Mistborn in Fortnite???

STAG

Just in case people didn't see it, we wrote a news article on this: 

As for my thoughts, I think it's only positive. Getting Mistborn into the mindspace of more people just expands our overall community, so seems good to me. It's not unusual at all for Fortnite to have crossovers, and Brandon has worked with Epic before, so this all makes sense. 

Brandon posted details on Reddit:

This all seems good to me.

I have to agree. While it might not be quite the level of coolness it would have been to get a Mistborn movie/show reveal or tease, this will definitely put Mistborn, and Kelsier, into the public consciousness (which I have a feeling our Secret-lovin Survivor of Hathsin wouldn't mind the extra attention). As the old saying goes, "No such thing as bad publicity"

idk, man. I've been watching the general public for a while, and I'm beginning to think maybe there is such a thing as bad publicity.

But, if it puts money in Brandon's coffers and feeds his family so he can keep slaving away in the writing dungeon fulfilling his dreams and writing the Cosmere, then ultimately it's an end-positive effect.

2 hours ago, STAG said:

I’m sorry everyone, I wasn’t strong enough. I spent twenty bucks to get kelsier.

I can only hope those twenty bucks go straight to Brandon’s wallet.

Fortnite-specific developers need a cut, Epic Game owners need a cut, the US government needs a cut, Brandon's family needs to eat... and then Brandon gets paid.

I don't like Fortnite and have never liked Fortnite, but at least it is getting more publicity for Mistborn. The only problem could be if, as Frustration said in a reply to someone's status, a young kid sees Kelsier's character then see's Mistborn later and thinks "Cool, they wrote a book about this awesome Fortnite character".

I'd say that this isn't end-positive or end-negative, just end-neutral.

1 hour ago, Chinkoln said:

Fortnite-specific developers need a cut, Epic Game owners need a cut, the US government needs a cut, Brandon's family needs to eat... and then Brandon gets paid.

I don't like Fortnite and have never liked Fortnite, but at least it is getting more publicity for Mistborn. The only problem could be if, as Frustration said in a reply to someone's status, a young kid sees Kelsier's character then see's Mistborn later and thinks "Cool, they wrote a book about this awesome Fortnite character".

I'd say that this isn't end-positive or end-negative, just end-neutral.

I doubt Brandon’s getting a cent from this

its Advertising and market research on Mistborn

He probably spent a not so small amount of money to get Epic Games to do a crossover 

Gonna use my first-ever post on this site to express my displeasure at this because:
            a. Mistborn deserves a WAAAY cooler game than Fortnite to represent it to the world, and Kelsier is probably wasted on the Fortnite player base
            b. If they were gonna chose a character for a shooter game of all things, surely Waxillium DAWNSHOT the rusting gunslinger would be the obvious choice?

But hey, I guess ultimately this probably is good for the fanbase, and if it supports Brandon then it can't be too bad.

That being said, if they add a game mode that lets me use my own Mistborn powers to crush some whiny Fortnite kids you can bet your spheres I'll be re-downloading that game in an instant... 

I immediately cringed when I saw this, but I guess if Brandon knows the director it makes sense. On the bright side, now the cosmere has an existence in the video game world, and when I dress up as a mistborn for halloween some people might have a vague idea of who I am. ^_^

1 minute ago, Kings_way said:

I immediately cringed when I saw this, but I guess if Brandon knows the director it makes sense. On the bright side, now the cosmere has an existence in the video game world, and when I dress up as a mistborn for halloween some people might have a vague idea of who I am. ^_^

Unfortunetly they will think it's from Fortnite.