24 posts in this topic

Hello hello hello! I don't know how many people know this, but there's a Mistborn RPG? Mistborn Adventure Game It's super cool. I haven't done anything with it yet, but I really want to. However, there's also an additional book you can get that's based on Alloy of Law and general Era 2 stuff. Alloy of Law Book Inside of this second one is a bunch of stuff for Twinborn, including some other names for them! We know that Wax is a Crasher, but did you know that Wayne is a Constant? And Miles Hundredlives is known as a Timeless? There's a bunch of names, so here they are! 

Feruchemical Table

Allomancy Table

• Allomancy, Feruchemy, Name
  • Tin, Tin, Eagle Eye
  • Tin, Steel, Catcher
  • Tin, Copper, Monitor
  • Tin, Zinc, Quickwit
  • Tin, Chromium, Keeneye
  • Pewter, Pewter, Hefter
  • Pewter, Steel, Sprinter
  • Pewter, Zinc, Sooner
  • Pewter, Chromium, Scrapper
  • Pewter, Gold, Bruteblood
  • Pewter, Cadmuim, Marathoner
  • Iron, Pewter, Scaler
  • Iron, Iron, Deader (They're well known for squishing themselves dead)
  • Iron, Steel, Guardian
  • Iron, Zinc, Navigator
  • Iron, Gold, Stalwart
  • Steel, Tin, Sharpshooter
  • Steel, Iron, Crasher
  • Steel, Steel, Swift
  • Steel, Aluminum, Shroud
  • Steel, Duralumin, Bigshot
  • Steel, Chromium, Luckshot
  • Steel, Cadmium, Cloudtoucher
  • Copper, Copper, Copperkeep
  • Copper, Bronze, Shroud ( Yeah, two of them are named "Shroud". I dunno. \_(ツ)_/¯ )
  • Copper, Brass, Boiler
  • Copper, Aluminum, Ghostwalker
  • Copper, Duralumin, Shelter
  • Copper, Chromium, Masker
  • Bronze, Tin, Sentinel
  • Bronze, Steel, Hazedodger
  • Bronze, Copper, Metalmapper
  • Bronze, Bronze, Sleepless
  • Bronze, Zinc, Pulsewise
  • Bronze, Bendalloy, Stalker
  • Zinc, Pewter, Strongarm
  • Zinc, Zinc, Mastermind
  • Zinc, Aluminum, Loudmouth
  • Zinc, Duralumin, Zealot
  • Zinc, Chromium, High Roller
  • Zinc, Electrum, Instigator
  • Brass, Zinc, Schemer
  • Brass, Brass, Cooler
  • Brass, Aluminum, Icon
  • Brass, Duralumin, Pacifier
  • Brass, Chromium, Slick
  • Brass, Electrum, Resolute
  • Aluminum, Aluminum, Puremind
  • Duralumin, Duralumin, Friendly
  • Chromium, Pewter, Metalbreaker
  • Chromium, Chromium, Ringer
  • Chromium, Nicrosil, Sapper
  • Chromium, Bendalloy, Gulper
  • Nicrosil, Pewter, Booster
  • Nicrosil, Copper, Burst-Ticker
  • Nicrosil, Duralumin, Enabler
  • Nicrosil, Nicrosil, Soulburst
  • Nicrosil, Electrum, Cohort
  • Gold, Copper, Chronicler
  • Gold, Aluminum, Vessel
  • Gold, Gold, Timeless
  • Gold, Electrum, Introspect
  • Electrum, Iron, Whimflitter
  • Electrum, Copper, Foresight
  • Electrum, Zinc, Flicker
  • Electrum, Chromium, Charmed
  • Electrum, Electrum, Visionary
  • Cadmium, Bronze, Plotter
  • Cadmium, Gold, Yearspanner
  • Cadmium, Cadmium, Chrysalis
  • Bendalloy, Tin, Spotter
  • Bendalloy, Steel, Blur
  • Bendalloy, Copper, Assessor
  • Bendalloy, Zinc, Flashwit
  • Bendalloy, Aluminum, Monument
  • Bendalloy, Gold, Constant
  • Bendalloy, Electrum, Transcendent
  • Bendalloy, Bendalloy, Sated

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 11.21.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 11.21.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 11.21.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 11.22.13 AM.png

By the way, these aren't canon. The Mistborn Adventure Game isn't canon, and Brandon didn't write these names. I think that it's still a fun idea and cool to look at all of them!

