Naze-daughter-Kezudo

basement_boi

So, in Oathbringer, we learn about how Naze-daughter-Kezudo warned Melishi about possible side effects of imprisoning Ba-Ado-Mishram. How could she have known about this? 

Simple explanation: In the gemstone archive, there is a small emerald in the drawer about Ba-Ado-Mishram. It says this:

“Don't tell anyone. I can't say it. I must whisper. I foresaw this."

I think that was Naze-daughter-Kezudo, and that she became an Enlightened Truthwatcher all the way back then.

Enlighten Truespren didn't exists before the true desolation so that's not possible. It's possible that the Truthwatcher using drawer 30-20 used another method to Voidbind but they can't be Naze-daughter-Kuzodo since both the sentences "We are uncertain the effects this will have on the parsh. At the very least, it should deny them forms of power. Melishi is confident, but Naze-daughter-Kuzodo warns of unintended side effects." and “Don't tell anyone. I can't say it. I must whisper. I foresaw this." come from emerald in the same drawer.

(By the way it's Kuzodo and not Kezudo)

Edited by mathiau

11 hours ago, mathiau said:

Enlighten Truespren did exists before the true desolation so that's not possible. It's possible that the Truthwatcher using drawer 30-20 used another method to Voidbind but they can't be Naze-daughter-Kuzodo since both the sentences "We are uncertain the effects this will have on the parsh. At the very least, it should deny them forms of power. Melishi is confident, but Naze-daughter-Kuzodo warns of unintended side effects." and “Don't tell anyone. I can't say it. I must whisper. I foresaw this." come from emerald in the same drawer.

I think you mean that they didn't exist?

Could go either way. Sja-Anat might or might not have been free during the False Desolation, Ba-Ado-Mishram apparently was. Could she really have made that many Enlightened Mistspren under Odium's nose? She might've been hiding & acting to gain some trust with the spren and/or experiment for a while before going forwards with it.

It's also possible that the Truthwatcher was using some other means of futuresight, it was a very disliked bit of magic (seriously, there's gotta be more to Moelach to breed this much distrust).

31 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Could go either way. Sja-Anat might or might not have been free during the False Desolation, Ba-Ado-Mishram apparently was. Could she really have made that many Enlightened Mistspren under Odium's nose? She might've been hiding & acting to gain some trust with the spren and/or experiment for a while before going forwards with it.

It's also possible that the Truthwatcher was using some other means of futuresight, it was a very disliked bit of magic (seriously, there's gotta be more to Moelach to breed this much distrust).

According to Smartvangian every Unmade have some relevance to future sight not just Moelach and Sja-Anat, it's possible it comes from what the others did, just try to imagine how Nergaoul or Yelig-Nar would do it

On 5/23/2021 at 4:45 AM, mathiau said:

Enlighten Truespren didn't exists before the true desolation so that's not possible. It's possible that the Truthwatcher using drawer 30-20 used another method to Voidbind but they can't be Naze-daughter-Kuzodo since both the sentences "We are uncertain the effects this will have on the parsh. At the very least, it should deny them forms of power. Melishi is confident, but Naze-daughter-Kuzodo warns of unintended side effects." and “Don't tell anyone. I can't say it. I must whisper. I foresaw this." come from emerald in the same drawer.

It can be from the same person because they could have added more gems afterwards. I don’t know how Naze-daughter-Kuzudo could have warned of side effects without some kind of future sight. None of the spren, not even the Sibling, knew what would happen, otherwise the Sibling would have told Melishi what would happen.

Just now, basement_boi said:

It can be from the same person because they could have added more gems afterwards. I don’t know how Naze-daughter-Kuzudo could have warned of side effects without some kind of future sight. None of the spren, not even the Sibling, knew what would happen, otherwise the Sibling would have told Melishi what would happen.

There are many reason why she could have, one of them being "we have no idea what would happen so we have no idea what the side effect could be". Also don't forget Melishi betrayed the Sibling at some point it could have been by not listening to their warning

On 23/05/2021 at 8:45 PM, mathiau said:

It's possible that the Truthwatcher using drawer 30-20 used another method to Voidbind but they can't be Naze-daughter-Kuzodo since both the sentences "We are uncertain the effects this will have on the parsh. At the very least, it should deny them forms of power. Melishi is confident, but Naze-daughter-Kuzodo warns of unintended side effects." and “Don't tell anyone. I can't say it. I must whisper. I foresaw this." come from emerald in the same drawer.

I don’t know what you mean? The two quotes come from different emeralds, meaning they are likely recorded by different people. The one that mentions Naze-daughter-Kuzodo warning of unintended side effects is from the fifth emerald. And the one that “foresaw this” is from a separate, particularly small emerald. I agree with OP, I think it makes total sense that this small emerald could be Naze-daughter-Kuzodo! 

I hope we get to learn more about her one day! 

Edited by Kahlani

21 minutes ago, Kahlani said:

I don’t know what you mean? The two quotes come from different emeralds, meaning they are likely recorded by different people. The one that mentions Naze-daughter-Kuzodo warning of unintended side effects is from the fifth emerald. And the one that “foresaw this” is from a separate, particularly small emerald. I agree with OP, I think it makes total sense that this small emerald could be Naze-daughter-Kuzodo! 

I hope we get to learn more about her one day! 

If you wanted to create a message to the future that you didn't want your contemporary to see, would you put it in a drawer that belong to someone else?

22 minutes ago, mathiau said:

If you wanted to create a message to the future that you didn't want your contemporary to see, would you put it in a drawer that belong to someone else?

The drawers don’t belong to anyone, the messages are specifically being left as memories since everyone is leaving the tower. So no one is really expected to be reading them except in the future. Even so, the person leaving that message took precautions to use the smallest gem, something that they hoped would go unnoticed by those recording the other messages in that draw. To me it seems obvious that they wanted to hide their recording from their fellow Truthwatchers, but felt it important enough for the future to record it in a little gem to be placed discreetly with the others (probably at the last minute when they believed the others were done with the draw and were leaving the tower). 

I think they chose that same draw to leave their message because it was relevant to the situation being recorded in those other emeralds - aka in reference to the capture of Ba-Ado-Mishram.

Edited by Kahlani