Skybreaker Division

Phlipz1

17 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Well, no mixing the magics does not do it. Otherwise all Radiants, mixing Honor and Cultivation, would be affected.

Is not simply mixing magic. Enlightened Spren are not standars "mix" they have rather part of them "patched" to them.

No, Thunderclasts also have red eyes. So alternative explanation: They have red eyes because Odium granted them Surges, which are not his system.

Or they simply not supose to have body and are corrupting stone. Also, they dont use Surges at all. And are not red in Spren Form.

But that was allowed. They built their cities that way. Yet the Eila Stele forbade bonds with Spren. Hence Forms of Power are older.

No way. Is clearly stated that Singers dont bond Radiant spren until now. And is also clearly stated they dont have Forms Of Power before Odium comes.

Is not stated witch "Powers of Spren and Surges" were forbidden. Manipulation of Surges via Rythms/Songs can be covered by this statement as well, and we saw usage of the "safe" Surges - Progerssion and Cohesion. Is possible Stele talks about Transportation and Adhesion as Surges that are forbidden. Also if there were "Dangerous Powers", so were also "Safe Powers".

Edited by Bzhydack

What are the minor spren associated with skybreakers? Smoke spren? I expect sky breakers use division to blast apart the sky creating sonic booms and explosions. If division imparts energy into chemical reactions it doesnt necessarily mean its creating less energetic, stable molecules immediately.

• 1 year later...
On 19/06/2021 at 3:05 AM, MistMage said:

Not sure where I saw it but a good theory is that Division for Dustbringers is Fire, and for Skybreakers it's lightening. That makes sense to me given that they can fly so it would be a good power set.

I actually think that Skybreakers create clouds since their essence is smoke and the dust particles from division with gravity moving them around that is extremely in line with clouds.

Also, I think they are able to use shockwaves, thunderclaps with their surges but don't know how to word it.

I actually believe lightning is a 5th ideal power that I can't fully explain either. Since the Honor 'Arc' of the Radiant Order wheel involves the Windrunner - Air, Skybreaker - Smoke, Dustbringer - Fire, it stands to reason those together make thunder clouds, and where there's thunder, there's lightning.

• 6 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 5:36 PM, earthexile said:

I suspect that Skybreaker Division will allow hypersonic flight, once someone figures it out. Windrunners have Adhesion, which affects pressure and vacuum. They shape the air, so they're able to do things like push back the storm, or create an air current that keeps the squad together.

Wouldn't this allow windrunners to have hypersonic flight? If they can create a bubble around them that literally shoves molecules out of the way...while also not needing to breathe beacuse of stormlight...wouldn't that cause a similar situation to an edgedancer's speed on the ground, but flying?

1 hour ago, JohnnyKaizen said:

Wouldn't this allow windrunners to have hypersonic flight? If they can create a bubble around them that literally shoves molecules out of the way...while also not needing to breathe beacuse of stormlight...wouldn't that cause a similar situation to an edgedancer's speed on the ground, but flying?

Yes