Announcer

Hello there fellow airsick lowlanders!

15 posts in this topic

Hello there all you weird and wonderful people of the 17thShard ! I feel thrilled to finally join you !

Before I go any further ,I would like you to know that I am here because I accepted an obscure job application, titled "Hunting Hoid" .Well ,I am ready and await further instructions :D

I am relatively new to Shanderson's work but suffice it to say that it's taking me by storm! Just yesterday I finished The Hero of Ages ! I started reading Shanderson last Jun and since then I have read the four Stormlight books ,Warbreaker and now Mistborn era 1. Plus I can't wait to get my hands on Elantris and Arcanum Unbounded ! I am a huge fan of fantasy and worldbuilding in general and I adore the Cosmere. I made the decision to join your community ,because non of my friends has read any cosmere books yet (although I am turning them arround) and I just needed  to talk with people about the shear brilliance of Brandon Shanderson's work and perhaps make a few new friends along the way. I should also mention that it's my first time joining a wed forum and I hope I don't embarrass myself too much before I understand how everything works. My question to you is  : Is anything ,other than writing about spoilers in the right forum ,that i should have in mind or worry about when i participate in the discussions etc. ?

Thanks for having me.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi. That's a long first post. It's good though. I'm new too. That's it for today folks! 

Edited by Fireball300
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, Announcer said:

My question to you is  : Is anything ,other than writing about spoilers in the right forum ,that i should have in mind or worry about when i participate in the discussions etc. ?

I admit that I am quiet new here too, but so far I haven't encountered any hidden dangers. I did read that some members do not like swearing as storming much as I do, so I try to tune that down. B)

So welcome aboard! To you too, Fireball300!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to you as well! in a moment a man will come along by the name of @Not an Ooklato ask you who youre least favourite character is. be sure to say the only correct answer :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marukka said:

 

I admit that I am quiet new here too, but so far I haven't encountered any hidden dangers. I did read that some members do not like swearing as storming much as I do, so I try to tune that down. B)

So welcome aboard! To you too, Fireball300!

Thats understandable I will keep the swearing to the cosmere approved minimum (starvin, colourless....) :D  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Phlipz1 said:

Hello to you as well! in a moment a man will come along by the name of @Not an Ooklato ask you who youre least favourite character is. be sure to say the only correct answer :)

Hmmm interesting. Well by my least favourite you mean sb that is written in way that makes him/her unlickable (like an antagonist perhaps) or sb that I personally find really obnoxious? If its the former ,then I really HATE Vyre (using that name to avoid spoilers).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that is the correct answer to give! Good answer mate 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Phlipz1 said:

Hello to you as well! in a moment a man will come along by the name of @Not an Ooklato ask you who youre least favourite character is. be sure to say the only correct answer :)

Oh heyyyyyyyyyyy!

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character (I know you answered that part already) and describe why you hate Moash in 3 words.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Oh heyyyyyyyyyyy!

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character (I know you answered that part already) and describe why you hate Moash in 3 words.

Wow ,that's difficult. How to encapsulate my immence hatred for that person...I will go with

He killed E (:name) :angry:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Announcer said:

Wow ,that's difficult. How to encapsulate my immence hatred for that person...I will go with

He killed E (:name) :angry:

I'll admit I have no idea who you're talking about but okay!

Edit: Never mind, I googled it

Edited by Not an Ookla
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I really HATE Vyre

That is my new favorite quote :) 

Anyways! Welcome to the Shard! I couldn’t agree more with that answer to your least favorite character, how about your favorite cosmere character?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

I'll admit I have no idea who you're talking about but okay!

Edit: Never mind, I googled it

Really?I was kind of worried to say anything more cause of spoilers.

Anyway, how do you feel about Vyre? And if you agree with me how would you summarise it in 3 words ? (it was a challenge for me and i'm curious to see how will you handle it :) )

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maddie The Succulent said:

That is my new favorite quote :) 

Anyways! Welcome to the Shard! I couldn’t agree more with that answer to your least favorite character, how about your favorite cosmere character?

 

Please fill free to make it a meme or a T-shirt :lol:

I am not awfully original about my favourite character either , my first choise would certainly be Dalinar. The internal comflict he faces trying to reconsile his past with the person he wants to become ,as well as his commitment to a set of higher ideals despite the external pressure he faces really resonates with me.

But having read Mistborn era 1 now, I have to say I love Sazed as much as Dalinar. What I believe is great about Saze is that he is a very wise and capable person but he is also very humble about it . He never tries to overshadow or judge anyone and can genuinly find validity in other peoples opinions.

But thats enough of what I think, I am really interested to read who is/are your favorite cosmere character/-s. And I mean all of you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Announcer said:

Really?I was kind of worried to say anything more cause of spoilers.

Anyway, how do you feel about Vyre? And if you agree with me how would you summarise it in 3 words ? (it was a challenge for me and i'm curious to see how will you handle it :) )

"I don't know." That's three words! :D. Or "gives bad vibes".

6 hours ago, Announcer said:

Please fill free to make it a meme or a T-shirt :lol:

I am not awfully original about my favourite character either , my first choise would certainly be Dalinar. The internal comflict he faces trying to reconsile his past with the person he wants to become ,as well as his commitment to a set of higher ideals despite the external pressure he faces really resonates with me.

But having read Mistborn era 1 now, I have to say I love Sazed as much as Dalinar. What I believe is great about Saze is that he is a very wise and capable person but he is also very humble about it . He never tries to overshadow or judge anyone and can genuinly find validity in other peoples opinions.

But thats enough of what I think, I am really interested to read who is/are your favorite cosmere character/-s. And I mean all of you.

My favorite Cosmere character is currently Venli!

Also, just a quick note that you can quote multiple people in one post with the plus button, because double posting is generally frowned upon here!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

"I don't know." That's three words! :D. Or "gives bad vibes".

My favorite Cosmere character is currently Venli!

Also, just a quick note that you can quote multiple people in one post with the plus button, because double posting is generally frowned upon here!

Hahaha I agree 

Cool ,she is another multidimensional character

Oh ok thank you for the tip.I was actually wandering how to do that

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.