RoW Movie Trailers

I saw a topic for movie trailers for the first 3 SA books, where basically people would write out a script for a trailer. I think it would be really fun to do that with RoW, so here you go. (Try to make the trailers as exciting but non-spoilery as possible. Imagine someone who hasn’t read the book is going to see it)

Now go and make one!!! :D

We see Kaladin fall down out of the sky.

We hear what we think are drum beats and then the screen flashes a black blue light.

We jump to a scene of Adolin getting circled all alone fighting, drums still beating.

Another black blue light flash and we hear a child like voice say "I am closer to death than ever. Surrounded by evils on all sides. Men and singers alike seeking to abuse me.".

Screen flashes in a soft green blue light. We see the scene of the Windrunners protecting a wierd flying object.

Another black blue light flash, and we see Navani and Raboniel together. Raboniel says "I'm so tired of this war. So tired of capturing, killing, losing, dying.".
"We should end it then." "Not while Odium lives." "You'd actually kill him? If you had a chance?" And Raboniel sounded a Rhythm somewhat as if embarrassed.

We see Kaladin still falling in the sky. And we hear in his voice "Someone needs to do better for these people, Someone needs to talk to them, try different treatments, see what they think works. What actually helps. we’re going to try something new."

We see Navani and see Moash creep towards her with his blade. Navani sings the Rhythm of Honor and we see her shoot out lazer beams and says "Journey before destination, you bastard."

And we go back to Kaladin still falling and the drums stop, and in Dalinar's voice we hear "These Words are accepted."

We then see the big Rythm of War name of the film show up.

And after the trailer name we see Design and Hoid. “Design!” Wit said, turning on her. “What did I tell you about spoiling the ending of stories!”
“Something stupid, so I forgot it!”
“Don’t spoil stories!”
“That’s stupid. The story is really long. He needs to hear the ending so he’ll know it’s worth listening all the way.”
“That’s not how this works,” Wit said. “It needs drama. Suspense. Surprise.”

I did one back in January, I'll copy it here too (seems the Wit/Design shenanigans are a popular choice for a trailer scene).

I tried to avoid giving away too many spoilers in mine, so it's a bit vague. Adolin and Kaladin's scenes might edge a little close, but I feel the lack of context alleviates it a little (and the 'don't spoil stories' is just asking to be made into a trailer). I chose a random year for the release date, but I thought October 10th would be a good date, and it gets around the DDMMYY/MMDDYY issue.

Spoilered for length

Spoiler

FADE IN as a woman’s voice sings a note, pulsing in a stately rhythm. The camera soars over a field of rockbuds before arriving at a small town.

Refugees stumble as they move through a triage line towards a single surgeon and his assistants. Singer warforms keep an eye on them as Heavenly Ones float overhead.

A Singer suddenly steps out of formation to pull the hood off one of the refugees in line to reveal long black hair and a shash brand. KALADIN STORMBLESSED takes a moment before bursting into a beacon of Stormlight.

CUT TO BLACK

VENLI follows LESHWI into the meeting of THE NINE as a different woman’s voice starts to sing a chaotic tune of discordant notes.

LESHWI (VO)

Extinction is the natural escalation of this war.

Fused sneak through the caverns of Urithiru.

LESHWI (VO)

If you forget why you are fighting, then victory itself becomes the goal.

THE PURSUER teleports after Kaladin through the streets of Hearthstone.

LESHWI (VO)

The longer we fight, the more detached we become.

Moash summons his Honorblade as he floats above Hearthstone.

CUT TO NAVANI sitting at her desk, studying various gemstones. The two women’s songs begin to merge into one, bursts of chaotic notes bounded by another, more regular voice regularly pulsing.

RABONIEL (VO)

Do you know what the humans gain by being so forceful? By reaching to seize before they are ready?

DALINAR stands proudly at the prow of the Fourth Bridge, flanked by a dozens of Wundrunners.

RABONIEL (VO)
In the moment, they are the sprinter who outpaces the steady runner. They create wonders.

ADOLIN stands in a courtroom in front of hundreds of honorpren.

RABONIEL (VO)

You cannot fault their audacity.

Kaladin and Syl stand in Urithiru.

KALADIN

It was a nice dream, wasn’t it Syl? That we could find peace at long last?

SYL

Such a wonderful dream.

Kaladin reaches out to touch the wall, but the frame cuts away before we see what he is doing.

CUT TO:

WIT and DESIGN are sitting beside a campfire.

WIT

Don’t spoil stories!

DESIGN

That’s stupid. The story is really long. He needs to hear the ending so he’ll know it’s worth listening all the way.

WIT

That’s not how this works. It needs drama, suspense, surprise!

DESIGN

Blah blah blah blah blah!

WIT

I have bonded a literal monster.

CUT TO TITLES:

THE STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE 4: RHYTHM OF WAR

10/10/2030

Edited by jamesbondsmith