Edited by Spider-Radiant
Non Canon, Double Shroud

There is "Shroud" two times.

Double pewter is not a punchy guy?

I'm disappointed.

Why is Iron+Iron=deader

Shouldn’t they be known for more than killing themselves?

Like if that was the only thing then wouldn’t nobody have heard of them

9 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Why is Iron+Iron=deader

Yeah, that's annoying. I really like the double iron twinborn idea, because they can flip cars and pull planes out of the sky and basically just tear anything made of metal apart by making themselves heavier than it and then pulling. Iron-iron is a very powerful combination and this suggests they're just known for doing stupid stuff that hurts them!?

23 minutes ago, HSuperLee said:

Yeah, that's annoying. I really like the double iron twinborn idea, because they can flip cars and pull planes out of the sky and basically just tear anything made of metal apart by making themselves heavier than it and then pulling. Iron-iron is a very powerful combination and this suggests they're just known for doing stupid stuff that hurts them!?

I really like the Iron Compounder idea as I am working on developing a headcanon fanfic of mine with one... but Deader? Seriously? And how do they kill themselves so much?

Not only can they flip cars, pull planes, but given the right setting, and the storing of all weight, they can fly.

Now I'm just waiting for Mistborn Era 3 to introduce political correctness and stuff like "Deader" becomes offensive... lol

Ok it says Deaders smash themselves flat

Does this have any source in book or WoB. Are these games canon

Wax goes building size in AOL and he’s fine 

So shouldn’t the body adapt to the extra weight

13 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

I really like the Iron Compounder idea as I am working on developing a headcanon fanfic of mine with one... but Deader? Seriously? And how do they kill themselves so much?

Not only can they flip cars, pull planes, but given the right setting, and the storing of all weight, they can fly.

Now I'm just waiting for Mistborn Era 3 to introduce political correctness and stuff like "Deader" becomes offensive... lol

7 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Wax pushes things away from him, an iron compounder would pull things towads themselves, think about it,  one missuse and a car is sent hurtiling towards you.

Also MAG isn't cannon

Just now, Frustration said:

Wax pushes things away from him, an iron compounder would pull things towads themselves, think about it,  one missuse and a car is sent hurtiling towards you.

Also MAG isn't cannon

But are all Deaders also brain dead?

What idiot would pull a 2 ton train towards him while he is on F-Iron?

Just now, Bejardin1250 said:

But are all Deaders also brain dead?

What idiot would pull a 2 ton train towards him while he is on F-Iron?

There has probably only been one so that's not out of the question.

17 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

There is "Shroud" two times.

I think it fits the second combo (a-copper, f-bronze) better because I don't think Spiritual Identity quite works that way. Same goes for a-copper, f-aluminium, their name's metal tho but Metalbreaker sounds even more metal.

A few combinations are missing, they're hard to conceptualize & some of them might not work but I'd still have liked to see them on the list.

Oh god a duralumin Compounder would be terrifying. "oh no somebody just attacked you, who was it, definitely not that guy/girl, they seem like such a good guy/girl"

According to Brandon, these def aren't canon

Questioner

Are we ever going to get a list of Wayne's Twinborn names?

Brandon Sanderson

Heh, what do you mean? The--

Questioner

He claims to have all the Twinborns memorized?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, okay.

Questioner

Are we going to have a list of that anywhere sometime?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah I think I let the RPG go wild with naming them, and-- I haven't named them all, I'll be honest with you. I name the ones that I need when I need them.

Shadows of Self release party (Oct. 5, 2015)

Hope we get the canonical list in era 3!

Edited by Honorless
Spelling

16 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

16 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

16 hours ago, HSuperLee said:

16 hours ago, Bejardin1250 said:

Why is Iron+Iron=deader

When you compound, you burn the metal, right? You burn the metal, and you tap the metal, both Wax and Sazed refer to it as ten-fold normally, so like one hundred fold with compounding. So they make themselves incredibly heavy, heavier than anyone could withstand, and flatten themselves? That's the logic that I came to. And then if they try to pull anything toward them, it'd rush towards them and... squish.

