Ultimate Favorite Cosmere Religions [Poll]

Ultimate Favorite Cosmere Religions [Multiple-Choice Poll]  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which religion(s) are your favorite or would consider following in the cosmere?

• Shu-Keseg (Sel)
    • Shu-Korath (Sel)
    • Shu-Dereth (Sel)
    • Jesker and/or Jeskeri Mysteries (Sel)
    • worship of Elantrians (Sel)
    • any of Sazed's portfolio — Jaism, Truths of the Bennet, Trelagism, HaDah, religions of the Cazzi, Dadradah, Larsta, Astalsi, Valla, or the worship of Duis (Scadrial)
    • religion of the Steel Ministry and/or Sliverism (Scadrial)
    • Church of the Survivor / Survivorism (Scadrial)
    • The Path (Scadrial)
    • Ker’Reen Philosophy (Taldain)
    • worship of the God Beyond (Threnody)
    • Vorinism (Roshar)
    • Cult of the Returned and/or Iridescent Tones (Nalthis)
    • Austrism (Nalthis)
    • religion of the Hexi (Roshar)
    • religion of the Tukari (Roshar)
    • religion of the Emuli (Roshar)
    • religion of the Azish / worship of the Kadasixes (Roshar)
    • religion of the Tashikki (Roshar)
    • Stone Shamanism (Roshar)
    • The One (Roshar)

So, I realized that as much as I am a religious geek in real life, I am a geek of all the many cosmere religions and love them all differently and uniquely (much as I do IRL, but I digress). This poll was just out of curiosity, maybe promote discussion? I love most of these religions, but my top favorite is Survivorism (solely because I love Kelsier).

(This is in a RoW thread because... I have a fear of accidentally spoiling it?)

Edited by Knight of Iron

I'm choosing both Beyoundism and The Path at once, The Path's tenets are basically "be a good person" and "speak to Harmony at least once a day" so I don't think they're incompatible

6 hours ago, Frustration said:

Beyondism can be found on Sel and Roshar.

And is also my answer.

For Sel there's Shai (who calls them the Unknown God) and on Scadrial there Wayne but I don't remember anyone talking about the God Beyond on Roshar

@Knight of Iron You should had Trellism (the religion of the Set) it has significant differences with the original Trellism (for starter Trell is almost certainly not the same person)

Don't forget the Purelaker religion from Roshar and the Pantheon from First of the Sun! There was also the religion on Roshar that believed that everyday a new you wakes up in your body, and the old you dies when you go to sleep at night.

I chose the Path, because it's pretty chill. It's not even about belief or veneration, nor a strict philosophy, more a way of life, and I'm all about that.

Edited by Honorless

53 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Ahhh how do I edit the poll?

I had initially maxed out at the 30 limit, then combined some of them, but it still won't let me add more...

Yeah, 30's the limit, you have 21 though so it should be editable. Polls can be edited the same way as with any other topic, you press the edit button below your text post, it's not located below the poll but the post. Now you can edit the poll, the big blue button at the top that says Content, click it & select Poll from the drop-down menu to open the page with the poll, and voila, add options by clicking the plus button on bottom right.

Ikr, polls are confusing on this site. I remember when I first tried to create a poll and it wouldn't upload, because I needed to fill both the Poll page & Content page to be able to upload it.

Edited by Honorless

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Yeah, 30's the limit, you have 21 though so it should be editable. Polls can be edited the same way as with any other topic, you press the edit button below your text post, it's not located below the poll but the post. Now you can edit the poll, the big blue button at the top that says topic, click it to open the page with the poll, and voila, add options by clicking the plus button on bottom right.

But I initially filled it all the way out to 30, with The One being numbered 30, and even though I have space for more it won't let me add any because it's confused, I guess.

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

But I initially filled it all the way out to 30, with The One being numbered 30, and even though I have space for more it won't let me add any because it's confused, I guess.

Technical error? Report it to a mod then

The One is the closest to the way I already see the universe. It seems to be the case that all matter and energy was once compressed into a single point, which expanded and became everything. I don't believe the forces involved had desire or consciousness, physics seems to explain it all just fine, but still. It's pretty amazing to look at the infinite expanse and imagine that it was all one thing.