Mistborn Vs Radiant

Mistborn Vs Radiant  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be mistborn or knight radiant?

• Mistborn
    • Knight Radiant

Would you rather be a Knight Radiant or a Mistborn? And which do you think is more powerful?  I know it can be confusing though, seeing how Knight Radiants have different levels of ideals.

I for one would much rather be a Knight Radiant.

#Stormblessed
#Bridgefour

Edited by Born of The Storm

As incredible as the power of a Radiant is, and as awesome as the helpful Spren companion would be, I'm assuming that we're talking irl, and I'm not sure I want the hassle of being a living WMD that has every military in the world aiming at my back. Sure, a Mistborn is pretty much a WMD too, but it's easier to hide thanks to copper, and generally has more powers that would be convenient in the day-to-day life. Should be relatively easy to get metals without drawing too much suspicion... right?

14 minutes ago, Tani said:

What assumptions are we making here? Because there's the thing about stormlight, and the thing about metals, and are we saying  mistborn vs. radiant or misting vs. radiant?

Or, potentially, Misting vs bonding Yelignar and having power over all Ten Surges mwahaha :ph34r:

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

Isn’t there a 64 page discussion on this in the RoW lore Thread?

Are y’all just gonna replay that here?

Yes. :D

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Or, potentially, Misting vs bonding Yelignar and having power over all Ten Surges mwahaha :ph34r:

Yeah, that too. Or Mistborn vs. bonding Yelig-Nar.

1 hour ago, Tani said:

What assumptions are we making here? Because there's the thing about stormlight, and the thing about metals, and are we saying  mistborn vs. radiant or misting vs. radiant?

Mistborn vs 4th ideal radiant?

2 hours ago, The Technovore said:

As incredible as the power of a Radiant is, and as awesome as the helpful Spren companion would be, I'm assuming that we're talking irl, and I'm not sure I want the hassle of being a living WMD that has every military in the world aiming at my back. Sure, a Mistborn is pretty much a WMD too, but it's easier to hide thanks to copper, and generally has more powers that would be convenient in the day-to-day life. Should be relatively easy to get metals without drawing too much suspicion... right?

true, but you would be more powerful as a radiant thouhg

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

I'd be a Mistborn, just for convenience's sake. There's not a very good supply of Stormlight in my area.

say there was Stormlight like on roshar

How would a Mistborn get through 4th Oath Plate? 
If would have to be a Duraluminum push with a heavy metal that the Mistborn has to lug around to even crack the plate

And the Mistborn would also need to carry lots of vials

And a Radiant that gets within 6 feet of a Mistborn is going to be hit with the Shardblade and a Windrunner is going to outrun a Coinshot

2 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

How would a Mistborn get through 4th Oath Plate? 
If would have to be a Duraluminum push with a heavy metal that the Mistborn has to lug around to even crack the plate

And the Mistborn would also need to carry lots of vials

And a Radiant that gets within 6 feet of a Mistborn is going to be hit with the Shardblade and a Windrunner is going to outrun a Coinshot

Bejardin... Frustration asked us to not.

But the lugging heavy metal around is answered by pewter. Easy, tbh. And since a steelpushed coin is compared to a rifle's bullet a lot in Era 2 (with Mistings being at their weakest), I don't think it should be too difficult to bash up some plate with a heavy lead ingot.

(just sayin :ph34r:)

Edited by The Technovore

8 hours ago, Born of The Storm said:

Would you rather be a Knight Radiant or a Mistborn? And which do you think is more powerful?  I know it can be confusing though, seeing how Knight Radiants have different levels of ideals.

I will answer the first question, for the second one...RoW thread has  been more than enough for me I think.

I would rather be Knight Radiant, specifically Elsecaller or Edgedancer, mostly because of the spren (it would be nice to have a close friend around pretty much all the time), and the orders 1) Elsecaller, because Soulcasting is awesome (I wouldn't have to cook with some practice! ...and also lots of gold) + travelling to CR. 2) Edgedancer, because Progression could be useful in gardening and sliding around is fun.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

hahaha, I sense the frustration flow through you, strike me down! and your journey to frustration shall be complete...

I beat you to using that line in reference to my ascention by about a year.

How, Frustrating. 

• 4 weeks later...