What would your nightwatcher boon be?

Phlipz1

Titles pretty self explanatory. Hypothetical. You visit the nightwatcher in the valley. You ask for a boon. What do you ask for? And what do you think would be a curse that balances the boon enough? Let me know your thoughts. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours :)

Interesting question, the part about the curse will be a bit complicated as the curse does not seem to particularly match the boon (at least for those given by Nightwatcher).

I would probably ask for either healthy confidence or better memory, for the curse I would expect either some physical ailment (I stop being able to write properly for example) or sensory one (everything tastes bad).

The ability to completely resist evil temptations (I’m pretty religious).

I think my bane would be a disconnection from others. While I thrive spiritually, I would be cut off from my family and friends, unable to help teach them and guide them through life.

8 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

The ability to completely resist evil temptations (I’m pretty religious).

I think my bane would be a disconnection from others. While I thrive spiritually, I would be cut off from my family and friends, unable to help teach them and guide them through life.

That would actualy stunt your spiritual progression though.:(

51 minutes ago, Frustration said:

That would actualy stunt your spiritual progression though.:(

Well, I would be tempted but I would recognize the temptation and be able to resist it. I would overpower the works of the devil. God has given us everything we need to be perfect in life, though it would probably be better if I sinned them repented. Jesus was able to resist the temptations of the devil but still progress spiritually.

aw all of these are so nice! humans arent meant to be nice as you lot :) . i know the curse doesnt always match the boon, dont see how seeing life upside down correlates to cloth increase but i just wanted to know your thoughts. especially like @Kingsdaughter613, selfless is nice!

@Honorlessi dont know if the nightwatcher could grant that, but given its a nice one theres always cultivation to help you

as for myself? i think id ask for the capacity to see what my words are going to make people feel. in reality i have trouble seeing the consequences of my actions. that would help. curse whise? probably heightened emotions not unlike taravangian, though to a lesser extent and not fluctuating. assuming theyd have to balance out that seems right, so id have a hard time stopping myself anyways

I would ask for my family to not have any issues with food allergies/sensitivities. My wife has celiac's, my mother-in-law is a vegan only partly by choice, both my cousin and I have troubles with dairy and my sister has more food allergies than anyone I have heard of (she is literally allergic to dozens of different food items). I don't know what the curse would be for that. 

Edited by DougTheRug