Quick Fix 53: Forging a Nation

Alright. So, here’s my logic:

1. Archer is clear. I think everyone can agree on that.

2. I am village. It said it in my GM PM.

3. One of the people on the Azmine train is most likely elim. I’m not 100% sure about this, but it seems likely.

Therefore, Liranil.

1 minute ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Alright. So, here’s my logic:

1. Archer is clear. I think everyone can agree on that.

2. I am village. It said it in my GM PM.

3. One of the people on the Azmine train is most likely elim. I’m not 100% sure about this, but it seems likely.

Therefore, Liranil.

I mean, at least you have a reason, but I'm the reason Ash (an elim) got voted out. I could have easily put a vote on anyone else without arousing suspicion, so why would I vote out a teammate (and the special role)? Plus only 3 people voted on Azmine. If there were four, maybe you could make the assumption in #3... but it seems like a long shot. 

Plus, my GM PM says village too. :P

@SummerSomner Summer, what's up? Is your first game an elim game?

1 hour ago, Liranil said:

I mean, at least you have a reason, but I'm the reason Ash (an elim) got voted out. I could have easily put a vote on anyone else without arousing suspicion, so why would I vote out a teammate (and the special role)?

I went back and read through the thread, and this seems to me like bussing. Ash was already under quite a bit of suspicion,  so he would be the best target. Plus, I’m not convinced that was the only secret secret secret secret (there’s always another secret!) role. Since it’s simply called a “forger,” I could imagine all of the elims having it. I’ll have to read through the rules again to see if this was explicitly stated, but I don’t believe it was.

41 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I went back and read through the thread, and this seems to me like bussing. Ash was already under quite a bit of suspicion,  so he would be the best target. Plus, I’m not convinced that was the only secret secret secret secret (there’s always another secret!) role. Since it’s simply called a “forger,” I could imagine all of the elims having it. I’ll have to read through the rules again to see if this was explicitly stated, but I don’t believe it was.

Bussing when there was one vote on Ash? It's to the elim's advantage to drag things out and delay the deaths of their own members. I feel like the elims are laying low and trying to get us to vote each other off.

And the rules explicitly state that there is only one role and that everyone else will be role-less. It's possible that the role could pass from one person to another somehow, but we don't know about that. It's weird that you would say this...

Me no like this post. I might switch my vote to Szeth when I'm not on mobile.

45 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

From the rules:

• There is one hidden role, but other than that all players that do not have that role will be vanilla(roleless).

I misremembered. Looks like you may be right. I'll buy that multiple elims have the role, which explains why it needed an update. I won't believe, however, that Liranil was bussing. It was early and unnecessary. 

Liranil and I voted for Ash C2, so we’re village. Illwei and Szeth ended C1 with votes on Ash, so they’re village. With those assumptions in mind, here’s a colour map of the voting C1.

(@ you two, you're on the same side. You both voted for Ashbringer at key moments. Stawp fightinggg)

3 Hours to go VC:

Archer (1): StrikerEZ
Illwei (1): Szeth_Pancakes
Szeth (1): Illwei
Striker (1): Archer

This is the ideal situation for the elims. I think they held their votes in reserve in case someone turned on them, but at this point, Ash just wanted to make a safe vote and get outta there.

Illwei votes Striker!

Illwei votes Szeth!

Ashbringer votes Szeth!

Szeth enters the game and votes Ashbringer!

Illwei votes Ashbringer!

Striker votes Ashbringer!

Illwei votes Striker!

10 minutes to go VC:

Ash (2): Szeth_Pancakes, Striker
Szeth (1): Ash
Striker (2): Archer, Illwei

Ashbringer votes Striker!

Illwei votes Szeth!

Dannex votes Archer!

Striker votes Archer!

Illwei votes Ashbringer!