Edited by Spider-Radiant

Oooh. This is from the Coppermind on Compounding, most of the way through the "Mechanics" Section: 

The power of Compounding is even greater than it may appear at first glance because the Feruchemical attributes being released may also be stored, rather than used, and the process repeated with a greater reserve of Investiture at the Compounder's disposal. Repeated cycles allow for exponential (and effectively infinite) access to Feruchemical attributes.

There isn't a source on this, but if it's true, then there could be some crazy stuff you could do, including basically flying like what @Knight of Iron was saying.

Edited by Spider-Radiant

I have an issue with "Marathoner." The word marathon is very culturally specific, and it's extremely unlikely that Scadrial would have a word for a 26.2-mile run. Granted, it could be a best-guess translation for some other word similar to marathon on Scadrial, but in that case, I would have liked them to use the actual Scadrian term for it, instead of making a rusty (pun VERY much intended) translation into English.

7 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I have an issue with "Marathoner." The word marathon is very culturally specific, and it's extremely unlikely that Scadrial would have a word for a 26.2-mile run. Granted, it could be a best-guess translation for some other word similar to marathon on Scadrial, but in that case, I would have liked them to use the actual Scadrian term for it, instead of making a rusty (pun VERY much intended) translation into English.

Yea how dare the translators make a flub like this? Honestly, the disrespect to Scadrian culture and language is shameful! And to think Brandon calls himself a historian smh.

Edited by The Technovore
this is entirely sarcasm

8 hours ago, The Technovore said:

Yea how dare the translators make a flub like this? Honestly, the disrespect to Scadrian culture and language is shameful! And to think Brandon calls himself a historian smh.

Disrespectful. Makes me sick.

I wonder if the Scadrian equivalent of marathon would be that battle where Elend ran across the country to find a town occupied by Koloss and then fought a ton to take control of them before marching back to his army. I can't remember what the name of the town he saved was, but that could be the name they use instead of marathon.

If anyone is going to look it up, its where he gets asked if he's the Lord Ruler and he just says, "Close enough."

1 hour ago, HSuperLee said:

I wonder if the Scadrian equivalent of marathon would be that battle where Elend ran across the country to find a town occupied by Koloss and then fought a ton to take control of them before marching back to his army. I can't remember what the name of the town he saved was, but that could be the name they use instead of marathon.

If anyone is going to look it up, its where he gets asked if he's the Lord Ruler and he just says, "Close enough."

Yesss :)

I would very much like to see this REPLACED.

*ahem*

@Crafty Games

I didn't know they had a list for all of them! I thought that was just for compounding twinborn. Also, do all of them have special stunts? If so, what's the pewter/pewter stunt? Sorry if I'm being bothersome, but thank you!

The MAG isn't canon so anything it might have to say about Resonances (that's the term you're thinking of) would be non-canon as well. The MAG for example made up a use for F-Nicrosil because it was written before Brandon explained what it actually does in Bands of Mourning.

So no, we don't know what a double-pewter Twinborn would get as their Resonance and won't unless/until Brandon either writes it into a book or tells us so in a WoB.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:13 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

I have an issue with "Marathoner." The word marathon is very culturally specific, and it's extremely unlikely that Scadrial would have a word for a 26.2-mile run.

It's extremely unlikely that they have an exact equivalent to the term 'hat trick' either, but Elend makes the joke nonetheless. Brandon even poked fun at this when he wrote up a story for a Kelsier vs Moiraine matchup. He;s fully aware of the 'translation problem', see here.

In other words, just repeat to yourself the MST3K Mantra.

Edited by Weltall

I feel like Deaders being able to tap near limitless weight would effectively be able to turn themselves into black holes, based of Wax when he says his body strengthens to handle the weight. I think deaders have planet destruction level powers

On 5/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, HSuperLee said:

The one that I thought of is when Vin and Kelsier sprinted for 16 hours straight, no breaks, from Luthadel to save the army at the Arguois caverns. Arguoiser? The episode doesn't have the same connotation of triumph as Marathon, but it is a set measurable distance and about the Suvivor and Ascendant Warrior. If Demoux found out about that run you bet it got retold.

On 5/16/2021 at 5:02 PM, Bejarden said:

Why is Iron+Iron=deader

This could very well be a "reference" to the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks

Spoiler

In Night Angel book 1 - The Way of Shadows - Durzo is training Azoth to be a Wetboy and lesson one is:

Assassins have targets because they might fail, but Wetboys have Deaders because once we take a contract, they are dead, they just don't know it yet (paraphrased)