Sinovar's Secret

Frustration

I've been almost completly certain of this for a while now, but I finally have confirmation.

The Shin have been worshiping an Unmade.

I know it's crazy, but hear me out.

There is most definetly an Unmade in Shinovar

"The Diagram indicated it was likely one or more of the Unmade had set up there." - RoW page 191

Additionally Ishar says

"'The Shin had accepted the Unmade. Tried to make gods of them.'" -RoW page 1160

So we know almost without doubt that there was at least one Unmade in Shinovar, however that doesn't prove that they were being worshipped.

"'My people," Szeth shouted, "were not going to return your weapons to you.' -RoW page 1160

The Shin hold the Heralds in high reguards, minor deities, but why would they refuse to return their weapons?

Unless a higher power told them not to.

"Szeth was muttering to himself. "How did he know? How did the old fool know?"

"Know what?" Dalinar said as he drifted near Szeth. "Ishar? How did he know about your people?""-RoW Page 1163

What did Ishar know? The only thing Ishar said that he shouldn't have already known, was that the Shin were worshiping an Unmade.

Just now, Frustration said:

What are you saying exactly?

In the last quote you provided, Szeth is talking about Taravangian, not Ishar. Dalinar is confused and thinks he's talking about what Ishar said because he doesn't know about the conversation Szeth and Mr.T had in interlude 9.

I completely agree with this purely on the second quote

6 hours ago, Frustration said:

The Shin had accepted the Unmade. Tried to make gods of them.'" -RoW page 1160

What is the other option to trying to make a g-d of something?

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

I've been almost completly certain of this for a while now, but I finally have confirmation.

The Shin have been worshiping an Unmade.

I know it's crazy, but hear me out.

There is most definetly an Unmade in Shinovar

Additionally Ishar says

So we know almost without doubt that there was at least one Unmade in Shinovar, however that doesn't prove that they were being worshipped.

The Shin hold the Heralds in high reguards, minor deities, but why would they refuse to return their weapons?

Unless a higher power told them not to.

What did Ishar know? The only thing Ishar said that he shouldn't have already known, was that the Shin were worshiping an Unmade.

This is very possibile. 

Szeth also mentioned once the Death Rattles were very common in Shinovar. This mean Moellach was there not very long Time ago.

There are few questions then.

Are all Shins worshipping Unmade or just Stone Shamans? I think more possibile is the latter, because Szeth is going to kill only leaders of his country.

And witch Unmade is worshipped by Shin? Of course is not one we've seen before, because IT need to be IN Shinovar. Moellach was there long Time, can be him. But I Hope for my favorite mystery Unmade, Dai-Gonarthis.

Of course there is possibility Shin worship All od the Unmade.

8 hours ago, ScadrianTank said:

In the last quote you provided, Szeth is talking about Taravangian, not Ishar. Dalinar is confused and thinks he's talking about what Ishar said because he doesn't know about the conversation Szeth and Mr.T had in interlude 9.

I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it.

36 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it.

Just to show what I mean.

Row Interlude 9

“I will not serve you,” Szeth said. “I will not be manipulated by you again. My stone … was always only a stone.… My father said…”
“Your father is dead, Szeth,” Taravangian said. “Listen to me. Listen.” He read from the notebook. “‘Fortunately, I believe his ability to see us here is limited. Therefore, we may talk freely. I doubt you can harm Odium directly unless you are in one of his visions. You must get into one of those visions. Can you do this?’”

RoW Chapter 111

“Answer me!” Szeth screamed. “Did you kill the man who held that Blade before you?”
“Of course not, foolish man,” Ishar said, summoning his Blade. “The Shin serve the Heralds. They held my sword for me. They returned it when I revealed myself.”

Dalinar glanced at Szeth, who was alight with Stormlight—though it was being drawn at a ferocious rate into his weapon. “My people,” Szeth shouted, “were not going to return your weapons to you. We kept your secrets, but you lie if you say my father gave you that Blade!”
“Your father was barely a man when I found him,” Ishar said. “The Shin had accepted the Unmade. Tried to make gods of them. I saved them. And your father did give me this Blade. He thanked me for letting him die.”

Then after the one you quoted.

“No,” Szeth said. “No. I must go alone, but not yet. I must prepare. I have … something important to do. He knew. He should not have known.…

RoW Chapter 113

Szeth stood quietly, his illusion gone, his bald head—freshly shaved—reflecting the light of the spheres that had spilled from the basket.
“How did you know?” the Shin finally asked. “And how long have you known?”
“Kn-known?” Taravangian forced out, crawling to the side through the fearspren.
“My father,” Szeth said.
Taravangian blinked. He could barely understand the words, he was so stupid. Emotions fought inside him. Terror. Relief that it would soon be over.
“How did you know my father was dead?” Szeth demanded, striding into the room. “How did you know that Ishar reclaimed his sword? How?”

I also don't think that Szeth would call Herald a fool, even after a crazy fight. He is too respectful of them.

That doesn't detract from your theory at all, but still. 

I agree that it's extremely likely the elders of the Shin have fallen under the influence of an Unmade.

Also, I agree with @ScadrianTank on this point:

Szeth was muttering to himself. "How did he know? How did the old fool know?"

Szeth is very clearly speaking about the fact that Taravangian somehow knew Neturo was dead.  He's OBSESSING about it, as demonstrated by all the other quotes.  Dalinar, who has no knowledge of that conversation, misinterprets Szeth's mutterings to be about Ishar.