Final VC:

Ash (2): Szeth_Pancakes, Illwei

Striker (2): Archer, Ash

Archer (2): Dannex, Striker

The timing of Dannex’s vote is scummy; it fits Ash’s strategy of late voting. Ash was in danger, so if his teammates were awake, I suspect he would have asked for their help. But Dannex voted for me, which made a one-person wagon, too small to knock off the two voters of Ash. It could be he planned to jump there too, and Striker got there first?

Or maybe they were more clever than I’m giving them credit for. Striker had previously said, “So, just wanna say that I think my vote on Archer is still great, I think confirming the existence of a neutral by killing them is a great idea, solid plan.” It’s possible they intentionally chose me in an attempt to lure Striker away from Ash. If so, well done. That’s good situational awareness. If it failed, I suppose Ash jumping on another train was always an option too, although they left it down to the wire.

Alright, I’ve talked myself into voting Dannex.

As supporting evidence, here’s the C2 VC:

Ash(2): Archer, Liranil
Szeth(1): Ash
Archer(1): Summer
TWS(1) Illwei
Illwei(1) TWS

See who is missing? Dannex. They were on about 8 hours before rollover and not again, meaning it’s possible the reason Ash received little support was because they weren’t on to provide it, even if they were ‘active’.

Similar logic could lead you to TWS, Kingsway, and Summer as well. It’s worth mentioning TWS (The Winter Soldier, obviously) got some protection from Ash during C2; he advocated against CCing them.

I really do suspect that TWS came on, skimmed the thread and voted, then read the elim doc and quickly changed from voting for their teammate because oops.

Gonna emphasize this vote so Experience doesn't miss it. DANNEX

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I misremembered. Looks like you may be right. I'll buy that multiple elims have the role, which explains why it needed an update.

Dang. You two are both right, I hadn't read that deeply into it. It's also possible that someone who isn't an elim has it, since we don't know what the role is. It seems more likely that they could be something for all the elims. If that's the case, maybe we have an even smaller elim team. Like 2-3?

Based on Szeth voting for Ash C1 and bringing up the idea, I'm willing to clear them.

And Archer, you're my top clear at the moment, so I'll follow you on this. It worked once, right? Summer Dannex

@Dannex

1 hour ago, Archer said:

From the rules:

I misremembered. Looks like you may be right. I'll buy that multiple elims have the role, which explains why it needed an update. I won't believe, however, that Liranil was bussing. It was early and unnecessary. 

Liranil and I voted for Ash C2, so we’re village. Illwei and Szeth ended C1 with votes on Ash, so they’re village. With those assumptions in mind, here’s a colour map of the voting C1.

(@ you two, you're on the same side. You both voted for Ashbringer at key moments. Stawp fightinggg)

This is the ideal situation for the elims. I think they held their votes in reserve in case someone turned on them, but at this point, Ash just wanted to make a safe vote and get outta there.

The timing of Dannex’s vote is scummy; it fits Ash’s strategy of late voting. Ash was in danger, so if his teammates were awake, I suspect he would have asked for their help. But Dannex voted for me, which made a one-person wagon, too small to knock off the two voters of Ash. It could be he planned to jump there too, and Striker got there first?

Or maybe they were more clever than I’m giving them credit for. Striker had previously said, “So, just wanna say that I think my vote on Archer is still great, I think confirming the existence of a neutral by killing them is a great idea, solid plan.” It’s possible they intentionally chose me in an attempt to lure Striker away from Ash. If so, well done. That’s good situational awareness. If it failed, I suppose Ash jumping on another train was always an option too, although they left it down to the wire.

Alright, I’ve talked myself into voting Dannex.

As supporting evidence, here’s the C2 VC:

See who is missing? Dannex. They were on about 8 hours before rollover and not again, meaning it’s possible the reason Ash received little support was because they weren’t on to provide it, even if they were ‘active’.

Similar logic could lead you to TWS, Kingsway, and Summer as well. It’s worth mentioning TWS (The Winter Soldier, obviously) got some protection from Ash during C2; he advocated against CCing them.

