Kelsier punches Dalinar

En-priestess

Okay. So Brandon has been totally trolling us with these previous Kelsier WOBs, first in 2013:

unknown

Wait--are you implying Hoid and Kelsier would want to murder each other, or that they would team up to murder other people?

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid and Kelsier do not get along. At all.

When we then see in Secret History that these two indeed DO NOT get along, lol!

And then again in 2015:

ccstat

If Kelsier (when Vin knew him) were to join one of the Rosharan secret societies, which one would he choose?

Brandon Sanderson

He would become part of the Ghostbloods, most likely, and would be in charge of them within a year.

Which now, holy Halls, is a mind blowing WOB... Ahem, Thaidakar!!!

So then I got thinking, these have all been such nonchalant little throwaway lines by Brandon that, at the time, we just find a bit funny... But then turn out to be completely SPOT ON! 

So I think this 2017 WOB will turn out to be just the same and end up being an actual future scene between Kelsier and Honor (who my best guess would be Dalinar in the future):

AllomancerSam

If given the opportunity, which Shard would Kelsier want to punch next?

Brandon Sanderson

He would find it really fun to punch Honor. Really fun.

So Dalinar ascends to Honor. Kelsier finds a way to get off world. He heads to his fav tax free investiture haven planet. Dalinar tells him to go away, and oh btw, that he looks kinda dumb in his edgy, floating Seon head cloak. Kelsier punches Dalinar. Kelsier enjoys punching Dalinar. Kelsier cackles maniacally and says that was fun. Dalinar opens a perpendicularity and kicks Kelsier into the bead ocean. Closes perpendicularity. The Cosmere sighs in relief. 

ACTUAL FUTURE COSMERE SCENE, change my mind.

(p.s. kinda a theory, definitely a joke)

Edited by Kahlani
P.s.

12 hours ago, Kahlani said:

Okay. So Brandon has been totally trolling us with these previous Kelsier WOBs, first in 2013:

When we then see in Secret History that these two indeed DO NOT get along, lol!

And then again in 2015:

Which now, holy Halls, is a mind blowing WOB... Ahem, Thaidakar!!!

So then I got thinking, these have all been such nonchalant little throwaway lines by Brandon that, at the time, we just find a bit funny... But then turn out to be completely SPOT ON! 

So I think this 2017 WOB will turn out to be just the same and end up being an actual future scene between Kelsier and Honor (who my best guess would be Dalinar in the future):

So Dalinar ascends to Honor. Kelsier finds a way to get off world. He heads to his fav tax free investiture haven planet. Dalinar tells him to go away, and oh btw, that he looks kinda dumb in his edgy, floating Seon head cloak. Kelsier punches Dalinar. Kelsier enjoys punching Dalinar. Kelsier cackles maniacally and says that was fun. Dalinar opens a perpendicularity and kicks Kelsier into the bead ocean. Closes perpendicularity. The Cosmere sighs in relief. 

ACTUAL FUTURE COSMERE SCENE, change my mind.

(p.s. kinda a theory, definitely a joke)

You forgot Kelsier’s fight with Moiraine...

“Well,” Kelsier said, “I don’t think it matters if you came back. We could just say this is me from the middle of the first Mistborn book. Besides, I think I eventually got better myself.”

“Doesn’t count. You became a disembodied voice that may or may not have actually been speaking into the mind of a young boy who was probably insane.”

“Yes,” Kelsier said, “but my series has a long way to go yet. Who knows what could happen? I’ve heard that some very remarkable things can happen with spikes . . .”

I like the line of thinking, also consider that when Kelsier goes around punching gods, there are two reasons:

a. He thinks they should be doing a much better job.

b. He thinks they're a piece of rusting cremcake.

Considering how much destruction and rampant dishonor has been all over Roshar, Scadrial, and the cosmere in general, he'd probably love to punch whoever's holding Honor for reason a. If it happens to be Dalinar, highprince, former Blackthorn, noble, etc. he'll just relish it for reason b. 

Edited by The Technovore
*thinks, lol