Quick Fix 53: Forging a Nation

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

TWS hasn't been on the Shard since the game started. So I'm not sure if he'd be the best example for a contribution crusade.

I think hes the perfect example. QFs are supposed to have an inactivity filter @Araris Valerian ? but if they dont then TWS is a good kill so that we dont enter Elo a cycle early. 

So the current VC is

Archer (1): Summer Somner

Ashbringer (1): Archer

Szeth (1): Ashbringer

Windrunner Supreme (1): Illwei

Liranil

I guess I'll move my vote to Ashbringer. There's not much to go on there, but we'll see.

Hello. Haven't had much time for this, but i'll try. I am going to vote ashbringer based on day 1 stuff. Still reading through day 1 though, so sorry if your good :( 

Edit:

Ashbringer

Illwei

read through day 2 and decided to do Illwei just because they voted on me and they are just voting ranodm people and im tired so im sorry if that doesnt make cents

Edited by The Windrunner Supreme

AraRaash was quite disappointed there was no perpendicularity in the Rose Empire. Or if there were, he wasn't able to find it. That meant it wasn't there. Still, learning the way of a Selish art was worthwhile.

He leaned back in his chair and admired his work. Three small, inconspicuous stamps. Soulstamps. Forgery was a careful art, but he had stronger forces guiding him. They would do as they were intend-

Thud. 

An axe slammed through the door in his little hideout. AraRaash quickly swept the evidence into a satchel, and then swept the satchel into his stomach. "Oh, come on, I told you I was out."

"Our Bloodsealer tracked you to this location," the guard said. "You are under arrest for unlawful use of Forgery. The punishment is execution."

"Now, now, we both know there's not a Bloodsealer," AraRaash said. "So that's hardly-"

Thud.

~~

Ashbringer was killed! They were a Forger.

They were also a Forger, which is the hidden ability. 

VC:
Ash(2): Archer, Liranil
Szeth(1): Ash
Archer(1): Summer
TWS(1) Illwei
Illwei(1) TWS

This turn will end on June 4th at 10 pm PST.

If the following players don't post before the turn ends, then they will be replaced. @Szeth_Pancakes

Player List:

Spoiler

1) @Dannex

2) @SummerSomner

3) @Szeth_Pancakes

4) @Liranil

5) @Kings_way

6) @The Windrunner Supreme

7) @Archer

8) @Ashbringer Forger

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king

11) @StrikerEZ Member of the Heritage Faction

Edited by Experience

I think Archer and Liranil are cleared now. Of course, in a game where the elims don't get a NK, it would be extremely beneficial to have a cleared elim, but I don't think that's worth losing the secret secret secret role Forger, whatever they do.

LET'S GOOOOOO

I agree Liranil and I are cleared. I think the elims will be willing to bus in this game, but not like that. Windrunner Supreme I'm not willing to clear because it's quite possible they voted, checked the elim doc, and realized they accidentally voted on a teammate so they switched. 

Ash just said basically are you a.... bloodsealer? Which in the books was the necromancer type dude who used the protagonist's blood to cast a ward to stop her leaving. 

The elims having the role changes a lot of my assumptions. It could mean a smaller elim team, for example. And Dannex, while they looked like a neutral, and could have known I was lying based on their teammate telling them, felt too combative in PM's to be evil. I'm soft clearing them and Summer for now, but am willing to come back to Dannex because they voted for Striker. 

Oh and Illwei and Szeth voted for Ashbringer last round. Illwei made the tie, so they're pretty cleared. Szeth is soft cleared, but could have been distancing as the first vote. 

So that leaves us with Kingsway, Azmine and Windrunner. This is a copy paste so I can get the red, ignore strikethrough: Azmine

Just so you know there has been a minor rule change to the hidden role. Also, there's only like 4 hours left in the turn so get your votes posts in. Szeth, if you don't post this turn then you'll be replaced.

1) @Dannex

2) @SummerSomner

3) @Szeth_Pancakes

4) @Liranil

5) @Kings_way

7) @Archer

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king

It's crazy that it only took me 15 minutes to reread everything. I like it :D

45 minutes ago, Experience said:

Just so you know there has been a minor rule change to the hidden role. 

So it seemed like Ash was pretty heavy on the Bloodsealer thing, which could have been an intentional mislead, but I'm inclined to think that the special role really is a Bloodsealer/necromancy role, and this comment on the rule change makes me think that the role is still in play. Basically I think Ash had the ability to revive a teammate (or something). Idk. The more I think about it the more it doesn't seem to make sense--if we voted someone off and found out they were an elim, wouldn't we just vote them off again?

Either way, it sounds like the special role is still going to be in play somehow.

Archer and Illwei seem pretty clear to me. Archer cuz they voted on Ash. Illwei's more of a gut after rereading the last two cycles. 

Ash's vote on Szeth could have been distancing, but Ash wasn't on the chopping block at that point so it seems unlikely that they would add another teammate to the multi-way tie. Unless they planned to redirect to protect Ash... which didn't pan out.

I'm not really sure what to think. The elims didn't appear to try and protect Ash, their special role. My thought is that they're either less active or worried about drawing attention.

5 minutes ago, The Windrunner Supreme said:

I'm going to vote Kings_way because i'm not bad. I know I havent done a lot, so maybe thats why I look bad, but I assure you, I am not.

This is only your second post, and the reason for your vote isn't very solid... but also seems to weird for an elim.