I really do suspect that TWS came on, skimmed the thread and voted, then read the elim doc and quickly changed from voting for their teammate because oops.

Gonna emphasize this vote so Experience doesn't miss it. DANNEX

Ok, you have me convinced. Dannex. Liranil

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

Coolio. 

The only real defense I have is explaining my vote on Archer I guess, which I think I’ve done. I accurately guessed that Archer was lying, and acted accordingly. Emphasis on accurately.

Edited by Dannex

I was also dead wrong twice, so don't rely on my instincts too much. :P. 

Dannex, who is your top sus? 

Also, I have a fan theory that the Forger role is a PM spying one we're making incredibly moot by not using them. :D. Although realistically it's probably more like they can give themselves a vote manipulation ability once in the game or something. 

If any villagers do have the Forger role, I see no reason not to mention it so we can get an idea of what it does. 

Okay I had rehearsal all day but now I'm back lets GOO

I think this should be relatively easily solveable because there are no NKs and I now have a towncore of Szeth, Archer, and Liranil. Szeth and Archer were up for elimination and Ash didn't try and save either of them.  bussing is a thing. Seeing as the Forger is still in play, I'm also more hesitant on clearing Archer and Liranil for bussing, but I'm not going to tinfoil that rn lmao.

Anyways, that's Liranil, Archer, and Szeth. Who else do we gots. let's see.

I'm going to start a spicy CW on TWS for funsies.

His entrance into thread was eh imo and I didn't like his vote and retraction on Ash.

If there's a busser, then tbh archer would be my choice there, but again not visiting that for right now

Aha. My internet has been fixed! Sorry everyone for any confusion, but there shouldn't be anymore problems. Fingers crossed.

I'm just going to have the turn end at 10pm tonight (normal rollover time), that way we can just keep it at the same time for the rest of the game.

Well, as we always say. Fifth times the...

--

Dannex was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

VC:

Dannex(3): Archer, Liranil, Szeth

TWS(1): Illwei

This turn will end on June 8th at 10 pm PST

If the following players don't post during this turn then they will be replaced. @Kings_way, @The Windrunner Supreme

Player List:

Spoiler

1) @Dannex Member of the Heritage Faction

2) @SummerSomner

3) @Szeth_Pancakes

4) @Liranil

5) @Kings_way

6) @The Windrunner Supreme

7) @Archer

8) @Ashbringer Forger

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king Member of the Heritage Faction

11) @StrikerEZ Member of the Heritage Faction

Edited by Elandera

No one wanted to join my on the CW I'm so sad there was even 48 hours after I posted to come join me this is so sadge

Well

This is active. this game.

How's everyone doing today. Good? is anyone Alive

RP to be added.

--

The Windrunner Supreme was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

VC:

TWS(2): Kings_way, Archer

This turn will end on June 9th at 10 pm PST

If the following players don't post during this turn then they will be replaced. @SummerSomner, @Szeth_Pancakes, @Liranil

Please, please, just post. The game is more fun when players actually interact. :P.

Player List:

Spoiler

1) @Dannex Member of the Heritage Faction

2) @SummerSomner

3) @Szeth_Pancakes

4) @Liranil

5) @Kings_way

6) @The Windrunner Supreme Member of the Heritage Faction

7) @Archer

8) @Ashbringer Forger

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king Member of the Heritage Faction

11) @StrikerEZ Member of the Heritage Faction

Edited by Elandera

Guess we have to have this discussion. Did they bus, or have we just been extremely unlucky? Either it's Kingsway and Sommer, or Szeth is in the mix. Hopefully there's only two of them left, and it's 4:2, which may lead to 3:2, followed by 2:2, which is still 50/50 odds, assuming full participation and the roles not doing anything. 

Or its 3:3 and we need to catch them today. Luckily, if it is, all the people I named are evil, so if we consolidate the vote, we'll be fine. 

Ignore the strikethrough. I'll start by hoping the elims are somewhat active with a vote on Kingsway

Edited by Archer