Another Silly Trell Theory

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Just a random thought while listening to Shardcast's latest episode, but what if Trell is El? I have literally no proof, and this could possibly - probably easily - be disproven, but I thought I'd throw it out there. 

TrEll

I'm totally convinced :)

3 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

TrEll

I'm totally convinced :)

I had a side tangent where Trell was actually a Scadrian-abbreviated form of another phrase, like Tu-Ra-El or something more fitting with an Unmade name (like a reverse of what Shallan does when she names the planets to Mraize), but I think Trell is just fine lol!

Are you saying that El is an Avatar of Odium, so that Trell is really just Odium?

Or are you saying El is some other Shard, yet is somehow subordinate to Odium on Roshar?

Either way, El being a Shard doesn't make too much sense given what we already know about both El specifically and Shards in general.

3 minutes ago, DougTheRug said:

Trell is a combination of Truthcall from Warbreaker and El from Rhythm of War. They're a power couple who fused (see Steven Universe) to make TrEll/

Trell was seen in White Sand which takes place thousands of years before RoW

On 5/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, Frustration said:

Trell was seen in White Sand which takes place thousands of years before RoW

A human being named Trell was seen in White Sand.  I believe there's a WoB implying that there's a Trell who becomes an avatar, but the Trell we see on Taldain is just named after the famous one.  Don't quote me on that, though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 10:53 AM, CruelSadist said:

A human being named Trell was seen in White Sand.  I believe there's a WoB implying that there's a Trell who becomes an avatar, but the Trell we see on Taldain is just named after the famous one.  Don't quote me on that, though.

Wait, is there an actual WoB like that or is this a joke?

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Wait, is there an actual WoB like that or is this a joke?

It's an actual WoB, but to be fair, the implication I mentioned is just an assumption I made:  https://wob.coppermind.net/events/402-starsight-release-party/#e13324

Who knows what Brandon thought they were asking about.  Maybe he thought they were thinking 'this person will Ascend and show up on Scadrial,' in which case 'they're an Avatar' would be "more obtuse" than the direct connection.  I assumed the questioner was thinking "are these the same Trell," and that Brandon knew that and responded accurately.  My bad :wacko: