Quick Fix 53: Forging a Nation

Oof, okay, I forgot to jump on here yesterday. Oops. 

So things have been super quiet, but I'm going to look through the old thread and see what I can find on everyone and just do a reads list here. I'm tagging everyone to hopefully get some more activity here. I'm not super confident in any of these reads, but I guess reasonably so.

@Illwei - Village (Illwei put Ash into the C1 tie, and it seems verrry unlikely that she would risk that if she was Ash's teammate)

@Archer - Soft Village (He voted Ash out with me. His vote was on for a while, though, so it's possible he didn't have time to come back and change it, but he's fairly active so I don't see him not moving his vote to save Ash somehow. It wouldn't look too suspicious.)

@Szeth_Pancakes - Soft Village (Szeth had a vote on Ash for the C1 tie too, and Ash also voted for them with pretty thought-out reasoning, possibly hoping to get a train on them.)

@SummerSomner - Soft Elim (Summer has only posted 3 times I think? 2 of those were in response to someone tagging/voting for them. The other time was when they voted for Archer when Ash was up for the exe.)

@Kings_way - Elim (Kings_way came on at the start of C2 and said that everyone should vote but didn't vote at all that turn. They also defended Ash indirectly when Archer sussed Ash, saying that they didn't think someone being nice in PMs was a reason to suspect them.)

We know there's at least one elim left, but since multiple elims could have the role (whatever the heck it is), the elim team could be pretty small. Maybe the original one was only 2-3 people. Either way, we're down to 6 people total.

Thoughts, anyone?

Kings_way

1 hour ago, Kings_way said:

Ok that last round may have been the most inactive round ever.

I feel like more would have happened this game if someone more experienced like Illwei or Liranil was an elim, so I'll vote Summer Somner

Just wanted to point out that the way things are going, you are going to get voted out today.

1 hour ago, Kings_way said:

Ok that last round may have been the most inactive round ever.

I feel like more would have happened this game if someone more experienced like Illwei or Liranil was an elim, so I'll vote Summer Somner

That's actually probably true. Either the elims have succeeded in deefwolfing and therefore have no incentive to play hardball, or there's been little opposition to the village so far. 

I still pick Kingsway over Summer though because of my only one elim would PM me D1 theory, and the defending Ash Liranil mentioned. I like seeing the votes coming in because a tiny voice in my head worries that there's actually 3 elims left, not 2, so we may need our full group to avoid a 1am hammer. 

RP to be added.

--

The Kings_Way was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

VC:

Kings_Way(3): Archer, Szeth, Liranil

Summer(1): Kings_Way

@SummerSomner has been replaced by @Matrim's Dice. Welcome!

If the following players don't post this turn then they will be replaced. @Illwei

Player List:

Spoiler

1) @Dannex Member of the Heritage Faction

2) @SummerSomner now @Matrim's Dice

3) @Szeth_Pancakes

4) @Liranil

5) @Kings_wayMember of the Heritage Faction

6) @The Windrunner Supreme Member of the Heritage Faction

7) @Archer

8) @Ashbringer Forger

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king Member of the Heritage Faction

11) @StrikerEZ Member of the Heritage Faction

Edited by Experience

God my first inactivity warning

Sorry for being inactive I've been going to work and then sleeping recently basically tbh

anyways hi am I looking at three elims rn I really don't know if there's even a chance of winning this

if I'm looking at 2 more then it's 3-2 so we might be in lylo realistically.

no clue what the role was and there doesn't seem to be much else speculation on that going on. really anything going on... but it had to have had a way to balance out the elim team if there was only 3 of them, because 3 v 11 feels pretty underwhelming actually no it doesn't no that was my original guess wasn't it.

With the role still? in play? I don't think bussing should be taken off the table. tbh I honestly don't know whether to clear or condemn szeth more from the D1 voting. at first I condemned in the moment and then cleared and now I'm back to not knowing because nothing makes sense

Liranil

This game. Aaaah. 

Yeah, exlo. Yeah, someone towncore is evil. Great. Great. 

Might as well go for the deepwolf. I think Szeth been pinging me the most, but oh boy do I have low confidence now. Really hoping Summer isn't village, but I'd hate to go out exing inactives. This is the most interesting it's been all game. That vote is very much fluid. 

Experience, does the VC number sign mean anything? 

Edited by Archer

6 hours ago, Illwei said:

With the role still? in play? I don't think bussing should be taken off the table. tbh I honestly don't know whether to clear or condemn szeth more from the D1 voting. at first I condemned in the moment and then cleared and now I'm back to not knowing because nothing makes sense

Liranil

I completely agree that bussing is more likely now. I do think it's really unlikely that a member of the elim team would be the deciding vote on an elim, like I was or how you put Ash into the tie C1. That could have been part of some kind of plan, but you feel safe to me. Then again, I'm pretty sure you usually fool me when you're an elim anyway.

So we know that there's at least one elim left. Since both sides have to kill off everyone and I know that I'm village and the elims need to vote me out, it's possible that all 4 of you could be elims... But if that's the case then why would Archer vote on me? For some last minute dramatic switch? That wouldn't be necessary. So I'm guessing there's a max of three elims left. But if that's true, then we've already lost, unless someone fails to vote. Now that Matrim is in for Summer (welcome to the game!), it's likely that everyone will vote this round. If there's 1 or 2 elims left, then we still have a chance. 

I'm suspicious of Illwei for voting on me. Could be that she's expecting her 2 elim buddies to join her and knock me out. 

Wait... What if the role is some kind where you can manipulate ties?? Maybe they're not decised randomly and the elims can actually choose who dies. That would solve a 1v1 scenario at the end of the game, and it could free up Szeth and Illwei to put Ash in a tie... But only after Illwei made sure no one would add a vote to get Ash out!

Idk how feasible that is, and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable voting just on that. But it seems plausible. I'll think it through and add a vote later.

Hi, Liranil! Was just about to PM you.

Okay so Ash pinged Szeth to vote D1, then Szeth voted on Ash. That was weird, but could be elimmates looking to distance after a convo in the Elim doc made a strategy.

You voted very late D2, which my working theory is blindsided the elims. Summer, who is evil? Had already voted for me but was offline. Szeth was also off the whole cycle. Leaving Ash alone and caught off guard because he blue texted being afk for the evening. So that's why he died? 

The other explanation is a bus, which would implicate any of us. But. If you look at D1, Illwei messed with Ash a lot at the end of the cycle, which seems like unnecessary pressure to add to a teammate. And if you didn't bus him, you know that the plan wasn't to put Ash in danger intentionally so it doesn't make sense for me to craft a crazy scheme to implicate him. 

As for the roles, I'm kinda hoping it's an alignment concealer and we've already exed an elim, just don't know it. But that's verrrry tinfoil, and shouldn't be relied on. Especially because Ash flipped evil

Edit:  Also, these titles are awesome, @Experience

Edited by Archer

Hello! I've been very loosely following but I should read the past cycles. Shouldn't take too long :P.

It's funny because I read Dannex as elim (as a spectator) after just his first post so I 100% thought you got him when he was exed. Ah well.

At that point (End of D1) my team guess was Dannex/Ash/Liranil. So I'm going there for now.

Liranil

Best-case scenario, Illwei and Matrim are two elims and Szeth is innocent. But if that was the case, Szeth would seem to be the logical choice, because they've been mostly inactive and the village would be more likely to vote them out, leaving the two of them to vote out anybody. Szeth votes me, then my guess is that all three of them are elims and the game's pretty much over, unless the secret role comes into play somehow. 

Then again, I guess Illwei or Matrim could be a villager just guessing. All I know for sure is that I'm village and as long as I'm alive, the village lives.

@Matrim's Dice, have you had a chance to look over the thread?

12 hours ago, Illwei said:

God my first inactivity warning

Sorry for being inactive I've been going to work and then sleeping recently basically tbh

anyways hi am I looking at three elims rn I really don't know if there's even a chance of winning this

if I'm looking at 2 more then it's 3-2 so we might be in lylo realistically.

no clue what the role was and there doesn't seem to be much else speculation on that going on. really anything going on... but it had to have had a way to balance out the elim team if there was only 3 of them, because 3 v 11 feels pretty underwhelming actually no it doesn't no that was my original guess wasn't it.

Liranil

You speculated about Szeth and then voted me. Is this a serious vote? 

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Hi, Liranil! Was just about to PM you.

Okay so Ash pinged Szeth to vote D1, then Szeth voted on Ash. That was weird, but could be elimmates looking to distance after a convo in the Elim doc made a strategy.

You voted very late D2, which my working theory is blindsided the elims. Summer, who is evil? Had already voted for me but was offline. Szeth was also off the whole cycle. Leaving Ash alone and caught off guard because he blue texted being afk for the evening. So that's why he died? 

The other explanation is a bus, which would implicate any of us. But. If you look at D1, Illwei messed with Ash a lot at the end of the cycle, which seems like unnecessary pressure to add to a teammate. And if you didn't bus him, you know that the plan wasn't to put Ash in danger intentionally so it doesn't make sense for me to craft a crazy scheme to implicate him. 

As for the roles, I'm kinda hoping it's an alignment concealer and we've already exed an elim, just don't know it. But that's verrrry tinfoil, and shouldn't be relied on. Especially because Ash flipped evil

Edit:  Also, these titles are awesome, @Experience

So are you theorizing a Summer-Matrim/Szeth team?

Right now I'm feeling like voting Matrim, but that's liable to change.

Just now, Liranil said:

@Matrim's Dice, have you had a chance to look over the thread?

Yes. Like I said, I already kinda knew what had happened in the thread.

1 minute ago, Liranil said:

Why exactly? I haven't even done anything, I just got here! ;) 

In all seriousness, Archer already cleared Summer for PMing him about the secret role. So while I can't defend my predecessor's actions, I can say that.

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yes. Like I said, I already kinda knew what had happened in the thread.

Why exactly? I haven't even done anything, I just got here! ;) 

In all seriousness, Archer already cleared Summer for PMing him about the secret role. So while I can't defend my predecessor's actions, I can say that.

Yeah, I know, you just mentioned you needed to catch up on past cycles and your voting info was based off C1. 

And that's a good point. I'm curious to see if that still holds up in Archer's opinion. But like i said, that vote is likely to change.

Just now, Liranil said:

Yeah, I know, you just mentioned you needed to catch up on past cycles and your voting info was based off C1. 

And that's a good point. I'm curious to see if that still holds up in Archer's opinion. But like i said, that vote is likely to change.

Well, it originated from C1, but also didn't go away :P 

2 minutes ago, Liranil said:

Now I'm curious! What's your reasoning?

It's there, in my head, I'd need time to write it down and go through your posts to find specifics. Which I can't do right now because I need to study for my World History final, but I will at some point or I'm evil :P.

4 hours ago, Liranil said:

So are you theorizing a Summer-Matrim/Szeth team?

Yup. I think if the elims had a guaranteed win, which would stem from a majority, Experience would have ended the game. So the ratio must be 3v:2v. I'll admit I'm partially hedginf my bets in case you are evil. If there was more bussing than I thought, it could be a Liranil-Szeth team. I'm 90% confident it's a Szeth-Mat team though, but why not vote for the overlap? Reading D1, it's hard to see Ashbringer-Illwei's interactions as anything but village-elim. He had to stay up to fend off the vote switching, the poor man. 

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I made a few big working assumptions about this game after D2. 

1. The death of Ash was unplanned. That cleared Liranil, who picked Ash out of a four-way tie. It didn't seem necessary to bus him then when he could have been spared and a villager could have been killed instead, saving bussing for later when it was more needed and closer to exlo. 

2. Only one elim PMed me. I abandoned that theory when I turned on Dannex. I think Summer PMed me before Ash, so it kinda makes sense. I doubt Summer reported back to the elim doc in the kind of explanatory way Ash would, which would create the kind of situation I envisioned. To recap, Summer basically said:

"Hey, can I learn about your role please?" I gave him the spiel, then he said, "Does the alignment switch work on elims? We could use that to check someone's alignment". I pointed out that as a neutral I'd rather keep in reserve. To which they responded, "use it on someone random and then you'll be vanilla and we'll let you live because you're unthreatening." Except he did it all in text speak.

Summer was a hard guy to read, not just because his posts were hard to read. He gave really weak rationale for his D2 vote, so I can see suspecting them. The other reason I'm on Szeth right now though is I don't want to lose because I exed everyone less active than me and the elims were more hopping than me. I'll cast my final vote around 3 hours before rollover, and prioritize consensus over which of those two is the most suspicious, because it's close. 

So there's 40ish minutes left, Szeth hasn't been on, Matrim hasn't provided their vote explanation (although studying for finals is a legit reason), and Illwei hasn't said anything else. 

For the sake of self-preservation, I'm switching my vote to Szeth. Archer's reasoning is solid, too. 

This puts things in a tie. If it ends as a tie, and if Szeth dies in the tie and they're elim, then that would pretty much disprove my idea that the secret role is manipulating ties. If I die... Well, I'm sorry I wasn't more help! :P

RP to be added.

--

Archer was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

Liranil was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

Szeth was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

VC:

Liranil(2): Illwei, Matrim

Szeth(2): Archer, Liranil

Player List:

Spoiler

1) @Dannex Member of the Heritage Faction

2) @SummerSomner now @Matrim's Dice

3) @Szeth_PancakesMember of the Heritage Faction

4) @LiranilMember of the Heritage Faction

5) @Kings_wayMember of the Heritage Faction

6) @The Windrunner Supreme Member of the Heritage Faction

7) @ArcherMember of the Heritage Faction

8) @Ashbringer Forger

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king Member of the Heritage Faction

11) @StrikerEZ Member of the Heritage Faction

It's truly where we're at.

I had nothing else to do. was going to work at getting people over to you yesterday, but work got in the way

if I had voted on you I would have won wouldn't I have, lmao. I'm incredibly smart.

Matrim

this is truly putting my tie luck to the test, tbh. I risk messing up my track record rn with this.