I don't knoooow. @Szeth_Pancakes Szeth, where you at?

Just now, Liranil said:

It's crazy that it only took me 15 minutes to reread everything. I like it :D

So it seemed like Ash was pretty heavy on the Bloodsealer thing, which could have been an intentional mislead, but I'm inclined to think that the special role really is a Bloodsealer/necromancy role, and this comment on the rule change makes me think that the role is still in play. Basically I think Ash had the ability to revive a teammate (or something). Idk. The more I think about it the more it doesn't seem to make sense--if we voted someone off and found out they were an elim, wouldn't we just vote them off again?

Either way, it sounds like the special role is still going to be in play somehow.

Archer and Illwei seem pretty clear to me. Archer cuz they voted on Ash. Illwei's more of a gut after rereading the last two cycles. 

Ash's vote on Szeth could have been distancing, but Ash wasn't on the chopping block at that point so it seems unlikely that they would add another teammate to the multi-way tie. Unless they planned to redirect to protect Ash... which didn't pan out.

I'm not really sure what to think. The elims didn't appear to try and protect Ash, their special role. My thought is that they're either less active or worried about drawing attention.

This is only your second post, and the reason for your vote isn't very solid... but also seems to weird for an elim.

I don't knoooow. @Szeth_Pancakes Szeth, where you at?

I’m right here! I was just looking through the thread trying to decide what to say. Umm... I’m not a Forger, and I guess I’ll just poke Azmine since they haven’t posted this turn. @Azmine_king, where are you?

1 hour ago, Liranil said:

You could be on to something with necromancy. Unless the role offers some delayed second life, the only powers I can think of that would require adjustment after the bearer is dead are:

-dead doc to elim doc communication 

-a delayed effect, like they select someone to gift an ability to at a set time

-A transferable ability that someone else now has

-something super powerful that the elims needed to win; perhaps the game became horribly unbalanced when Ash died and... I don't know how changing the role would have helped there, unless it was to allow communication or triggering of the ability from the grave

I think the bloodsealer thing was just a red herring. Why would he reveal what we never would have guessed? 

I agree that Ash got less help than I'd have expected from a big, active team. That's partially why I'm keeping my eye on Danex. But there's probably at least one fairly inactive elim that didn't help out, hence my vote on Azmine right now. If be okay tying them up with a few other people. I've got better village reads than elim ones, but we can just chip away at the player list in order of least to most trusted and still probably win with the information we have now. 

1 hour ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I’m right here! I was just looking through the thread trying to decide what to say. Umm... I’m not a Forger, and I guess I’ll just poke Azmine since they haven’t posted this turn. @Azmine_king, where are you?

I approve 

Since Szeth posted, I'll take my vote off of them.

Honestly, I think Summer is my biggest suspicion right now, but it's more gut-based than on facts. Maybe their posts are just throwing me off.

What's your reason for voting on Azmine this round, @Archer?

It's a process of elimination vote. Using my (probably unscientific) theory that only one elim would PM me because the others could just ask them in the doc what I said. Dannex, Summer PMed me. 

You, Illwei, and I are clear for voting Ash. Szeth too, to a lower extent. Kingsway, Azmine, and Windrunner are basically nulls. 

Windrunner had that weird vote Ash, then don't thing, but they chose to start a new wagon over possibly making a tie to give Ash a shot at survival, which is good. 

So I wouldn't mind pressuring Azmine and Kingsway. I picked Azmine because Kingsway doesn't fit that inactive elim profile guess. I'm not certain about the Azmine shot, and am quite okay with going elsewhere, but that's where I'm at right now 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

It's a process of elimination vote. Using my (probably unscientific) theory that only one elim would PM me because the others could just ask them in the doc what I said. Dannex, Summer PMed me. 

You, Illwei, and I are clear for voting Ash. Szeth too, to a lower extent. Kingsway, Azmine, and Windrunner are basically nulls. 

Windrunner had that weird vote Ash, then don't thing, but they chose to start a new wagon over possibly making a tie to give Ash a shot at survival, which is good. 

So I wouldn't mind pressuring Azmine and Kingsway. I picked Azmine because Kingsway doesn't fit that inactive elim profile guess. I'm not certain about the Azmine shot, and am quite okay with going elsewhere, but that's where I'm at right now 

That makes sense. Well, unless @Azmine_king wants to jump on and defend themselves... Azmine.

RP to be placed later.

--

Azmine was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

VC:

Azmine(3): Archer, Szeth, Liranil

TWS(1): Kings_Way

Kings_Way(1): TWS

This turn will end on June 5th at 10 pm PST

If the following players don't post during this turn then they will be replaced. @SummerSomner

Player List:

Spoiler

1) @Dannex

2) @SummerSomner

3) @Szeth_Pancakes

4) @Liranil

5) @Kings_way

7) @Archer

8) @Ashbringer Forger

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king Member of the Heritage Faction

11) @StrikerEZ Member of the Heritage Faction

Okay.

I'm going to go ahead and clear Archer and Szeth. this goes back to Ash's ere-ntrance into thread at the end, where he didn't vote, instead asking people why he shouldn't vote on him. my explaination didn't come across great there, but basically if he was teammates with anyone up for the grinch there. If he wanted to defend/save a teammate, then  he would enter back in thread with some sort of case on someone to make sure a teammate woudlnt' die.