Harmony wants to Resurrect Vin

49 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Why would Wax lose against an Awakener?

Its extremely rare, I would think, to come against of an Awakener of 3rd heightening and a piece of cloth against Wax with a gun isn’t going to go well for the Awakener

It takes time for an Elantrian to draw an Aon and they won’t have that time

A full Mistborn can definitely beat most Knight Radient orders, Stormlight is not limitless

I don't see Wax beating any awakener he may come up against "as a sword of harmony" unlikely to come up against the weaker ones.

Also saying all an awakener has is "a piece of cloth" is a bit simplistic. 

I'd imagine since we last seen elantrians in elantris there grasp of AonDor has increased.

I dont think a full mist born beats radiants, like I concede stormlight runs out but so do metals

5 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

A full Mistborn can definitely beat most Knight Radient orders, Stormlight is not limitless

Not according to Brandon

Spoiler

Questioner

Who’d win, Vin or Kaladin?

Brandon Sanderson

On a battlefield Kaladin, off a battlefield probably Vin.

Calamity Seattle signing (Feb. 17, 2016)

Questioner

Who would win in a fight? Vin or Kaladin?

Brandon Sanderson

It depends on if you convince Vin the need to *inaudible*. Kaladin's a soldier. He wins on the battlefield. He does not win if you sneak up on him at night.

Arcanum Unbounded Hoboken signing (Dec. 3, 2016)

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

Not according to Brandon

Reveal hidden contents

Questioner

Who’d win, Vin or Kaladin?

Brandon Sanderson

On a battlefield Kaladin, off a battlefield probably Vin.

Calamity Seattle signing (Feb. 17, 2016)

Questioner

Who would win in a fight? Vin or Kaladin?

Brandon Sanderson

It depends on if you convince Vin the need to *inaudible*. Kaladin's a soldier. He wins on the battlefield. He does not win if you sneak up on him at night.

Arcanum Unbounded Hoboken signing (Dec. 3, 2016)

I said most Orders 

Windrunners are fighters they have a chance (Though I think an average person like Sigzil would lose)

but Edgedancer and Willshaper.... no chance

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

I said most Orders 

Windrunners are fighters they have a chance (Though I think an average person like Sigzil would lose)

but Edgedancer and Willshaper.... no chance

Look we have anoher thread for this, but Vin the highest skilled Mistborn we have ever seen loses to Kaladin, who can't even use his powers to the greatest exstent, both of these are pre-plate for him.

to claim an average Windrunner would lose to an average mistborn is disengeuous.

I will continue in Scadrian vs. if you wish

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

well this has grown from my bad idea into a debate about who would win a battle. me: shakes head laughingly. 

smh, the S v R thread is transmitting infectiously through the forums. Soon no one will be safe, soon the entire fandom will be split into a civil war that will make the creators of Batman v Superman and Godzilla v Kong green with envy. The war is inevitable. Odium reigns,

13 hours ago, The Technovore said:

smh, the S v R thread is transmitting infectiously through the forums. Soon no one will be safe, soon the entire fandom will be split into a civil war that will make the creators of Batman v Superman and Godzilla v Kong green with envy. The war is inevitable. Odium reigns,

This thread is not the first, nor will it be the last. S v R topic will spread into RoW Character discussions thread, then Cosmere thread. It will become a thread of threads, a mighty discussion whose post count far overshadowed those of its predecessors. It will forge a unified empire that covered half of the 17th Shard. An unparalleled feat!

On 6/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, ScadrianTank said:

This thread is not the first, nor will it be the last. S v R topic will spread into RoW Character discussions thread, then Cosmere thread. It will become a thread of threads, a mighty discussion whose post count far overshadowed those of its predecessors. It will forge a unified empire that covered half of the 17th Shard. An unparalleled feat!

It shall grow from that to splitting the entire cosmere, no every book and world ever created. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 10:05 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

okay so this might be a bit crazy but I think Sazed is going to resurrect vin (or try to) so I was reading row when I noticed in Saze's letter that he says that he needs something or someone that embodies both ruin and preservation to represent him the he says "a sword, say that can both protect and kill" I thought this could represent Nightblood but I remember in the well of ascension that Vin considered herself as a knife that can both protect and kill so what if Saze is referring to an adult vin being sent to Roshar since vin was seventeen in the well of ascension.

He was referring to Wax, who he called his Sword in BoM. 

I don't doubt that he does want to resurrect her, he 100% wants to, he loved Vin (In a Non-Romantic Manner). But yeah, his sword was Waxillium. 

12 minutes ago, Zoey said:

He was referring to Wax, who he called his Sword in BoM. 

I don't doubt that he does want to resurrect her, he 100% wants to, he loved Vin (In a Non-Romantic Manner). But yeah, his sword was Waxillium. 

yeah, I get it, sadly. I still wish Vin would come back for one more mission...

On 28.5.2021 at 9:29 PM, Mistborn Surgebinder said:

I think the resurrection of Vin would be quite possibly one of the worst ideas Sazed or Brandon has ever had.  It would completely undermine the scenes in both Hero of Ages and Secret History.  

Also.  Also.  Make Wax a kandra?  REMOVED BY MODERATOR. I have to go take a shower now.

Well, there is a grain of truth here. Harmony has a problem. As of the Bands of Mourning Waxillium Ladrian is approaching 45. The man lived most of his life without modern technology. He spent days on a horse. He has been shot many, many times. If he is to be Harmony's sword, that sword is already rusting and chipped.
Unless Harmony wants to draw his swords within the next few years, he will have to get a new sword or do something about Waxillium's aging.

5 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Well, there is a grain of truth here. Harmony has a problem. As of the Bands of Mourning Waxillium Ladrian is approaching 45. The man lived most of his life without modern technology. He spent days on a horse. He has been shot many, many times. If he is to be Harmony's sword, that sword is already rusting and chipped.
Unless Harmony wants to draw his swords within the next few years, he will have to get a new sword or do something about Waxillium's aging.

If that becomes too much of a propblem the Bands and Atium will fix it.

21 minutes ago, Nezus said:
Hi guys, I'm new!
Reading throughout this topic and I wonder (probably missed something, but I'm just starting digging deeper) why does Harmony needs a sword (wax)? On roshar we have champion's duel, but why does Scadrial need champion?

Wax isn't going to be playing a part on Roshar, he is going to help Harmony on Scadrial.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:28 AM, Honorless said:

Sazed did want to resurrect Vin but she chose to go into the Beyond. I don't think Sazed is the type to poke into cloning or anything like that and I don't think it's time yet for the Cosmere to get that sci-fi. I think he was just talking about getting a Champion of sorts, and from what we've seen, Wax could fill that role and is in the right place in the timeline.

This is exactly right, at the end of HoA Elend and Vin both choose to move on. Sazed restored their bodies but even then he states it was already too late.

It's important to note as well that Rhythm of War, chronologically, comes before Mistborn Era 2 has begun, so Sazed has decades craft this sword. Coincidentally I believe that's all the Odium is doing as well, he plans to wage war against other but cannot continue to do so as the nature of the Shard becomes overwhelming. The sword is strictly free from the constraints of the Shard's nature.