50 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Just to clarify @StrikerEZ, to get boxings PMs need to be game related, right? So, I couldn’t just send a PM saying “Hey, how are you,” and boom, I get two boxings? Do they have to be a certain length?

Who's to say whether or not sending "Hey, how are you" is game related? Maybe such a one-line message is secretly just a really lazy attempt at pocketing :P Anyways, if you send me such a message, I will absolutely take that as an invitation to strike up more game-related conversation in response.

I can't answer for Striker so take what I'm saying here with one more grain of salt than however many you would usually take it with, but I'm pretty sure that any PM sent to another player counts. If there were additional requirements, I think the rules would have said so.

9 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Are there any non-secret ways of PM spying? The Windwhisperer did that last time but that seems to have changed.

I don’t think so. :P

9 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Are there any non-secret ways of distorting the Sparker’s or the Investigator’s alignment scan results, besides them running into a Slider or Pulser? Smokers only block Seeking/Soothing/Rioting here.

I mean there’s roleblocks and redirects. Can’t remember how much of those there are.

6 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Just to clarify @StrikerEZ, to get boxings PMs need to be game related, right? So, I couldn’t just send a PM saying “Hey, how are you,” and boom, I get two boxings? Do they have to be a certain length?

I mean, the way we did it last game is we just checked a box off in the spreadsheet if you’d PM’d once in the turn. Technically all you would have to do is say something like that, though it’s more fun for everyone if you put more effort into the PMs. 

I wasn’t going to sign up for this game. The setting didn’t seem all that interesting, the boxing gimmick seemed a bit weird, and a very brief skim of the rules revealed nothing that immediately caught my attention. But upon a reread, I noticed two things that have changed my mind. 1. There are wayyyy more roles than there will be players, so a ton of roles will be left out. That’s interesting. And 2. There are secrets. Secrets are usually fun. 

Conclusion, I’ll join. No character since this setting doesn’t really click with me.

Edited by Dannex

9 hours ago, Dannex said:

I wasn’t going to sign up for this game. The setting didn’t seem all that interesting, the boxing gimmick seemed a bit weird, and a very brief skim of the rules revealed nothing that immediately caught my attention. But upon a reread, I noticed two things that have changed my mind. 1. There are wayyyy more roles than there will be players, so a ton of roles will be left out. That’s interesting. And 2. There are secrets. Secrets are usually fun. 

Conclusion, I’ll join. No character since this setting doesn’t really click with me.

Uhhhh, okay.

Pfft, whatever Dannex :P This is one of the most iconic games out there. Not only was it the birthplace of AraRaash, it’s why my pfp and my cover image in my profile are what they are. And that’s not even mentioning the Shouty-Shout Agency.

35 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Shouty-Shout Agency.

THE SHOUTY SHOUT AGENCY OMG

I clearly remember striker sending me stories about the shouty shout agency when he ran this game the first time.

38 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Pfft, whatever Dannex :P This is one of the most iconic games out there. Not only was it the birthplace of AraRaash, it’s why my pfp and my cover image in my profile are what they are. And that’s not even mentioning the Shouty-Shout Agency.

It means a lot to me that you consider my game to be iconic. :)

3 minutes ago, Biplet said:

THE SHOUTY SHOUT AGENCY OMG

I clearly remember striker sending me stories about the shouty shout agency when he ran this game the first time.

Yeah, the Shouty Shout Agency was really fun. I feel a bit bad limiting PMs to just one-on-one this game...but I think it's necessary since this game has a tendency to be really solvable through mechanics alone.

Just now, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Tell the new one more about this “Shouty Shout Agency...”

Well, basically, in the first run of this game, group PMs were allowed as long as the Tineye was alive. And there was this one group PM where they started only communicating in "shouts," aka in all caps. And they would post transcripts from the PMs in the thread as ways to get RP boxings. I don't remember who all was involved in the PM anymore, but it was really funny to watch.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Well, basically, in the first run of this game, group PMs were allowed as long as the Tineye was alive. And there was this one group PM where they started only communicating in "shouts," aka in all caps. And they would post transcripts from the PMs in the thread as ways to get RP boxings. I don't remember who all was involved in the PM anymore, but it was really funny to watch.

I remember because it wasn't me but I wished it was

It was Mist, Pyro, Drake for sure. I think Lahilt was in it as well, and Coda. Probably someone else.

I think Ash was also in on it?

Looking back, also Elandera and Magestar.

Wow, that was one ridiculous group PM. Very, very ridiculous.

For what it's worth, there was some game discussion :P It looks like one of my last messages in there before I died was saying something about the probability of the SHOUTY SHOUT AGENCY including some eliminators (which it most certainly did).

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ashbringer :ph34r:

Edited by DrakeMarshall

*pulls fire alarm* DID YOU SAY SHOUTY-SHOUT AGENCY?!?

Hehehe that was fun. And also yes this game feels iconic to me. Partly because I think it was my first LG, and also Ararash. :) hyyyyyype!

And yeah there was a little game discussion. A very little. Also transcripts are interspersed in the LG66 thread. 

56 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Wasn’t that also a semi-secret get-Ashbringer-exed group that I promptly reversed on most of its members? 

Ventyl (who was elim) was heavily pushing that, so yeah pretty much :P. He’s basically the only reason I scanned you though.

5 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I’m bored. @StrikerEZ What abilities does the Kandra have?

The rules don't specifically say, and it was already PAFOd if they start with an Allomantic ability. They probably start with an item or two, if I were to guess. But they don't have any abilities on their own other than choosing a player to be their successor that I'm aware of or you will be able to be aware of :P

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The rules don't specifically say, and it was already PAFOd if they start with an Allomantic ability. They probably start with an item or two, if I were to guess. But they don't have any abilities on their own other than choosing a player to be their successor that I'm aware of or you will be able to be aware of :P

Oh, I was just looking for a PAFO card lol

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Where do you get these, anyway? :P 

*resists urge to use another PAFO card*

Elbereth made a bunch awhile back and sent me some in our LG77 PM. :P

Also, that reminds me that I need to make an announcement: my wisdom teeth surgery got moved up to the exact time that I was planning on starting this game, rather than later in the day. So I'm thinking I'll probably push the start of this game at least 12 hours back. It depends on what time works for Young Bard. I should have an official time by the end of the day Wednesday for sure, if not earlier. @Ashbringer @Biplet @Szeth_Pancakes @Lotus @Araris Valerian @The Unknown Order @DrakeMarshall @Jondesu @Archer @Ventyl @Experience @Devotary of Spontaneity @Azmine_king @Mist @|TJ| @manukos @Dannex