about Ishar. That he's basically a cult-leader of an entire nation and also an unchained Bondsmith. I began to wonder how that position and those powers combine. I have a few thoughts about it. 

First, the Shardcast mentioned how the Tukari are shrouded in shadow in Shadesmar and that it looks like the Midnight Mother's creations. Some one in the Shardcast (I think it Ian) mentioned that it could be "identity shenanigans" that caused this. Well, it might not be Ishar's Bondsmith powers that caused those identity issues but the fact that they're in a cult run by Ishar. The later fact would strip them of a lot or all of their identity outside of their religion which could lead to their appearance in Shadesmar being reduced to just their membership in said religion. The reason they look like Midnight Essence is a thematic parallel on Brandon's part. Alternatively, he could also just be experimenting on them like he experiments with spren. Instead of making spren more human, maybe he's trying to make his members more like the Midnight Essence causing the shadowed appearance. Ishar could promise something like eternal paradise if they let him experiment on them. This later theory seemed to be one discussed in the Shardcast.

Second, why did the Tukari assault Notum the Windspren? Well, if we look to cults as our guide, there's a good reason for this. One of the aspect of Jonestown was that Jim Jones forced long hours of physical activity followed by long sermons. As I understand it, the hours of physical activity and plus lack of sleep ground away at any psychological barriers they might have had against Jones's influence. This allowed him to step in and mess with them to the point of their being willing to kill themselves. Similarly, maybe the physical strain of being beat up would provide an opening for Ishar to hack a spren's Identity using his Bondsmith powers. EDIT: there was something similar to this mentioned in the Shardcast

Thoughts? Any place where I was wrong historically? 

Edited by DougTheRug