Brandon's Announcements

Any thoughts, ideas, or wild conjectures what announcements are coming Wednesday and Thursday?

Did he accidentally write another book?

Will he admit that he has been tapping into some sort of Investiture to write the way he does?

Will he confirm he is Hoid and has been trolling us this entire time?

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Must be Rithmatist 2 then

wish so much. 

I think Wednesday is either surprise release of the first Skyward novella or an announcement about Alcatraz 6.

Thursday I hope it's the Rithmatist sequel (The Aztlanian I think it was called? Might be misremembering) or something about Apocalypse Guard.

I'm going to be waiting on tenterhooks the whole time though. Wish I was a Pulser.

I agree with Wednesday being Skyward 3's title and maybe cover reveal. Thursday... could be Rithmatist 2 (please), I saw someone saying it might be a movie deal nailed down for Mistborn which would be cool.

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I saw someone saying it might be a movie deal nailed down for Mistborn which would be cool.

That seems too well-known for his comment on it being something we'd never guess for Thursday. He had the whole Mistborn script project on his progress bars for quite a while last year after all.

Edited by Invocation

Wednesday is probably a Skyward 3 reveal. 

Thursday: 

My Hopes - Something to do with Soulburner/Starburner, The Apocalypse Guard, or Dark One

My Expectations - Steven Bohls' Reckoners/Deathrise novellas announcement.

Wildcards - Alcatraz show/cartoon, Reckoners animated show, non-Cosmere videogame in the works. (Aka something he's mentioned but has flown under the radar.)

Longshots - Mistborn movie or tv show deal with a 2023 release.* 

Bonus, Tinfoil Guess - The Way of Kings Prime is being made into a television show. 

EDIT - EXTRA NOTES: Brandon has been talking about not being able to do live Q&As every Thursday because of something he has been setting up/planning. It was after he mentioned this that he also added that he wanted to keep the live events once a month to preserve the "special" feeling of them. But whatever he's been working on during those Thursdays may be related to his upcoming announcement. 

*2023 allows the script and cast enough time to come together, the movie wouldn't have to heavily compete with any Marvel movies, and cross-promotion would be incredibly easy. (Between Skyward 4, a movie-related rerelease of TFE, and Stormlight 5, Sanderson would dominate sci-fi/fantasy sales for the year. Add in potential cross-pollination if WoT does well, and you've got a recipe for Sanderson becoming a household name.)

Edited by Use the Falchion

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

EDIT - EXTRA NOTES: Brandon has been talking about not being able to do live Q&As every Thursday because of something he has been setting up/planning. It was after he mentioned this that he also added that he wanted to keep the live events once a month to preserve the "special" feeling of them. But whatever he's been working on during those Thursdays may be related to his upcoming announcement. 

I'm pretty sure he said he had to cancel that last livestream because of film stuff/meeting with Hollywood. He also mentioned working on video game stuff behind the scenes in one of his videos. 

6 minutes ago, Spectromixer said:

I'm pretty sure he said he had to cancel that last livestream because of film stuff/meeting with Hollywood. He also mentioned working on video game stuff behind the scenes in one of his videos. 

That was the latest, but there have been streams before where he's been working on stuff specifically for the channel. I think the announcement has been related to that. As you say, the videogame stuff has been mentioned as well, but I think that's a third thing that won't be ready to announce for a LONG while. 

I'm guessing the same things as a lot of you for Wednesday's announcement.

For Thursday's, I wish it was Alcatraz 6; Rithmatist 2 would also be welcome news.

Btu since he said it "came from out of nowhere," and hinted we'd be unlikely to guess, I'm gonna go with something entirely off-the-wall:

• Guess 1: What if one of the online "masterclass" organizations has hired Brandon to teach a series of classes on writing fiction?
  • Guess 2: What if the WoT people found some more manuscripts from Jordan and want Brandon to work on them? (REALLY hoping it's not this - IMO we lost too much time already to WoT: Stormlight shouldn't be postponed again! My feelings - ymmv of course.)
  • Guess 3: Rothfuss has asked Brandon to help him finish the Kingkiller Chronicles, or to just write it for him altogether (again, hoping this is NOT it!).
  • Guess 4: It's a TV or video game deal, but not for Mistborn ... maybe for Skyward?

I know - these are crazy / goofy guesses! It's fun to think up ideas of what the big announcement will be! :D

Saying it now. My money's on something relating to a mistborn tv series or movie for Thursday's announcement.

Thinking on it

• He's been sitting on a script for quite a while now
  • He's probably gotten a good bit more contact with the right sort of people through his Wheel of Time Work. 
  • From what I understand Netflix's adaption of Shadow and Bone is doing quite well which should show there is a market for that sort of young adult style fantasy fiction.

Based on the above I think it's a reasonable bet. Tho that being said, I am sorta hopeful I end up surprised!

Edited by Harkain

On 5/26/2021 at 6:44 AM, Iarwainiel said:
  • Guess 4: It's a TV or video game deal, but not for Mistborn ... maybe for Skyward?

I know - these are crazy / goofy guesses! It's fun to think up ideas of what the big announcement will be! :D

In the latest SoTS (2020)  he did say Skyward was owned by Universal Television, but with that aside it is mostly under the radar at the moment (most adaptation possibilities with the non-cosmere works are)...ofc this is just a speculation but damn it's so exciting to think about.

All things considered Skyward would translate pretty well into a film/tv show imo.

Also didn't he say it might be something fans won't really care/won't get too hyped up about? A new edition or leatherbound of one of his works or another board game, maybe...

Edited by caramel_

Last minute guess - I was listening to The Sandersonian Institute of Cosmere Studies, and the guest for this week was Kara Stewart. Kara mentioned that Dragonsteel has a new garage/storage place for books. The reveal may just the official unveiling of that place, and a new setup for Brandon when it comes to signing and live Q&As. 

I've seen some speculation on a picture book announcement, which would be really great.

Personally, I don't think it will be movie/game related, since he said its not something we would expect. It's pretty clear that the first thought that would come to people's minds is a movie/Tv show announcement. 

Last minute guess - I was listening to The Sandersonian Institute of Cosmere Studies, and the guest for this week was Kara Stewart. Kara mentioned that Dragonsteel has a new garage/storage place for books. The reveal may just the official unveiling of that place, and a new setup for Brandon when it comes to signing and live Q&As. 

I really like that guess as well

Edited by Cheyenne Sedai