Agreement

Bound

Trapped

Contract

whatever it’s beside the point, at the end of the day it will remain

No it won't an Oath cannot be broken, a prison can,

MB

Spoiler

Ruin eventually would have escaped with or without Vin.

So the binding Honor did, doesn't matter anywhere near as much as an Oath does.

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

No it won't an Oath cannot be broken, a prison can,

MB

Reveal hidden contents

Ruin eventually would have escaped with or without Vin.

So the binding Honor did, doesn't matter anywhere near as much as an Oath does.

What I’m saying is that contract 2 added nothing 

No Oath was made

Just now, Frustration said:

THE contract is an oath, and as such Odium is forced to remain in the Rosharan system so long as it is in effect.

I’m saying the Contract/Oath (whatever you want to call it) had nothing in it saying Odium is now bound to the system

It says he Remains bound implying that it’s saying the first agreement/trap/bound/whatever you want to call it, is what’s keeping him their 

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

I’m saying the Contract/Oath (whatever you want to call it) had nothing in it saying Odium is now bound to the system

It says he Remains bound implying that it’s saying the first agreement/trap/bound/whatever you want to call it, is what’s keeping him their 

and if it where removed what happens?

he can't violate the contract, so either he binds himself or interprets the contract as binding him, the actual binding itself is now redundent.

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

and if it where removed what happens?

he can't violate the contract, so either he binds himself or interprets the contract as binding him, the actual binding itself is now redundent.

If Agreement (this is what I’m referring it as for convenience) is broken Odium is freed 

If Contract is broken he is not

If Dalinar breaks it himself it might be different since it would put him in Odiums power and holes in souls but that could go either way 

But the point is neither has to do with the words in the contract 

Just the act of breaking it (unless a WoB contradicts me)

Edited by Bejardin1250

1 minute ago, Bejardin1250 said:

If Agreement (this is what I’m referring it as for convenience) is broken Odium is freed 

If Contract is broken he is not

If Dalinar breaks it himself it might be different since it would put him in Odiums power and holes in souls but that could go either way 

But the point is neither has to do with the words in the contract 

Just the act of breaking it (unless a WoB contradicts me)

but the binding becomes removeable, it's the difference between shackles, and irremoveable ones

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

but the binding becomes removeable, it's the difference between shackles, and irremoveable ones

We are clearly having a disconnect in communication 

You are saying that the Contract adds a security to Odiums Bonding

I disagree

Am I right with this?

We are clearly having a disconnect in communication 

You are saying that the Contract adds a security to Odiums Bonding

I disagree

Am I right with this?

Makes it impossible for him to leave rather than increadibly difficult, but yes.

Just now, Frustration said:

Makes it impossible for him to leave rather than increadibly difficult, but yes.

Ok glad we cleared up the disagreement (I hope)

Is this an agree to disagree or do you have a reason I’m wrong?

Because I can’t prove you wrong and can’t prove me right except for what I’ve already said

Ok glad we cleared up the disagreement (I hope)

Is this an agree to disagree or do you have a reason I’m wrong?

Because I can’t prove you wrong and can’t prove me right except for what I’ve already said

I can barely follow this but sure.

7 hours ago, ScadrianTank said:

If a duel that was foreshadowed as far as book 1 will be undermined by Odium just throwing a five-year-old at Dalinar, I'm gonna riot. There have to be other ways of bringing Dalinar low that don't involve children as opponents. 

Then what’s your idea?

2 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I never said it does...

I’m just asking, is that not allowed?

Given the context that was the most likely follow up, especially as this isn't a discussion of possible Odium plans but the Child champion theory.

I may have come off too forceful with that and I am sorry.

Edited by Frustration

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Given the context that was the most likely follow up, especially as this isn't a discussion of possible Odium plans but the Child champion theory.

I may have come off too forceful with that and I am sorry.

It’s fine

I’m trying to make a general “who do you think the Champion will be” thread and it should be posted soon

2 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Then what’s your idea?

I don't really have anything better. The last line I added to my KoW predictions doc is "TOdium will make Vyre his avatar." And it would be fine as just a big battle, similar to Vin's last fight in HoA, where she Ascended halfway through, a duel between Ascended Dalinar and Odium's avatar would be big and flashy. But it doesn't have any emotional impact on us, the readers, or Dalinar himself because, at this point, Moash is just an evil dude. It's actually worse because it robs us of a potential resolution of Moash and Kaladin. Same thing with Szeth, he is a significant threat, but it would just be a magical fight. Adolin could be a great foil for Dalinar, but he doesn't have magical powers to oppose a Bondsmith. 

8 hours ago, ScadrianTank said:

I don't really have anything better. The last line I added to my KoW predictions doc is "TOdium will make Vyre his avatar." And it would be fine as just a big battle, similar to ************, a duel between Ascended Dalinar and Odium's avatar would be big and flashy. But it doesn't have any emotional impact on us, the readers, or Dalinar himself because, at this point, Moash is just an evil dude. It's actually worse because it robs us of a potential resolution of Moash and Kaladin. Same thing with Szeth, he is a significant threat, but it would just be a magical fight. Adolin could be a great foil for Dalinar, but he doesn't have magical powers to oppose a Bondsmith. 

MB spoilers

and there was no halfay about it.

Edited by Frustration

14 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

It’s fine

I’m trying to make a general “who do you think the Champion will be” thread and it should be posted soon

There have been several threads about this already, including a poll:

My opinion is that if you somehow still think Gavilar isn't the obvious Champion for Odium, you are not paying attention.

6 hours ago, AquaRegia said:

My opinion is that if you somehow still think Gavilar isn't the obvious Champion for Odium, you are not paying attention.

I have been paying attention 

But most people have not been

And that is why it won’t be Gavilar

5 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

I have been paying attention 

But most people have not been

And that is why it won’t be Gavilar

I wish we could make a bet.  One of us will just have to settle for a nice big "I told you so" in 2023.  ;-)

On 6/8/2021 at 9:51 AM, AquaRegia said:

Have you seen my theories?

I pay far more attention than shoud ever be paid.

Gaviar is possible, but second to El, by a lot.